J

jolly_well_fed_up

Jul 26, 2019
Hello,

I'm fairly new to the forum and English is not my first language so I hope you can forgive any language mistakes.

However, I've read through many threads here as a guest before asking for registration. Thanks again to the admins for letting me join.

Now what I would be interested to know is what would be more important for persons wanting to ctb - is it to die,
1) quick & safe, or
2) painless & safe?

I'm asking this in regards to,
a) the method to chose and
b) fears arising and holding back.

I mean much points in the direction of painless & safe, which seems to be supported by most(?) opting for N for their "travel" (independendly from how easy or fast it would be to obtain N).

On the other hand there are so many who would go for the EB with inert gas. Surely much of this choice would stem from an inaccessability to N.

The easiness to overcome the SI seems not to be a main point because I think the SI is not easier to overcome given N or e.g. the EB/gas method or hanging.

So if it is the wish to go painless & safe while sleeping no matter if it takes a bit longer (e.g. 1-2 hours), then e.g. a travel to (and climbing up) a high mountain would do as well for most(?) Or the inert gas method, which does not necessarily require an EB around one's head, which so many (understandably) hesitate to use.

But so many opting for the EB seems to indicate that quick & safe may be more important than painless & safe?

I know that quick & painless & safe would be the optimum but I'm afraid there would only be 2 options fulfilling all 3 points, which I'd consider to be hanging from high enough to "lose one's head" and/or an overdose of H.

Otherwise, a 20 liters (regulated) tank of inert gas + a cosmonaut-like full-body dress (including a fully closeable hood) or a fully closable body-sized bag (both made of airtight material e.g. plastic) should do very well? Such method and "surrounding" would,
a) not ring the hypercapnic alarm (because CO2 has enough space around to escape to),
b) grant painlessness (given the material is airtight + O2 can be pushed out through a gap/hole by the steady gas stream + the inert gas is pure),
c) grant a safe "travel" because 20 liters should be enough to prevent a return.

This method would just not be as quick as an EB around one's head but if quick is not necessarily the most important criterium, then this dress- or the body-sized bag method would be my 2nd choice after N.

Please let me know your thoughts if you wish.

This information for educational purpose only.

Thank you!

Last edited:
T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
Seems like a solid plan to me. Would you take drugs/alcohol to help SI beforehand?
I'd go quick over painless but both sound appealing

Last edited:
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It's a good question. It's a gun or N to me for which is the best method. A gun is violent but so quick I hopefully wouldn't know about it. N whilst physically peaceful I don't know how long it takes and having time for regret when there's nothing you can do about it sounds anything but peaceful

J

jolly_well_fed_up

Jul 26, 2019
Seems like a solid plan to me. Would you take drugs/alcohol to help SI beforehand?
I'd go quick over painless but both sound appealing

Hello Thanatos,

Thank you for your reply and valuable and appreciated input!

I'm not exactly sure if or how much alcohol could interfere with the absorbtion, speediness and effect of an inert gas. I'd tend to say try to avoid it. I'd consider it more helpful to not sleep before as long as possible. Sleeping is an unavoidable necessity, and sleep-deprived long enough, any SI wouldn't have any chance anymore.

It's a good question. It's a gun or N to me for which is the best method. A gun is violent but so quick I hopefully wouldn't know about it. N whilst physically peaceful I don't know how long it takes and having time for regret when there's nothing you can do about it sounds anything but peaceful

Hello Mr2005,

I consider your input very right/correct.

And you see, there's still that darn uncertainty, even with a gun. Quick yes, but there have been cases which went terribly wrong ... even with a (super quick) gun.

An "N-travel" for 1 or 2 hours is indeed a longer one, and even if from let's say 25% of that "way" on one would not realise about anything anymore, there are supposedly faster and actually as safe methods to "travel", e.g. hanging from high enough to "lose one's head".

And yes, the feeling that one cannot make N undone can cause panic as well, which is not exactly peaceful. As well as too much time for/of regret can be emotionally painful. You are right with both.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thanatos