• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
The media found another topic to talk about. They have once again covered SN, raising the alarm about a "disturbing trend". There have also been some scientific papers[1][2] reporting about SN suicides.

I'm not gonna address the reason why SN is appealing as a suicide method in this thread. That's something that's often left out in these articles, which are written from a natalist perspective. It would be very important to talk about the reason why SN is a preferred suicide method because it helps us understand why it's happening. And sadly, all articles that talk about any methods brush aside the fact that suicide can be a valid choice. That's an uncomfortable thought so let's rather raise the alarm that people decide to exercise their right to die. We don't want people to think too much about the ethics of suicide after all....
I'm just gonna say one thing though: considering SN is one of the more peaceful methods out there, it's not surprising that people decide to go with SN over other methods and you know, people wouldn't need to use that substance to exercise their right to die in the first place if we gave people the option to leave peacefully - we call it assisted suicide in Switzerland, something that's outlawed in almost all(!) countries on this planet, including the US. Maybe we shouldn't treat the right to die as a taboo subject and change the current laws and actually give people some autonomy over their own lives, how about that? If we treated humans with respect and dignity and valued their individual autonomy, they wouldn't feel the need to use that chemical in the first place to escape their pain and quite honestly, we would be one step closer to a better world. Just some food for thought.

But as I said, I don't want to talk about the ethics of suicide in this thread. I want to address the fear mongering instead because one of the articles talked about numbers. Let me quote.

47 suicides in the US between 2015 und 2020 and 28 in Canada between 1980 and 2020. That seems to be the total numbers of people that exercised their right to die with SN. Just to make that clear, the US media is fear mongering about a few dozen suicides that occured in a time span of years. Now, they put these numbers into such graphs to make it look scary and out of control - until you notice the scope of these numbers. They're atually low.

SN debunk1

So I'm gonna do what these news articles failed to do: putting these numbers into context. What do 47 SN suicides mean? How does it compare to other accessable suicides methods? I decided to compare these numbers with gun suicides, the most popular suicide method in the US and a method that remains easily accessable, despite the fact that every year, over 20'000 people commit suicide with guns in the US alone and nobody seems to care.

I took all gun suicides from 2020, which is 24'292 and put them next to the SN deaths, which is 47. I thought visualising the fear mongering of the media would speak louder than words. In this image, one pixel height is one dead person, you can donwload the image and zoom in, it's one pixel per person and if you add them all up, it's 24'292 pixels stacked on the black tower for the amount of gun suicides and 47 pixels stacked on the red tower for the amount of SN suicides. I used more width to make the red line visible, otherwise you wouldn't even see it...

8d3a96ccb5b0168f445c95dea298350735443475.png

In total 45'979 people committed suicide in 2020. 47 people used SN and that's the reaction of the media. And we're talking about attempts to restrict sales through legislation, alright. That's how far it goes. It creates headlines about an "emerging trend", obviously mentioning this forum and calls to restrict the sale of SN. But over 20'000 gun suicides don't cause the same reaction and that's been going on for decades. Even worse, according to the CDC, over 5'500(!) people commit suicide with poisoning each year (SN excluded) and they don't get such alarmist headlines either - none of these substances that are used. SN which made 1% of all poisoning suicides in the year 2020 does. Do you understand my point? Americans don't really care about suicide. No, if people pick peaceful methods, that's definitely concerning and that creates panic and outrage and that's the whole point. This peaceful method received too much popularity. And we can't let people have too much dignity if they want to commit suicide, right? All the other methods out there which end up in violent, brutal and graphic suicides seem rather dismissable compared to SN and that's my problem. They always go for the peaceful methods first because they want to make it as though as possible for us to exercise our individual autonomy and if we decide to go through with it, they want us to suffer.

You could create this graph with any other method, it wouldn't look that much different. So if you ever stumble upon an article again, fear mongering about SN and some dangerous trend, just think about the fact that it's a tiny little percentage of all suicide methods. And unlike guns it's a rather peaceful method too, so maybe it's not that bad when people pick SN over guns... or hanging or trains... just from a harm reduction perspective, you know. But one thing is certain, society doesn't want to give people the option to pass away peacefully and that's why they'd rather go after SN than any other method. And that's why this substance in particular receives so much backlash at the moment.

Attachments

• 8d3a96ccb5b0168f445c95dea298350735443475.png
    847.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
πŸ‘

πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘ƒπŸ‘οΈ

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
Yeah but looking from their perspective you can't just order a gun online at any age.

Reactions: Jadzia and jodes2
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
As a statistician by hobby, I hate how they misuse and misrepresent stats. Another way they love to misuse them is leaving our "per capita"/"per X people/things" and focusing on flat numbers. Thanks for taking the time to make this @RainAndSadness.
Yeah but looking from their perspective you can't just order a gun online at any age.
Yeah, their perspective is always going to be flawed, it's harder to change the way people think. We can always try.

