B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Absolutely can make that argument. And they are doing things. They're working to remove access to SN for certain. Can't do much about the guns as there is no political appetite for that, at least in Congress. They started a hotline. Not sure how effective that is. There are stories galore on news channels, almost every day, discussing the "mental health crisis" in order to get a conversation started. There are PSAs, too, airing just about every day. I don't know how someone waves a magic wand and makes someone's life better in quick fashion. I don't think they know either.
Shouldn't the issue people are feeling that way to begin with? If people feel that way it is already too late. I'm not sure the suffering is really calculated in? People are in a place where they don't want to be alive and they are like the best we can do is make it harder to not die. Not mind you fixing the issues.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Prime0 and Archness
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Shouldn't the issue people are feeling that way to begin with? If people feel that way it is already too late. I'm not sure the suffering is really calculated in? People are in a place where they don't want to be alive and they are like the best we can do is make it harder to not die. Not mind you fixing the issues.
I don't think there are fixes for everything that comprises the "human condition". I think they all know that.
I'm back to this.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Deleted member 65988
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I'm back to this.
I mean this is sort of correct but mostly not. For instance let's say loneliness has heavy contribution towards suicide. How about government initiatives to foster more communities, more friendships, etc.... And by God how about we cool it with the divisive politics for a while.... Frankly let's say it reduces suicide attempts by 3/4 and suicides by half.... That would seem to me to save a lot in terms of healthcare expenses...

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
And by God how about we cool it with the divisive politics for a while
I think that's mostly the people...............and I thing people are dug in for good. Don't think that's gonna change. If people are so inclined, there's plenty of community programs and activities out there. I don't feel it's government responsibility to foster friendships and such. They can't even take care of properly what they're supposed to be taking care of. I don't think the government is the answer to all of societies ills.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I think that's mostly the people...............and I thing people are dug in for good. Don't think that's gonna change. If people are so inclined, there's plenty of community programs and activities out there. I don't feel it's government responsibility to foster friendships and such. They can't even take care of properly what they're supposed to be taking care of. I don't think the government is the answer to all of societies ills.
I mean I am not sure how you address it via private business.

day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
As time goes on the world has gotten worse and worse. Everyone is in discord with one another as if it's a war on views and the support for marginalized people is rocky at best. We're in a world of greed and suffering so I'm not surprised the numbers are higher. I couldn't imagine actually wanting to exist in such a futile and grotesque world. I can't wait till my bus arrives.

• Love
Reactions: losing hope, Archness, Lumina and 5 others
Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
That number will probably continue to rise with inflation. It's cheaper to die than get squeezed for every penny in this world. My rent just went up $300 this year and my pay didn't rise to match that and other cost of living increases.

Reactions: Archness, not-2-b-the-answer, Prime0 and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
And half of them (55%, that's 26'993 people) are firearms according to this source.

View attachment 117907

Again, the most accessable and lethal method that's out there and it doesn't nearly get the same backlash as an obscure salt. In fact they're trying to make SN more inaccessable now than firearms and that tells you everything you need to know about the sincerity and authencity of their outrage about these high suicide numbers. They don't care, as long as you die without dignity, painfully and brutally and that's the firefarm method for you. But if there is a method out there, that allows you to die somewhat comfortable and peacefully, they immediately want to get it banned.

But sure, let's fear monger about SN (as one of the most popular suicide methods ever, which I've debunked thoroughly and I can't wait to add the new numbers to my thread as soon as they're published) despite the fact that it's an unknown niche method and of course let's fear monger even more about this forum, right? Let me clue you into something: you don't need a tutorial on how to end your life with a gun. That's the easiest method ever in terms of accessability and practicability and, drum roll, it's socially accepted too. Nobody cares if you commit suicide with a firearm.

So maybe next time - and that's to all the journalists out there that pretend to care so much about suicide - instead of demonizing this forum and the community that depends so much on it, put that effort into going after the NRA instead and try to change some laws. But I guess that's not as easy as trashing a tiny forum like ours, eh? Always punching down, that's the best journalism.

I did wonder how many would be through firearms. I guess I wonder what would happen if every country allowed the same access to them. I'm UK based- so, guns are much more difficult to get hold of.

