• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Unworthyoflove

Unworthyoflove

Student
Aug 7, 2022
Hey everyone, today I would like to share some teachings from teal swan. In my humble opinion she is one of the few people in the mental health field , that has a good understanding where mental illness comes from and how one can deal with it. I am not saying that her teachings will make your problems or pain disappear... but it can really help to understand oneself better and sometimes it can be just comforting to listen to someone whos been there and really gets it, gets how you feel. she has had a traumatic experience herself, being abused in a cult as a child . wich is probably what made her such an expert in this field. she also has been suicidal herself , so she really knows how it feels. hope this can help somebody here to feel some relief or comfort, even if its just for a moment. everyone have a wonderful day :)

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
I took a look at your videos and think they could be helpful for many. However, I would urge some caution as she seems to dismiss the influence of neurology and brain chemistry.

Caution should also be exercised in regard to self-reflection. This can be helpful but there is a risk of delving too deep into oneself that one can start to lose connection with others and even worsen depression.

It reflects a good and kind heart that desires to share something helpful.

Reactions: Mixo
Unworthyoflove

Unworthyoflove

Student
Aug 7, 2022
first of all thank you for being the only person who replied on this thread :) honestly there are hundreds of her videos and I havent seen them all, maybe she addresses this somewhere. but I could also imagine she does not, because she wants people to find the root of where the depression comes from and not only define and work on its symtoms. I am surely not an expert, but I ve never met anyone who got depressed without some kind of trauma happening before that(on this forum I d say most people have trauma and are extremly lonely and isolated). either in childhood or later. sometimes its also subconscious . If depression is mainly coming from chemical imbalance, then I guess we actually wouldnt need any kinds of therapists to talk to. we could just get the pills from our regular doctor. But if it is coming from that ( not ruling this out) then it would be interesting to find out why so many people nowadays have this neurological and chemical problem? where does it come from ? is genetical, coming from food or water or vaccines. chemicals can find there way in our body in many ways... what is your experience with the cause of depression ?
here is one of many about selfreflection....I believe rather calls this shadow work. maybe thats why its hard to find a video with the title selfreflection ;)

Last edited: