GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
A family member of mine contracted covid recently, after visiting a friends house. My fam did not even enter the house, they only spent about an hour in the backyard while the person with covid stayed inside their bedroom. That's how contagious this shit is.

Within two days, my fam was positive on a rapid antigen test, coughing, had a runny nose, sore throat, could not taste food properly, and was tired and lethargic. My fam was triple-vaccinated.

I am completely unvaccinated. I shared the same house with them, and even spent time together in the same lounge room with them for almost the entire duration of the covid infection. Not only did I experience absolutely no symptoms, but not a single one of my 3 different rapid antigen tests came back positive throughout the 14 or so days of them having covid. 💪

Of course I'm still being bullied as always to get the vaccines, but naturally I'm feeling even more cocky now.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Shu, Huntfish34, unraveling and 12 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Honestly, of the thousand people dying each day most are unvaccinated.

• Yay!
Reactions: realrust99, seaweaves, Weebster and 5 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I don't know if you were lucky or unlucky. I had covid before the vacs were around. It was awful.
Unfortunately I didn't die. I did get the vacs though. Not for me but the people around me.
I think I may have got it again at least once but symptoms weren't as sevear.

• Love
Reactions: seaweaves, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, archipelago and 3 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I didn't expect you to be anti-vax, for some reason. Be careful, you don't want to die of covid, and not get to use your N :wink:

• Yay!
Reactions: walt, GentleJerk and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I didn't expect you to be anti-vax, for some reason. Be careful, you don't want to die of covid, and not get to use your N :wink:
N would definitely be more peaceful. If it's only a mild case, you are unlikely to die from it.

Reactions: GentleJerk
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I am glad you didn't get covid. i hope your fam is doing better now. Getting vaccinated is a personal choice

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Ashu and 4 others
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Yeah dying from covid would be a waste of N and an awful way to go, but it's not going to happen. I'll still be careful of course and refrain from licking shopping trolley handles for now. Sounds odd, but I'm not anti-vax, I just never got around to doing it.

Despite being nervous, I even booked an appointment to get a vaccine in January, mainly for the sake of my daughter after being told that having a vax somehow protects her. Also because doctors and the society around me are trying to scare me into it, including banning unvaxxed people from restaurants and events.

But on the day of my booking there was a few issues and I wasn't able to receive it. It felt like a sign. My fams symptoms were mild too, so covid is either not as bad as they are making it out to be, or I'm one of the lucky ones who is naturally immune or experience no symptoms- so I'm more confident being unvxxed now.

Getting vaccinated is a personal choice

Thank you, yes they are fine now.

I agree. Except for my mum who developed some kind of weird autoimmune disease after getting her 2nd pfizer vax, and my best mate who had extreme tiredness and mental disturbances for a couple of months after getting his 3rd booster, I've seen other people get the vaccine and they say it's fine, at least for now. So people should get vaccinated if they want to. If they don't, that's their choice and I don't agree with ostracising them, and all the scare-mongering.

I would be more inclined to getting a covid vax if it were more like a traditional vaccine, for instance, like the polio vax. Of course it's not, so once is not enough and it seems like people will need to keep regularly getting boosters ad infinitum otherwise they lose all protection. In that way it's more like the yearly flu-shots they give out, which I never agreed with. I never once received a flu-shot and have only been mildly sick with the flu once in the last decade, and I caught that flu from a friend who was extremely sick with the flu and always gets her flu-shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Élégie
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Yeah dying from covid would be a waste of N and an awful way to go, but it's not going to happen. I'll still be careful of course and refrain from licking shopping trolley handles for now. Sounds odd, but I'm not anti-vax per se, I just never got around to doing it.

Despite being nervous, I even booked an appointment to get a vaccine in January, mainly for the sake of my daughter after being told that having a vax somehow protects her. Also because doctors and the society around me are trying to scare me into it, including banning unvaxxed people from restaurants and events.