I guess that doesn't account for the rise in suicides though- guns were available before. I think it's what everyone else is saying though- financial difficulties, isolation. I wonder how the statistics will compare to worldwide figures.

D

Deleted member 65988

And half of them (55%, that's 26'993 people) are firearms according to this source.

View attachment 117907

Again, the most accessable and lethal method that's out there and it doesn't nearly get the same backlash as an obscure salt. In fact they're trying to make SN more inaccessable now than firearms and that tells you everything you need to know about the sincerity and authencity of their outrage about these high suicide numbers. They don't care, as long as you die without dignity, painfully and brutally and that's the firefarm method for you. But if there is a method out there, that allows you to die somewhat comfortable and peacefully, they immediately want to get it banned.

But sure, let's fear monger about SN (as one of the most popular suicide methods ever, which I've debunked thoroughly and I can't wait to add the new numbers to my thread as soon as they're published) despite the fact that it's an unknown niche method and of course let's fear monger even more about this forum, right? Let me clue you into something: you don't need a tutorial on how to end your life with a gun. That's the easiest method ever in terms of accessability and practicability and, drum roll, it's socially accepted too. Nobody cares if you commit suicide with a firearm.

So maybe next time - and that's to all the journalists out there that pretend to care so much about suicide - instead of demonizing this forum and the community that depends so much on it, put that effort into going after the NRA instead and try to change some laws. But I guess that's not as easy as trashing a tiny forum like ours, eh? Always punching down, that's the best journalism.
So very true, I guess its easier to attack a known chemical salt than actually take on a massive problem like guns in the US. Crazy how it's even gotten to a point where its socially accepted although it's seen in movies a lot so I guess that's why people accepting of it.

SN is still a relatively unknown method, it's incredibly rare even if we are well aware of it and discussions have taken place on this forum about over the years.
As time goes on the world has gotten worse and worse. Everyone is in discord with one another as if it's a war on views and the support for marginalized people is rocky at best. We're in a world of greed and suffering so I'm not surprised the numbers are higher. I couldn't imagine actually wanting to exist in such a futile and grotesque world. I can't wait till my bus arrives.
Neither can I, violence and corruption is just the order of the day now instead of actually focusing on any of the problems that lead to people taking such a step themselves. People want to exist in though because many are pre-disposed to accepting it as what it is, finding some solace in the few positive aspects of life while others claim its all part of the plan of a God that will serve some greater good at the end of the day. The World is getting worse and worse and the rate of how fast its happening is frightening.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and locked*n*loaded
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
A new Suicide# ... That will fix EVERYTHING !!!
So if I text #6969 can I get laid??? šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‚šŸ˜

• Yay!
Reactions: KarmaBus and Tobacco
RainLover

RainLover

Just another one
Aug 9, 2023

View attachment 117907

Finally firearms are protecting people (from living in this hellish world)

• Yay!
Reactions: Archness, floralheaddress, RainAndSadness and 2 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Not surprising mental health doesnt matter in this country we are treated as pariahas its disgusting there is no help i too live in the us

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I envy those who are gone, they are the true fortunate ones to me as they managed to prevent all future suffering, I always feel so envious when I hear of people leaving this world. And I'm not surprised as those in the US have access to firearms, even know it's not my most ideal method I still think those who have that as an option are fortunate as existence really is something so terrible and harmful.

• Love
CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
We live in difficult, unforgiving times. Even if by some miracle we were to witness major economic; cultural; societal, in its structures; repair, we would still likely be facing a lost generation. For a significant portion of us zoomers raised with irritable roomates for a parent and endless screentime, devoid of any skills and mentally warped from early exposure to grotesque crevices of the internet, we are largely unsalvagable. Missed milestones can't be corrected at later dates.

TheBroken

TheBroken

What Really Matters Anymore?
Feb 13, 2022
Numbers will rise every year - times are tough and now it's not just the old who are becoming of no value but also the over 40 or over 50 people. The world and corporations just want young consumers they can use up making products, providing services, and buying things (consumerism). If you aren't doing any of these things you have no profit value - likely just incurring medical costs and using other services - so society and companies feel it would be best that such people die soon.