S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Found an interesting site of all the reports from the Sunshine Skyway Bridge of jumpers and suicidals. The number of suicides have dropped ever since they put a fence up, but a 73 year old man scaled the fence and jumped. A young man also scaled the fence, jumped and survived the 191 ft drop. Two others were talked down by police and carted off to jail. That was just all this year. There's a log file of all preceding years that make it an interesting read, even those who survived the jump have left their experiences on the site. Enjoy!

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Foresight and 4 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Nooo... My eyes... That website was probably developed solely with bare HTML and minimum CSS applied very poorly. What a grave crime against the Gods of Programming... What a heinous act.

• Yay!
Reactions: Joey, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, waitingforrest and 6 others
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Nooo... My eyes... That website was probably developed solely with bare HTML and minimum CSS applied very poorly. What a grave crime against the Gods of Programming... What a heinous act.
Seriously, what a brutal site! Only thing missing were those blinky things they had everywhere in the 90s!
As for jumping, no thanks. I've always had the fear that, half way down, folks realize they've made a serious mistake, and spend the next seconds in abject terror before going splat…

Reactions: MelancholyMagic and whatevs
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Just makes me want to
Family Guy Abandon Thread GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Ringo, Al Cappella and 2 others
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
spend the next seconds in abject terror before going splat…
According to the site, it's only about 3.5 seconds until you go splat into the water at 75 mph. The issue is that many (most?) are still alive when this happens. They either drown or get fished out and are disabled for life. That's why jumping is a no-no for me.

Reactions: Al Cappella
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I love shitty websites like this. I always find the best info for strange or obscure subjects. If I click on a site and it looks like this I know I'm in a good spot.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Ringo and Al Cappella
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Has a very 90s core geocities angelfire wix aesthetic to it, from the eye blinding color schemes to the papyrus font. It looks like it belongs to the era of ASH, considering they don't really spare any details.

Dunno what's more haunting about the comments and snippets of news you can read under each year, the cold, clinical dispatch language of DECEASED FOUND or the images of cops manhandling those who failed to jump, who may surely endure more hell when they are sent to defacto psych prisons in a moment of vunerability.

Kinda odd too that the admins of that site seem to like to gawk at jumpers and post platitudes like life is always worth living and you're responsible for your own wellbeing, or calling those who passed on selfish and irresponsible.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Foresight and Salvation_
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Interesting site. The bickering and speculation is pretty tacky, along with the "install teh net already!" crowd. Amazing how clueless some people are.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Interesting site. The bickering and speculation is pretty tacky, along with the "install teh net already!" crowd. Amazing how clueless some people are.
Makes me wonder what their motivation is for opening such a site in the first place

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up and Foresight