It'd be harder outside US etc. It's not the point though, SN isn't even the main cause of poisioning, nor the main method of suicide. It's a tiny percentage compared to others. Yet they go after it because its relatively peaceful and makes a nice headline. Firearms are not a particularly pleasant or dignified way to go, in fact they're inherently more dangerous to others too, but this is conveniently overlooked in order to reduce our autonomy and restrict us to far from peaceful and painless methods.

If they're worried about people under 18 ctb, then they should focus on making things for them better instead.

Last edited:
theresonlyonewayout

theresonlyonewayout

Student
Jan 31, 2021
It's rather bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted tho right? Those that have it, have it already and have gone or lurk on the fringes waiting to go. Those that don't face an increasingly difficult battle to find and acquire it. Impossible even.

So pat on the back authorities clap clap, well done - back to more painful methods often completed in public.

Some animals may have been harmed during the filming of this…

And whilst I'm here, a little rant if you will indulge me. We talk about talking about suicide but nobody wants to hear - NOBODY. Not even MH 'professionals'. Also, upon reading an article about SN deaths, it talked about 'the nefarious use' of SN. The definition of nefarious = wicked or criminal. So we tout not using 'committed suicide' as it relates to a crime that is no longer a crime (in this country) but it's ok to use nefarious!!

Shaking my head in utter confusion!! Thanks, peace out.

justanotherone2022

justanotherone2022

Sep 2, 2022
Just leaves me sad that society tries to prevent us at any cost (and scams) to have a peaceful death.

The system only wants to prevent it so I got to work for them and pay my taxes. It really doesn't matter to them if I have to do it while drowned in depression and sadness, feeling like a miserable sh*t and waking up each day totally annihilated of hope for the future.

And guess what? This is my 3rd, 4th major depression? How many more do I have to endure until society "accepts" my decision?

And sorry btw. Sorry for not having the guts to take a bunch of pills and do SN. At least for the moment. Sorry because I failed to fire the gun I had pointed at my mouth few years back. I regret not have done it so many times. Sorry if I'm a coward and I wish to die peacefully after living a life of hummiliation and heartbreak.

Just let me buy 250ml of N. Or at least let me take it to prison. Is asking to much? Sorry, but f*ck all this. I'm so done. I even said it today: "I'm just out here wasting oxigen". You can even announce my death on news later as part of some estatistics. I will be glad to give my contribution to the show.

nosurpries

nosurpries

Jul 3, 2022
Americans don't really care about suicide. No, if people pick peaceful methods, that's definitely concerning and that creates panic and outrage and that's the whole point. This peaceful method received too much popularity. And we can't let people have too much dignity if they want to commit suicide, right? All the other methods out there which end up in violent, brutal and graphic suicides seem rather dismissable compared to SN
pro lifers don't really care and that is the fact. this is very very true, thank you for this post.

D

darkwaters

Sep 7, 2022
The fact of the matter is that it makes the people who are denying other people these methods feel better. It's not about making us feel better, or making society safer or better. They behave this way to make themselves feel better.

The suppliers I guess I can understand just trying to legally cover their asses with all the scrutiny on SN, but for the people harassing them and calling for the bans…they are doing it for themselves not because they truly want to like improve things in any capacity.

Basically it's about them, not us, it's always about them and we are just another group of people who they can exercise control over under the guise of altruism

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Thank you for sharing. These people who want to deny others the option of a more peaceful exit really are so cruel. People shouldn't be forced to resort to methods like hanging and jumping in the first place, all that these people who are trying to ban SN are doing is just making suicide more painful and awful for people. Taking away SN obviously won't reduce suicide as so many people ctb by other methods anyway.

A

Ashmedai

Sep 21, 2022
Being Italian I noticed that even Italian newspapers covered this issue. They try to fight our freedom to go in a peaceful way by telling us that it is extremly painful… is it just fear mongering or is there any truth about this? They are so hypocritical…
I'm talking about SN of course.
To be honest if I had the luck of being born in the US I would seriously consider a gun too.

Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
The media found another topic to talk about. They have once again covered SN, raising the alarm about a "disturbing trend". There have also been some scientific papers[1][2] reporting about SN suicides.

I'm not gonna address the reason why SN is appealing as a suicide method in this thread. That's something that's often left out in these articles, which are written from a natalist perspective. It would be very important to talk about the reason why SN is a preferred suicide method because it helps us understand why it's happening. And sadly, all articles that talk about any methods brush aside the fact that suicide can be a valid choice. That's an uncomfortable thought so let's rather raise the alarm that people decide to exercise their right to die. We don't want people to think too much about the ethics of suicide after all....
I'm just gonna say one thing though: considering SN is one of the more peaceful methods out there, it's not surprising that people decide to go with SN over other methods and you know, people wouldn't need to use that substance to exercise their right to die in the first place if we gave people the option to leave peacefully - we call it assisted suicide in Switzerland, something that's outlawed in almost all(!) countries on this planet, including the US. Maybe we shouldn't treat the right to die as a taboo subject and change the current laws and actually give people some autonomy over their own lives, how about that? If we treated humans with respect and dignity and valued their individual autonomy, they wouldn't feel the need to use that chemical in the first place to escape their pain and quite honestly, we would be one step closer to a better world. Just some food for thought.