But on the day of my booking there was a few issues and I wasn't able to receive it. It felt like a sign. My fams symptoms were mild too, so covid is either not as bad as they are making it out to be, or I'm one of the lucky ones who is naturally immune or experience no symptoms- so I'm more confident bei
I would be more inclined to getting a covid vax if it were more like a traditional vaccine, for instance, like the polio vax. Of course it's not, so once is not enough
I mean, children actually get FOUR doses of polio vaccine, but sure....

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
I mean, children actually get FOUR doses of polio vaccine, but sure....
Once as in one course. Once you are fully vaccinated for polio and develop the necessary antibodies, you are immune. The covid vaccines don't work this way. Don't speak up to me from down there on your high-horse 😄

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Some people do get boostered for polio. I was.

And I am not speaking down to you. I think you are over-simplifying is all.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Some people do get boostered for polio. I was.

I got vaccinated for polio as a child, so I'm immune, won't be getting polio, and don't need a booster.

Back to the subject- I'm either naturally immune to covid, or I caught it with no symptoms and have the natural antibodies now. So I'm more confident in being unvaxxed.

Last edited:
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
My home is covid currently, my husband is seriously Ill with it, he's fully vaccinated, I am not vaccinated, I am fine
Hes lost sense of taste/smell, constant cough, puffy eyes, aches and pains, the list is endless, I spent monday in bed as I was tired (which is how we discovered we had covid) but other then that I am fine!
I've never called the vaccination bullshit, and fair play to those that have them, but whats the point of them?

Reactions: Ashu and GentleJerk
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
My home is covid currently, my husband is seriously Ill with it, he's fully vaccinated, I am not vaccinated, I am fine
Hes lost sense of taste/smell, constant cough, puffy eyes, aches and pains, the list is endless, I spent monday in bed as I was tired (which is how we discovered we had covid) but other then that I am fine!
I've never called the vaccination bullshit, and fair play to those that have them, but whats the point of them?
The vaccines dramatically reduce risk of death and serious illness, by over 90% for sure. The vaccines don't prevent 100% of cases. So of course some people who get the vaccine do get ill. That's the thing that so many people don't get, the difference between 90 - 95% and 100%. Most people who are dying are those that have not had the vaccine. It's a matter of odds. If your team has a 90% chance to win the super bowl, that doesn't mean it has a 100% chance to win the super bowl. Of course some cases happen even to people who get the vaccines- that's the difference between 90% and 100%.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Life_and_Death
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
I hope he pulls through ok. Yeah it's strange, very similar thing happened here. All the people here who are sick with it have been fully vaxxed, I'm unvaxxed and totally fine.
Might get some backlash for saying this... but straight up, If you already caught it with no serious symptoms, there's no point getting one. You already have the natural antibodies.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I hope he pulls through ok. Yeah it's strange, very similar thing happened here. All the people here who are sick with it have been fully vaxxed, I'm unvaxxed and totally fine.

Might get some backlash for saying this... but straight up, If you already caught it with no serious symptoms, there's no point getting one. You already have the natural antibodies.
It's definitely proven that you get much more protection from the vaccine than from the antibodies. It's also true that the vaccine provides over 90% protection from serious illness but not 100%- that's what explains cases like this- it's not complicated. The vaccine is not 100% protective. It's basic math- there will be some breakthrough cases.
Once as in one course. Once you are fully vaccinated for polio and develop the necessary antibodies, you are immune. The covid vaccines don't work this way. Don't speak up to me from down there on your high-horse 😄
The reason for this is because covid is a different kind of virus- a coronavirus- which mutates frequently, something like the common cold, but deadly.

Last edited:
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
It's definitely proven that you get much more protection from the vaccine than from the antibodies.
That's simply not true. Quite the opposite actually. https://www.rockefeller.edu/news/30...fferences-in-covid-antibody-responses-emerge/

Natural antibodies are proven to be far superior than vaccine-induced ones. But "experts" say catching covid to get them is more risky than getting the vaxxes.

Even the so-called experts seem to have no idea what they're talking about half the time, so where does that leave you and I? 😅 It's a mad house I tell you!

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
That's simply not true. Quite the opposite actually. https://www.rockefeller.edu/news/30...fferences-in-covid-antibody-responses-emerge/

Natural antibodies are proven to be far superior than vaccine-induced ones. But "experts" say catching covid to get them is more risky than getting the vaxxes.

Even the so-called experts seem to have no idea what they're talking about half the time, so where does that leave you and I? 😅 It's a mad house I tell you!
The CDC did an extensive study that was released in October with data from over 200 hospitals which showed that the vaccine is much more effective in preventing against infection that immunity from previously having the virus:

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
A team of senior physicians, investigators, and professors of laboratory molecular immunology at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the Rockefeller institute, and universities all around the world, published in BioRxiv a peer-reviewed journal, saying one thing...

This news report with hospital data from the CDC saying another... So who's to say which one is right? Yep. It's a mad house!

I respect your POV. It seems we can pretty much use google to find evidence that will support any point of view we want to back up. So respectfully, I'm done with this conversation.

In other news, I'm unvaxxed and I spent two weeks in the same room with a triple-vaccinated, sick, coronavirus carrier- and nothing happened. Not even a sniffle. They should do a scientific study on me.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
A team of senior physicians, investigators, and professors of laboratory molecular immunology at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the Rockefeller institute, and universities all around the world, published in BioRxiv a peer-reviewed journal, saying one thing...

This news report with hospital data from the CDC saying another... So who's to say which one is right? Yep. It's a mad house!

I respect your POV. It seems we can pretty much use google to find evidence that will support any point of view we want to back up. So respectfully, I'm done with this conversation.

In other news, I'm unvaxxed and I spent two weeks in the same room with a triple-vaccinated, sick, coronavirus carrier- and nothing happened. Not even a sniffle. They should do a scientific study on me.
Thanks for being respectful despite differences of opinion. The idea of a study is to see how the virus goes across a population, not just based on one person. Any one person or small number of people can have genetic differences that make them more or less susceptible or even immune to various viruses, illnesses, etc. Some countries that have a lot of terrible diseases such as malaria, etc. that build up general immunity seem to have made these populations much less susceptible to covid. Any individual might have a parent or grandparent that traveled to one of these countries and got one of these illnesses and passed on some genetic immunity that most people don't have. What happens across a population is what determines the best approach to a disease like this is. One big choice about people who don't get vaccinated is that they can catch a case that has no symptoms and then pass it on to someone who is very susceptible and they can die. The following is an imperfect analogy but it makes the point somewhat: if you are in a movie theater and a fire breaks out you can say- it's my individual choice whether to evacuate or not- but your choice affects other people in your row and some may not make it out in time if you choose not to evacuate. The same is true of the vaccine- for people who choose not to get vaccinated they are taking a risk of getting other people sick who may die, it doesn't just affect them.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Being "anti-this-vax" isn´t the same as being "anti-vax" in general. This distinction isn´t made on purpose, because those that refused the injection have to be framed in the worst possible way and all of you just went along with it. No, I am not anti-vax, I´m anti-bullshit. Vaccines that prevent serious diseases make sense, not this one. Covid has always been a mild disease for the overwhelming majority of people so mass vaccination was always nonsensical.

• Informative
Reactions: Élégie, GentleJerk and Feeding Pigeons
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Being "anti-this-vax" isn´t the same as being "anti-vax" in general. This distinction isn´t made on purpose, because those that refused the injection have to be framed in the worst possible way and all of you just went along with it. No, I am not anti-vax, I´m anti-bullshit. Vaccines that prevent serious diseases make sense, not this one. Covid has always been a mild disease for the overwhelming majority of people so mass vaccination was always nonsensical.
We are closing in on a million deaths in the U.S. in a little over two years- this is far from a mild disease- the losses to covid have been and continue to be staggering- that's more than twice as many deaths as the U.S. had in all of WWII.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
No problem, of course we need to have respect for each other, or else theres no point in a dialogue. Aaaaand looks like I'm going to bite again, man just can't help myself!

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky: "Our vaccines are working exceptionally well … but what they can't do is prevent transmission." pic.twitter.com/m7LfrsWDrc

The covid vaccines don't prevent transmission at all. Just saying. This is big for the Director of the CDC to admit in january because there has been a lot of lies and misinformation from the beginning, and the unvaccinated have been treated unfairly. I should know, some people practically want to burn me alive at the stake when they find out I haven't had a jab yet. But the mass-hysteria only makes me more reluctant.

The only thing the covid vaccines are likely to do is reduce the severity of symptoms. The studies I linked prove that the covid vaccines also don't provide protection against new mutations the way natural immunity does. Especially if you're like me and don't seem to get affected by the virus, there's really no point for some people to get those vaccines, and it shouldn't be taboo if they choose not to.

Being "anti-this-vax" isn´t the same as being "anti-vax" in general. This distinction isn´t made on purpose, because those that refused the injection have to be framed in the worst possible way and all of yopu just went along with it. No, I am not anti-vax, I´m anti-bullshit. Vaccines that prevent serious diseases make sense, not this one

I admire your gusto but I fear it might be falling on deaf ears. It's good at least some people seem to understand an unpopular point of view. At this point I'm just feeling like my thread is another couple of wasted hours of my life I will never get back x)

Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Well somebody just fucking won a chicken dinner. Thank you for making the distinction between those two things. People falling for the most blatant manipulation 101 tricks.

Good on you GentleSoul. I don't believe any of the shit the media is saying about covid. Wear your masks, take your vaccines if you please, but don't tell me to. If its your time to die, nothings going to stop it from coming anyway.

Reactions: whatevs
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
there's really no point for some people to get those vaccines, and it shouldn't be taboo if they choose not to.
If a person says it's just a personal choice to not get the vaccine, well this person can transmit the virus to others, who then die. Saying that is something like if you have twenty people in the same boat and one person says- it's my personal choice to start a fire in my part of the boat, other people should only worry about their part of the boat- but that is not correct, fair, or ethical, because this "personal choice" can kill other people in the boat.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
If a person says it's just a personal choice to not get the vaccine, well this person can transmit the virus to others, who then die. Saying that is something like if you have twenty people in the same boat and one person says- it's my personal choice to start a fire in my part of the boat, other people should only worry about their part of the boat- but that is not correct, fair, or ethical, because this "personal choice" can kill other people in the boat.
Again, the vaccines don't prevent the transmission of covid whatsoever. The director of the CDC admitted this in january https://t.co/m7LfrsWDrc as I already mentioned and you ignored it. You used a statement from the CDC to back your claims, but when the CDC says something that goes against your narrative, you conveniently ignore it and keep talking about fires in boats and movie theaters. Why?

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Again, the vaccines don't prevent the transmission of covid whatsoever. The director of the CDC admitted this in january https://t.co/m7LfrsWDrc as I already mentioned and you ignored it. You used a statement from the CDC to back your claims, but when the CDC says something that goes against your narrative, you conveniently ignore it and keep talking about fires in boats and movie theaters. Why?
According to the CDC: "Evidence suggests the U.S. COVID-19 vaccination program has substantially reduced the burden of disease in the United States by preventing serious illness in fully vaccinated people and interrupting chains of transmission." So the vaccines do lessen transmission of the virus, though they do not eliminate it, according to the CDC.

Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Covid was never interesting.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Covid was never interesting.
If someone you care about dies or someone you care about gets "long coved" where they can barely function and can't work any more and suffer all the time, barely able to walk, then it becomes interesting.

Reactions: Crazy4u
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
If someone you care about dies or someone you care about gets "long coved" where they can barely function and can't work any more and suffer all the time, barely able to walk, then it becomes interesting.
I don't associate with the elderly, overweight, or those with heart/lung problems.

Reactions: Shu