• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
This thread will probably not take off but I'm gonna try anyways.

Post your best suicide quotes whether it's from philosophers, writers or even yourself

I'll start:

"The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night." Friedrich Nietzsche

restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
"He hoped they would forgive him; he hoped they would see that this was his apology to them. He was releasing them—he loved them most of all, and this was you did for people you loved: you gave them their freedom."

- Hanya Yanagihara, A Little Life

Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019

Richard Cory

BY EDWIN ARLINGTON ROBINSON
Whenever Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.

And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.

And he was rich—yes, richer than a king—
And admirably schooled in every grace:
In fine, we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in his place.

So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head.

Edit:

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
"Suicide only really frightens those who are never tempted by it and never will be, for its darkness only welcomes those who are predestined to it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited:
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022

Richard Cory

BY EDWIN ARLINGTON ROBINSON
Whenever Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.

And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.

And he was rich—yes, richer than a king—
And admirably schooled in every grace:
In fine, we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in his place.

So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head.

Edit:

wow great find i love this band

iloveduster

iloveduster

Jan 21, 2024
"Don't think for a minute that your friends will telephone you every evening as they ought to, in order to find out if this doesn't happen to be the evening when you are deciding to commit suicide, or simply whether you don't need company, whether you are not in a mood to go out. No, don't worry, they'll ring up the evening you are not alone, when life is beautiful. As for suicide, they would be more likely to push you to it, by virtue of what you owe to yourself, according to them." Albert Camus, The Fall

dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
"My own understanding is that people who commit suicide are the most sensitive people in the world, very intelligent.
Because of their sensitivity, because of their intelligence, they find it difficult to cope with this neurotic world.

In this neurotic world, if you are sane, sensitive, intelligent, either you have to go mad, or you have to commit suicide –
or you have to become a
sannyasin, a meditator, a seeker. What else is there?

People commit suicide because they are feeling stuck and they don't see any way out.

Intelligence means seeing deeply into things. Has your life any point? Has your life any joy? Has your life any poetry in it?
Has your life any creativity in it? Do you feel grateful that you are here? Do you feel grateful that you were born?
Can you thank existence? Can you say with your whole heart that it is a blessing?

It is a very, very natural idea when you are intelligent. Intelligent people commit suicide.
And those who are even more intelligent than the intelligent people take
sannyas.
They start creating a meaning, they start creating a significance, they start living. Why miss this opportunity?

He who has so confronted his death is stabbed awake thereby. He perceives himself now as an individual distinct from the mass,
and is prepared to take over responsibility for his own life. In this way, we decide for authentic against inauthentic existence.
We emerge from the mass and become ourselves at last.

Remember, I am not saying that you should go and commit suicide. I am saying that your life, as it is, is leading you towards suicide. Change it.
And contemplate death. It can come any moment, so don't think that it is morbid to think about death.

Suffering is created by ideas which don't go with reality; bliss is created when you have ideas which go with reality.
Bliss is a coherence between you and the truth; suffering is a dichotomy, a division between you and the truth.
When you are not moving with truth you are in hell; when you are moving with truth you are in heaven – that's all.
And that is the whole thing to be understood."

—Osho, Next Time You Feel Suicidal

iloveduster

iloveduster

Jan 21, 2024
"It's no use. I'm going.
I cannot think of the slightest reason why I should have to go on living.
Only those who wish to go on living should.
Just as a man has the right to live, he ought also have the right to die.
There is nothing new in what I am thinking: it is simply that people have the most inexplicable aversion to this obvious-not to say primitive-idea and refuse to come out with it plainly.
Those who wish to go on living can always manage to survive whatever obstacles there may be. That is splendid of them, and I daresay that what people call the glory of mankind is comprised of such a thing. But I am convinced that dying is not a sin.
It is painful for the plant which is myself to live in the atmosphere and light of this world. Somewhere an element is lacking which would permit me to continue. I am wanting. It has been all I could do to stay alive up to now." Dazai Osamu, The Setting Sun

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
"There comes a time when you look into the mirror and you realize that what you see is all that you will ever be. And then you accept it. Or you kill yourself. Or you stop looking in mirrors."

J. Michael Straczynski

"I am constantly torn between killing myself and killing everyone around me."
David Levithan

Last edited:
clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
"I stare into a thin, web-like crack above the urinal's handle and think to myself that if I were to disappear into that crack, say somehow miniaturize and slip into it, the odds are good that no one would notice I was gone. No... one... would... care. In fact some, if they noticed my absence, might feel an odd, indefinable sense of relief. This is true: the world is better off with some people gone. Our lives are not all interconnected. That theory is crock. Some people truly do not need to be here."

-Bret Easton Ellis, American Psycho

For a fictional book about a serial killer there's some amazing quotes in here. I'd highly recommend

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Does anyone know Latin language here can help me?

I tried to translate "suicide, the secret way to pleasure" and it turns "suicidium, arcanum in volupta via" from google translator, is there any grammar error or something? TIA

Reactions: sserafim
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Do ya noose hang low
Do ya wobble to and fro
Did ya tie it in a knot
Are ya hanging there to rot
Do ya noose hang low......
😉😁😉😁😉😁😉😁😉😁