But as I said, I don't want to talk about the ethics of suicide in this thread. I want to address the fear mongering instead because one of the articles talked about numbers. Let me quote.

View attachment 98356

View attachment 98357

47 suicides in the US between 2015 und 2020 and 28 in Canada between 1980 and 2020. That seems to be the total numbers of people that exercised their right to die with SN. Just to make that clear, the US media is fear mongering about a few dozen suicides that occured in a time span of years. Now, they put these numbers into such graphs to make it look scary and out of control - until you notice the scope of these numbers. They're atually low.

View attachment 98358

So I'm gonna do what these news articles failed to do: putting these numbers into context. What do 47 SN suicides mean? How does it compare to other accessable suicides methods? I decided to compare these numbers with gun suicides, the most popular suicide method in the US and a method that remains easily accessable, despite the fact that every year, over 20'000 people commit suicide with guns in the US alone and nobody seems to care.

I took all gun suicides from 2020, which is 24'292 and put them next to the SN deaths, which is 47. I thought visualising the fear mongering of the media would speak louder than words. In this image, one pixel height is one dead person, you can donwload the image and zoom in, it's one pixel per person and if you add them all up, it's 24'292 pixels stacked on the black tower for the amount of gun suicides and 47 pixels stacked on the red tower for the amount of SN suicides. I used more width to make the red line visible, otherwise you wouldn't even see it...

sn_VS_guns.png

In total 45'979 people committed suicide in 2020. 47 people used SN and that's the reaction of the media. And we're talking about attempts to restrict sales through legislation, alright. That's how far it goes. It creates headlines about an "emerging trend", obviously mentioning this forum and calls to restrict the sale of SN. But over 20'000 gun suicides don't cause the same reaction and that's been going on for decades. Even worse, according to the CDC, over 5'500(!) people commit suicide with poisoning each year (SN excluded) and they don't get such alarmist headlines either - none of these substances that are used. SN which made 1% of all poisoning suicides in the year 2020 does. Do you understand my point? Americans don't really care about suicide. No, if people pick peaceful methods, that's definitely concerning and that creates panic and outrage and that's the whole point. This peaceful method received too much popularity. And we can't let people have too much dignity if they want to commit suicide, right? All the other methods out there which end up in violent, brutal and graphic suicides seem rather dismissable compared to SN and that's my problem. They always go for the peaceful methods first because they want to make it as though as possible for us to exercise our individual autonomy and if we decide to go through with it, they want us to suffer.

You could create this graph with any other method, it wouldn't look that much different. So if you ever stumble upon an article again, fear mongering about SN and some dangerous trend, just think about the fact that it's a tiny little percentage of all suicide methods. And unlike guns it's a rather peaceful method too, so maybe it's not that bad when people pick SN over guns... or hanging or trains... just from a harm reduction perspective, you know. But one thing is certain, society doesn't want to give people the option to pass away peacefully and that's why they'd rather go after SN than any other method. And that's why this substance in particular receives so much backlash at the moment.
Well, the issue shouldn't be the number of deaths, because surely every death is important from a pro-life perspective, right?
the real issue should be free will: the right of people to do whatever they want without being judged, period.

Reactions: katagiri83
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
It's time for an update. We have some new information. It's not that easy to find out how many people commit suicide with SN in the US each year but according to this news article, that's how many SN suicides took place in the year 2021 and 2022. I didn't have access to any data for these years when I wrote this thread back in September.

The media reported a 166%(!) increase in SN suicides, blowing numbers completely out of proportion. There is a reason why the media left out the actual numbers in some articles and instead worked with percentage numbers - because it debunks their hysteria in real-time. According to the AAPCC it's been 25 SN suicides this year - and if I counted correctly, 20 last year.

Again, that's a total number of around 92 SN suicides in the US in the past 7 years. As I predicted, the numbers are very moderate and they are statistically insignificant compared to the total number of total suicides, which was 47'646 in 2021, of whom 26'320 were firearm suicides, 8% more compared to the previous year by the way. Once again, each year has easily over 5'000 poisoning suicides, 5'528 in 2020 and 6'125 in 2019. Now compare this to approximately ~25 anual SN suicides in the US. As I said, hysteria. Nothing else.

By the way, it's been a pain in the ass to research the numbers for poisoning suicides. The media doesn't talk about them at all. I literally had to dig through tons of data of the CDC because they're also hiding the anual numbers. Fucking disgusting if you ask me considering they've been yelling and screaming very loud about SN. Fuck the media. Obviously, nobody gives a fuck about poisoning suicides unless they can dramatise and sensationalise these numbers and create a connection to this forum, which happened in the case of SN. When they can't do that, it's chirp chirp chirp.

Last edited: