• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
What are your opinions on this? Apart from bridge/ cliff jumping which takes a lot of bravery, I think suicide by train falls 2nd on the list as being a suicide method that takes a lot of balls to do, knowing that a 6,000 tonne locomotive is coming your way at 40-60 miles while you're just standing there while not making any last minute thought about jumping out of the way must take a lot of fucking pain and misery inside to do, so to people who have committed suicide by trains, my hat goes off to you, warriors... you deserve the final peace you've always wished for

Reactions: 08nomore
S

soda_pressed

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
It's the only method I'm against as a lot of drivers end up with PTSD as a result of not being able to stop the train

Reactions: Sunset764, Honigwaffel, sweet17sour29 and 1 other person
ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

May 26, 2019
It's the only method I'm against as a lot of drivers end up with PTSD as a result of not being able to stop the train
100% agree with this

Reactions: Honigwaffel
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
What are your opinions on this? Apart from bridge/ cliff jumping which takes a lot of bravery, I think suicide by train falls 2nd on the list as being a suicide method that takes a lot of balls to do, knowing that a 6,000 tonne locomotive is coming your way at 40-60 miles while you're just standing there while not making any last minute thought about jumping out of the way must take a lot of fucking pain and misery inside to do, so to people who have committed suicide by trains, my hat goes off to you, warriors... you deserve the final peace you've always wished for
This is always on my mind. I love trains. And for some reason, I also had strange daydreams about being hit by one. Even as a child. Very bizarre lol
I think I watched too many movies with trains in them!

It's how I would prefer to go if I was sure it would end me instantly and no one in the train would be hurt. I want to destroy my whole body.
But there are some people who survive it, horribly maimed, and other people end up getting the train "derailed."
It would also probably end up as a news story which I am fervently trying to avoid.

Reactions: ExitTheDay
ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

May 26, 2019
This is always on my mind. I love trains. And for some reason, I also had strange daydreams about being hit by one. Even as a child. Very bizarre lol
I think I watched too many movies with trains in them!

It's how I would prefer to go if I was sure it would end me instantly and no one in the train would be hurt. I want to destroy my whole body.
But there are some people who survive it, horribly maimed, and other people end up getting the train "derailed."
It would also probably end up as a news story which I am fervently trying to avoid.
I love trains aswell, especially when I was a kid, and I also too had very bizarre daydreams about being hit by one, even nightmares of being hit that would cause me to jump out of my own skin and out of bed... I too wouldn't want the train to derail because I would never want to hurt innocent lives, so to me this method of suicide is out of the question in my book

Reactions: LastFlowers
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Getting praised and being brave doesn't mean shit when your dead. I also don't see how they deserve anything. The people who deserve peace are the train drivers and the people cleaning their body parts which splattered all over the place.

Reactions: Honigwaffel and ExitTheDay
beatenghost

beatenghost

May 26, 2019
I am really really against it. It is extremely traumatic to so many people. Even just a driver seeing it may be enough to make them want to end their life as well. There really is no excuse to do it by train unless you actively want to hurt other people or you're really so far gone and detached from reality you have no logic abilities left. I am also a fan of wanting my entire body to be destroyed, but this is a shallow and vain desire that is not worth more than the mental health of someone else.

Reactions: ExitTheDay
Milly Fenn

Milly Fenn

May 5, 2019
Not a good idea. It's gonna be an unfortunate situation for everyone else involved.

ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

May 26, 2019
I am really really against it. It is extremely traumatic to so many people. Even just a driver seeing it may be enough to make them want to end their life as well. There really is no excuse to do it by train unless you actively want to hurt other people or you're really so far gone and detached from reality you have no logic abilities left. I am also a fan of wanting my entire body to be destroyed, but this is a shallow and vain desire that is not worth more than the mental health of someone else.
Indeed, you really not must be in the right mindset to actually go forward with this method

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I think it is one of the worst methods out there. You need immense mental fortitude + you are likely to be stopped if you hesitate + traumatizing others.

However society can't completely censor medical information on suicide and then expect t not to have desperate people jumping in front of trains and out of windows.

Last edited:
Reactions: bayarea, LastFlowers and ExitTheDay
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Hmm, I don't think the desire itself is vain or shallow. I don't think those are the right words for the action either.
It's just not a good follow through plan because of others involved. In the way that they are.
Although, people are going to be involved in almost every suicide unless you have no one looking for you and travel out into a forest in middle of nowhere.

Certain trains, there are no passengers or they wouldn't be able to see what happened. I know in some countries it is common and people treat it as an inconvenience.
I don't know if there are any trains that don't require a driver at the forefront. Technology has gotten crazy. All the trains around here are the typical older style US locomotives though. So someone is going to see and is going to try to stop the train.
I'm just thinking out loud here.

It seemed like you were referencing my comment but I am pretty sure my conclusion was an ultimate "No" regarding whether suicide by train is a good idea. Not sure if you thought I meant otherwise.

Reactions: Higgy123
beatenghost

beatenghost

May 26, 2019
Hmm, I don't think the desire itself is vain or shallow. I don't think those are the right words for the action either.
It's just not a good follow through plan because of others involved. In the way that they are.
Although, people are going to be involved in almost every suicide unless you have no one looking for you and travel out into a forest in middle of nowhere.

Certain trains, there are no passengers or they wouldn't be able to see what happened. I know in some countries it is common and people treat it as an inconvenience.
I don't know if there are any trains that don't require a driver at the forefront. Technology has gotten crazy. All the trains around here are the typical older style US locomotives though. So someone is going to see and is going to try to stop the train.
I'm just thinking out loud here.

It seemed like you were referencing my comment but I am pretty sure my conclusion was an ultimate "No" regarding whether suicide by train is a good idea. Not sure if you thought I meant otherwise.

I do personally consider it vain and shallow. You'll be dead, the state your body will be in after the moment you're gone means zero. All it means is a message you want to send to the living, you want to look a certain way to them. The thought of your body being like that is enjoyable because its like it represents all of your whole painful live being washed away, but its a shallow enjoyment. Finding a dead body that looks like someone sleeping, or just generally in one piece, is a fraction as dramatic as seeing a body burst like a balloon right in front of you. Yes, there will always be people involved when you commit suicide (unless you manage to drown yourself while lost at sea or something) but there's a big difference in police officers finding a dead body that's in one piece compared to a train driver suddenly with no warning seeing a mess of red. The overall damage with even just one train driver seeing it is still higher

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I think it is one of the worst methods out there. You need immense mental fortitude + you are likely to be stopped if you hesitate + traumatizing others.

However society can't completely censor medical information of suicide and then except not to have desperate people jumping in front of trains and out of windows.
Yes when I've heard of people jumping on the tracks, it usually seems to be out of desperation. But a certain type, more of a sudden trigger, an "I have to get out, I have to get out NOW" type of desperation where you run towards whatever is near and available to kill you.
I know the opposite exists as well, though.
Where the person premeditates that this is the way they feel they must go.
And even then, it still may appear to be their best option if they don't have access to other methods or their SI kicks in the longer a certain method takes to get the job done.

Reactions: Meretlein
silentsinger

silentsinger

Experienced
Mar 1, 2019
I'm not sure about this method. When I first joined this forum and described the circumstances that brought me to this point, I remember mentioning this as a possible way out for me. I'm not so sure about it now.
It's not so much what would happen to me, more that It could have traumatic effects on the train driver or any witnesses. The more I thought about it and from what I have read, It could cause serious distress to others and that is not something I wish to be the cause of.