Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I guess you can blame us Scots for your dilemma, we apparently invented the telephone as well as the television.

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I gave vaping a whirl, but my garbage ass needs way more nicotine than I can get from those
also it doesn't deliver quite the same sensation of burning and killing my lungs that I crave (I hope that sounds edgy enough)
I smoked since my teens until I got the vape just over a year ago. Smoking is way too expensive now, you need to get a second job practically just to keep up.

Reactions: therhydler, TheCrow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I smoked since my teens until I got the vape just over a year ago. Smoking is way too expensive now, you need to get a second job practically just to keep up.

Yeah I get it, I wouldn't be able to afford it if I bought packs rather than rolling them; I'm assuming smokes are way more expensive over there

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Johnnythefox
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Yeah I get it, I wouldn't be able to afford it if I bought packs rather than rolling them; I'm assuming smokes are way more expensive over there
I used to roll my own also after stopping packs for a year about twenty three years ago, any tobacco products are expensive over here. I think it's maybe £12 a pack or more.

Reactions: therhydler, wiIIow and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I used to roll my own also after stopping packs for a year about twenty three years ago, any tobacco products are expensive over here. I think it's maybe £12 a pack or more.

jeez, yeah that's pretty steep. my usual smokes were a little over $6, or a little over $8 if I decided to treat myself to Camels

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
It was 25 pence for a pack of 10 when I started smoking in the late 70's.
Screenshot 20190122 222259 Screenshot 20190122 222212

Reactions: therhydler and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Wtf is that??
A phone lock on a telephone, to prevent the dial turning. My mother wasn't a bad person, the opposite in fact. There were five kids and she was left to pick up the tab for all the calls.

Last edited:
Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and wiIIow
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
4D5E49C0 2146 4B3F 8AAE 45E1BF55615C Nothing like carrying around a 7 lb phone in the 80's with terrible range, static reception, and no ring tone choices. Those were the days.

Reactions: therhydler, Jen Erik, Lil_Intro_Vert and 3 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
A phone lock on a telephone, to prevent the dial turning. My mother wasn't a bad person, the opposite in fact. There were five kids and she was left to pick up the tab for all the calls.

That is seriously genius.

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I used to get cold hands and shake when making or receiving calls for ridiculously basic stuff I didn't want to deal with and then afterwards felt irrationally amazing even if the stuff I had to deal with was a month overdue. Work and looking for it is terrible to begin with.

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Johnnythefox and 1 other person
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
So besides having anxiety in general, I have a huge problem talking on the phone... which I'm sure isn't uncommon around here.

I've been pacing around rehearsing for a quick phone call that I'm supposed to make for about an hour now. I feel ridiculous and I'm probably stalling a bit. I mean there's no way I can predict exactly what will happen on the phone call, but it's not like it's likely to be very long.
I'm literally just calling this company to figure out when I'm supposed to be starting work there. I've been in indirect contact via a friend that works there as a supervisor, and I keep being told I'm supposed to start but then it keeps being pushed back a week... been going like this since December. should be a quick and straightforward call but... here we are

Ironically it's for a call center position. I swore I'd never do this work again, but again... here we are. LOL!

Anyway, this thread is pointless and probably another act of stalling. Hello, SS
Willow, congrats on the new job! That's awesome!

Reactions: therhydler, wiIIow and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
So I'm watching this thing where these guys are trying to build the best computer under $300 (super nerdy, I know), and it involves calling people from Craigslist etc:

and just watching them calling strangers stresses me out

like how do people do this

:pfff:

Reactions: therhydler and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals