• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K-β

K-β

endlessly roaming across cyberspace
Mar 12, 2024
i only began to engage in sh recently so i have very few scars but i don't see myself stopping any time soon, and as summer approaches i am relentlessly afraid that they're going to go too far down my arms for me to hide them from people who will try and moralize to me about what i'm doing or try to """""help""""" me. it's honestly one of the only things motivating me to go clean and not do it anymore because i do not want to have to deal with that.

juneberry1234

juneberry1234

Dec 10, 2023
I don't have too much experience on this matter but when I was younger and doing sh I just blamed it on my cat. I'm honestly surprised by mother and step-dad didn't ask further as it was really bad and my entire left arm was bleeding for months. I was left with some nasty scars and when time came where I couldn't wear long sleeves or sweatshirts I tried to hide the scars as best I could. Even now, 6 years after some crazy sh I have some gnarly scars but it doesn't bother me much and they aren't too visible at first notice. Anyways, after a few months they should fade and get better, so I would say if it really concerns you then stop sh on visible areas and start at areas that are hidden such as the inner thigh. That's what I started doing and it still takes my mind off mental pain. I hope this helped.

• Love
Reactions: K-β
Upvote 0
K-β

K-β

Mar 12, 2024
I don't have too much experience on this matter but when I was younger and doing sh I just blamed it on my cat. I'm honestly surprised by mother and step-dad didn't ask further as it was really bad and my entire left arm was bleeding for months. I was left with some nasty scars and when time came where I couldn't wear long sleeves or sweatshirts I tried to hide the scars as best I could. Even now, 6 years after some crazy sh I have some gnarly scars but it doesn't bother me much and they aren't too visible at first notice. Anyways, after a few months they should fade and get better, so I would say if it really concerns you then stop sh on visible areas and start at areas that are hidden such as the inner thigh. That's what I started doing and it still takes my mind off mental pain. I hope this helped.
yeah i have noticed the fading, and i'm avoiding my wrists for the reasons you've stated. the cat suggestion is a good idea, particularly considering i am fostering a cat who is very feisty. as for the inner thigh suggestion, i would do that but i have separate issues with that portion of my body which would make it nightmarish to do that. overall thank you though, i appreciate this advice a lot.

Upvote 0
cantthinkofusername

cantthinkofusername

wannabe girl
Feb 25, 2024
covering up scars can be rlly annoying sometimes

if u want like outfit inspo u ccould check out r/styrofashion

Reactions: kilowatt and K-β
Upvote 0
GreenGlassDoor

GreenGlassDoor

life is but a dream
Oct 25, 2023
Ive found wearing bracelets helps. Ive also started to cut on my inner ankle to I can cover it with socks, and I find it to be pretty unnoticeable, but that may not be the case. Wish you the best!

• Love
Upvote 0
Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
The scars on my wrist are hidden by my watch strap. I wore long sleeve shirts for years to hide the scars on my upper arms but moved to a different area a few years ago and decided that I didn't care what strangers thought, so I went back to wearing normal t-shirts. Not once has anybody commented on the scars that peek out below the hemline and I've not noticed anybody staring. I read years ago that it's about your attitude and body language if scars are exposed: too bold or anxious, as though your trying to show them off or make them invisible, and people intervene but if you come across as though they don't exist, others will follow your lead. I don't know if that's true but I've watched many other people with their scars exposed and it seems to fit.

• Love
Upvote 0
FujoshiNeet

FujoshiNeet

people call me unhinged
Jan 21, 2024
Ugh. My scars are large keloids and still impact the way I dress even though they are years old. If I wear shorts, I have to wear some tights like fishnets, even in 90-degree weather. I can't wear most female t-shirts cuz the sleeves are too short. Sometimes I get away with it though by covering my arms in large bandaids if I really like a shirt. Even my bathing suit has fucking sleeves on it. I regret cutting sm on my upper arms and thighs.

• Hugs
Upvote 0
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
get some athletic sleeves if people looking bothers you. I have some that are the same kind of material as the Nike "dri-fit" shirts. it wicks sweat away to evaporate it and cools your arms as an added benefit to hiding your scars. they make them in lengths long enough to go from armpit to wrist.

I wear mine to work a lot, since I work a physically demanding job in a poorly climate controlled building. they were like 11 dollars a pair, but they've lasted me two years already and I probably could've found some cheaper if I tried.

Upvote 0
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Best is to cut your thighs. It s the easiest to hide.

Upvote 0
voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
I've stopped caring, but I can still recall when I did.
I switched to cutting my stomach or ankle when I didn't want anyone to see them, or upper inner thigh.
As for practical tips: as others have mentioned there's a subreddit that focuses on SH cover-up outfits, which should be very helpful. Then depending on the location there's tattoo sleeves, bracelets, sweat bands and so on. They also fade over time, not completely unnoticeable but yeah. Keloids will still be visible and bumpy, tho.

• Love
Upvote 0
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
I too have cuts especially on my legs to the point that I had to have the wounds stitched up. I wear pants but I really don't mind wearing shorts too much. Strangely I feel that the cuts on my body look nice.

• Love
Upvote 0
K-β

K-β

Mar 12, 2024
I too have cuts especially on my legs to the point that I had to have the wounds stitched up. I wear pants but I really don't mind wearing shorts too much. Strangely I feel that the cuts on my body look nice.
i also tend to like to be look of the cuts. the issue for me is other people.

Upvote 0
Miku _fanboy101

Miku _fanboy101

Rahhhh
Oct 23, 2023
i only began to engage in sh recently so i have very few scars but i don't see myself stopping any time soon, and as summer approaches i am relentlessly afraid that they're going to go too far down my arms for me to hide them from people who will try and moralize to me about what i'm doing or try to """""help""""" me. it's honestly one of the only things motivating me to go clean and not do it anymore because i do not want to have to deal with that.
Been doing sh for many many years and let me tell you the summer is not fun but it's gonna be okay. Try wearing fishnet underneath your shirts/pants to help hide them without over heating

• Love
Reactions: voidstar and K-β
Upvote 0
justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
Been doing sh for many many years and let me tell you the summer is not fun but it's gonna be okay. Try wearing fishnet underneath your shirts/pants to help hide them without over heating
How didnt i think of this before, i already dress emo lol. Thanks!

Upvote 0