• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
one of the things they quoted was her fear, but who isnt scared??? that doesnt change the fact that this life is just too difficult for people. maybe they should do a little bit of reading about survival instinct, something all of us struggle with. the exact same thing that she struggled with. but that doesnt change our want/need to die. we ourselves are suicidal, we arent encouraging anything, were comforting, they should learn the difference

softfuzzyman

softfuzzyman

Rot
Aug 17, 2020
It's always fun how these types of stores focus on how dreadful it is that people on the internet could dare to... have empathy? And understand someone's feelings? While not at all acknowledging what the person was actually going through and how much pain they were in. It's pretty ironic and telling of the world we live in. Refuse to actually acknowledge and validate the pain suicidal people are in because that might make you feel bad, so instead, just come up with other things to blame. Like people who actually understand and validate that pain because they're in the same pain.

Edit: oof im actually reading it and the fact that she worked at a****n. Sounds about right. That's where i work and yeah sounds aboooouuuut right.

Last edited:
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I saw that and was going to post it but I don't want to be targeted. I don't know who she was maybe someone who knew her here can DM her profile so I can see her side of things.
Btw maybe my memory is failing but did they erase the comments of that article?

Reactions: TooConscious
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
One sided Sun article on SS.
Whelp, I can honestly say, sorry for her pain (mom).

BUT, how didn't you know if you were in the "next room?"

& as cruel as this may sound: oh yes, let me not put parental blocks on my child's computer, then blame the internet for what they find. SMH.

sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020
Is this recent?? Just read it. Here we go again! At least they didn't post pictures of our avatars this time unlike the others.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Lets get the hypocrisy of this right.
The sun does an article which says that SS is preying on vulnerable often younger people.
The sun also uses eric lane as one of the victims. Eric lane was absolutely horrified by what came up on his search engine.
Eric was 67 years old when he lost his 30 year old fiancee (who looked physically vulnerable imo)
Maybe ss isnt the only one taking advantage of vulnerable people hey sun newspaper, maybe read your own article again and re examine your own values ?

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I saw that and was going to post it but I don't want to be targeted. I don't know who she was maybe someone who knew her here can DM her profile so I can see her side of things.
Btw maybe my memory is failing but did they erase the comments of that article?

her profile is not available, but you can see some of her posts still but her main goodbye thread was removed,

xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
A bit rich coming from The Sun who are probably responsible for countless people's mental health difficulties and ctb, Freddie Flintoff(suffers with bulimia triggered by The Sun fat shaming him), and Caroline Flack, for example

People always wanna attack forums like this but don't wanna acknowledge or address what actually leads people like us to such forums. It's easier to pretend suicide itself is the problem than actually try to address the wider issue and ask ourselves WHY people join ctb forums or decide to take their own lives in the first place.

Incredibly frustrating.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24006

Nov 20, 2020
Did anyone hear the statement the sister of one of the guys that CTB'd made 1:50 into the video at the bottom of the website? She said "as a family, who are we to try and keep him here ....." Bet none of the pro-lifers want to acknowledge this kind of truthful statement.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
SS 'boasts' 15,000 members? I'm sure that we would rather not one of us needed to be on a suicide forum, but that all of us were feeling peaceful and happy. In the real world....
Also, Shawn Shatto had crippling anxiety, couldn't leave the house and was deteriorating. Poor woman, may she rest in peace.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Interesting the way in which the authors/editors used the words "bullied" and "suicide forum" in one sentence, in the headline. Does anyone what kind of manipulation such articles are engaging in? I'm noticing the patterns, and I think there should be more specific names for the tactics they use.

Like how the article authors have presented Shawn's words at the beginning. "Just took it. I'm terrified." As if she has no idea what she is doing, or why she is doing it. And "instead of urging to seek help" gives an impression that suicide is never an option, that a person shouldn't take one's own life for the purposes of cutting personal losses (unbearable suffering in life) and that official medical treatment is always a better alternative.

All this usage of emotive language, apparently used to invoke certain kind emotional responses and incite certain kind of attitudes and behaviors, all this make me interested in studying linguistics, rhetoric, or whatever would make this language more understandable not just on intuitive level, but on rational too, so that it could be put in precise words.

M

mikenoir

To cheer upon death: to see life as more beautiful
Nov 3, 2020
Interesting the way in which the authors/editors used the words "bullied" and "suicide forum" in one sentence, in the headline. Does anyone what kind of manipulation such articles are engaging in? I'm noticing the patterns, and I think there should be more specific names for the tactics they use.

Like how the article authors have presented Shawn's words at the beginning. "Just took it. I'm terrified." As if she has no idea what she is doing, or why she is doing it. And "instead of urging to seek help" gives an impression that suicide is never an option, that a person shouldn't take one's own life for the purposes of cutting personal losses (unbearable suffering in life) and that official medical treatment is always a better alternative.

All this usage of emotive language, apparently used to invoke certain kind emotional responses and incite certain kind of attitudes and behaviors, all this make me interested in studying linguistics, rhetoric, or whatever would make this language more understandable not just on intuitive level, but on rational too, so that it could be put in precise words.
I believe the technical term is "Bullshit".

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Getting tired of this BS making suicidal people look like the worst scum of the world. What kind of hypocritical garbage is this?

Therefore the agenda they're trying to prevent is worsened further with unhelpful articles like the one posted above. What are they trying to say? That if we talk about our suicidal urges, we're considered evil and predatory? Oh and don't forget all the other buzzwords that's been levied on us before such as "attention-seeking" and "manipulative". These articles only further drive people into the hole. Good job Sophie Jane Evans of TheSun.

J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
It's insulting we are referred to as "vulnerable" as if we can't think or make decisions for ourselves and all telling in the quote "strangers are actually wishing them a peaceful death". In my short time here, the members on this site don't seem like strangers, but instead caring, thoughtful, sensitive people that I can relate to - -- terrible article.