• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
So besides having anxiety in general, I have a huge problem talking on the phone... which I'm sure isn't uncommon around here.

I've been pacing around rehearsing for a quick phone call that I'm supposed to make for about an hour now. I feel ridiculous and I'm probably stalling a bit. I mean there's no way I can predict exactly what will happen on the phone call, but it's not like it's likely to be very long.
I'm literally just calling this company to figure out when I'm supposed to be starting work there. I've been in indirect contact via a friend that works there as a supervisor, and I keep being told I'm supposed to start but then it keeps being pushed back a week... been going like this since December. should be a quick and straightforward call but... here we are

Ironically it's for a call center position. I swore I'd never do this work again, but again... here we are. LOL!

Anyway, this thread is pointless and probably another act of stalling. Hello, SS

Reactions: therhydler, Pointlessabyss, 15dec and 13 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and LivedTooLong
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I'm always nervous before a call too. Not to family or anything, but definitely to companies, the bank, etc. I usually have to rehearse my lines in my head beforehand, or sometimes even write them down in windows notepad first.

Reactions: therhydler, Memento Mori, ReadyasEver and 4 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018

'Telephone Thing' by The Fall is better imo.

But yeah, hate the fucking thing, l ignore it most of the time, absolutely dread making phone calls and the mobile telephone is the worst invention since the a-bomb, at least with the old fashioned landline you could ignore the fucker and pretend you are out.

Reactions: therhydler, Pointlessabyss, Letmego. Please and 6 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018

Reactions: therhydler, Letmego. Please, wiIIow and 1 other person
T

TheLastStraw

May 10, 2018
Get a piece of paper and write down what you want to say like

Hi this is (your name) I'm supposed to start working there and I need to know my start date, I'm looking forward to working hard with you guys

Also write down any other questions or concerns in advance

Dial the number then countdown from 10 when you say 1, hit the call button, take some slow deep breathes and act like your happy and confident

I have the same fear, even worst case the people aren't going to start insulting you or reach through the phone and stab you

Reactions: therhydler, TheCrow, wiIIow and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
But yeah, hate the fucking thing, l ignore it most of the time, absolutely dread making phone calls and the mobile telephone is the worst invention since the a-bomb, at least with the old fashioned landline you could ignore the fucker and pretend you are out.
:pfff::pfff::pfff::pfff::pfff::pfff:
You've got to be a professional comedian!
Which one are you?

Reactions: therhydler, TheCrow, ReadyasEver and 1 other person
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018

cool jam, never heard it before

Yeah I kind of hate that with cellphones, it's just sort of expected that you're always available. i just keep the thing on silent, because hearing it go off is like hearing air raid sirens

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Chinaski and 1 other person
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018

"What kind is it, the King James version?"
"Yeah the Rick James version!"

Fucking hell hahaha, this dude's bible sounds dope. I'd read the shit out of it

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Johnnythefox
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
Get a piece of paper and write down what you want to say like

Hi this is (your name) I'm supposed to start working there and I need to know my start date, I'm looking forward to working hard with you guys

Also write down any other questions or concerns in advance

Dial the number then countdown from 10 when you say 1, hit the call button, take some slow deep breathes and act like your happy and confident

I have the same fear, even worst case the people aren't going to start insulting you or reach through the phone and stab you

Haha, yeah man I mean... I've got the whole thing worked out. I know the proper words to say, but as soon as I'm connected my brain nopes the fuck out and leaves me stranded and sounding like a doofus. So stupid

Last edited:
Reactions: therhydler, TheCrow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
@Willow am glad I'm not the only one who keeps their phone on silent :-) totally agree with you - it scares the living daylights out of me when it rings

Reactions: therhydler, TheCrow, NumbItAll and 2 others
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018

I actually do not have a cell phone for this reason, and a small percentage because it doesn't even work where I live out in the boonies. But I honestly have no use for one. I have enough with my iPad and a landline.

Reactions: therhydler, wiIIow, Johnnythefox and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I share similar sentiments as well. I'm nervous when on the phone interacting with someone, especially when it is an important phone call. I have general anxiety just around people face to face, unless I've gotten to know said person fairly well, but the first time is always nervous. All in all, I do avoid the phone as much as I can and prefer email and text when I'm communicating with people.

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and wiIIow
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
@Willow am glad I'm not the only one who keeps their phone on silent :-) totally agree with you - it scares the living daylights out of me when it rings

ikr, I also feel that way if I get a knock on the door.
was watching The Punisher last night, and in this episode someone was automatically whipping out their gun before slowly moving towards the door upon hearing a knock... and I'm like, yeah I feel that

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Johnnythefox
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
giphy.gif

Reactions: therhydler, ReadyasEver, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
on a note unrelated to hellphones, why the fuck do I drink coffee when I'm in panic mode? it's about the opposite of what I should do, yet every time I wind up chain smoking cigarettes and chugging a shitload of coffee. i feel like it calms me down but I know it doesn't lol

I already drink too much coffee but in a time like this I double my dose

Reactions: therhydler, TheCrow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
We used to prank call when we were younger, sometimes picking a random number out of the phone book or getting a takeaway delivered to someone random or someone along the street.
1413891620885 wps 6 A cut out shot of a old f

Reactions: therhydler, Kdawg2018, TheCrow and 2 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
on a note unrelated to hellphones, why the fuck do I drink coffee when I'm in panic mode? it's about the opposite of what I should do, yet every time I wind up chain smoking cigarettes and chugging a shitload of coffee. i feel like it calms me down but I know it doesn't lol

I always light a cigarette prior to making A Phone Call, it's the last motivational stage, but l generally end up smoking three on the bounce before making the actual call.

Reactions: therhydler, Kdawg2018, Smilla and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018

:pfff::pfff::pfff::pfff:
I chucked out a jar and a half of coffee, it's not made one bit of difference to my mental health.

Reactions: therhydler and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I always light a cigarette prior to making A Phone Call, it's the last motivational stage, but l generally end up smoking three on the bounce before making the actual call.

good thing I roll my own, I'm about to move on to the next step of smoking two at once for Maximum Nicotine

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Johnnythefox and 1 other person
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
We used to prank call when we were younger, sometimes picking a random number out of the phone book or getting a takeaway delivered to someone random or someone along the street.
View attachment 6124

When I was 17 I did call in a pizza to a nonexistent address on my street, it wasn't nearly as satisfying as i thought it would be and now I feel like a dick for wasting the poor guy's time

There was one time that I fucked with one of those guys that calls on behalf of Microsoft or something, claiming that something's wrong with your computer and that they need remote access to fix it. I managed to keep him on the line for a while before he realized what happening and called me a dumb bitch before hanging up lol. I was only able to manage that because I was wasted at the time, but that felt pretty satisfying

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Chinaski and 1 other person
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I've not done it yet, but my young brother has destroyed a few phones by throwing them at the Wall. His friend ripped a payphone off the wall years ago when his girlfriend informed him it was over between them.

Reactions: therhydler and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
My mother would often go into shock when the phone bill arrived, so she invested in one of these. I think she may also have taken the phone with her when leaving the house sometimes.
3902981587 270ca8daf5 b

Reactions: therhydler, Kdawg2018, TheCrow and 5 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
rate my setup
20190122 152433

Reactions: therhydler, Pointlessabyss, TheCrow and 3 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
Cute, would date

Cool, now I know which photo to feature on my future Tinder profile. no lad can resist this charming lifestyle

Reactions: therhydler, Kdawg2018, TheCrow and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
This is my baby, she never lets me down. DSC 0271

Reactions: therhydler, Kdawg2018, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
hey mister heard u like butts
20190122 154142
;;;;)))))))))

Reactions: therhydler, Pointlessabyss, TheCrow and 4 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
This is my baby, she never lets me down. View attachment 6131

I gave vaping a whirl, but my garbage ass needs way more nicotine than I can get from those
also it doesn't deliver quite the same sensation of burning and killing my lungs that I crave (I hope that sounds edgy enough)

Reactions: therhydler, TheCrow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others