• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

make_00

make_00

Jul 3, 2020
pardon if I have missed a thread that already goes into this, but I have thought a lot about how this would be my preferred method. taking blood thinners and getting really fucked on drugs + alcohol, I would use hypodermic needle(s) and not a cut as I figure those would coagulate much faster?

has anyone tried this, or have thought it as a preferred method before?

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I haven't tried it but thought of cutting myself in the shower with lots of water so the wounds are always fresh and blood never stops coming out.
However, I find it too gore (to do it in my apartment and be found by my parents). I'd only do it in a hotel room.

Last edited:
make_00

make_00

Jul 3, 2020
I haven't tried it but thought of cutting myself in the shower with lots of water so the wounds are always freash and blood never stops coming out.
However, I find it too gore (to do it in my apartment and be found by my parents). I'd only do it in a hotel room.
yeah I had similar thoughts about it being traumatic for someone to come across, but it also involves the body being... well... in one piece, different from jumping or blowing brains out. I'd definitely be near a drain of some sort.

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
if my "people" fail on me its my next logical choice. big slice of the jugular

Reactions: make_00
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It is not as pleasant as you would run into hypovolemic shock even before death. While it is true that there are people who bleed out to death, it is not a peaceful nor comfortable way to go. Furthermore, if you try to bleed out, your body would try to clot the wound thus not likely bleeding out (unless it is a major artery or so).

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
I haven't tried it but thought of cutting myself in the shower with lots of water so the wounds are always fresh and blood never stops coming out.
Rubbing alcohol works a lot better. Especially 50% - 70%. It keeps the wound fresh and and prevents coagulation for a while. After the initial burn it becomes quite bearable.

And its honestly, probably one of the less horrific ways to be found.

make_00

make_00

Jul 3, 2020
It is not as pleasant as you would run into hypovolemic shock even before death. While it is true that there are people who bleed out to death, it is not a peaceful nor comfortable way to go. Furthermore, if you try to bleed out, your body would try to clot the wound thus not likely bleeding out (unless it is a major artery or so).
from what I read I figured when hypovolemic shock kicks in you lose consciousness pretty fast? and with the drugs + alcohol I figured that would make me too out of it to care

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I'm supposed to take blood thinner shots every 12 hours. I have about 3 years them saved up. WHen my son died I said f the shots I want a deadly clot I dont care to stop it now. I thought about- I take Oxycodone and xanax to. I was going to take a few oxy to numb the pain. Shoot up about 8 months worth of shots. Wait about 30 minutes to make sure I don't clot, take a bunch of oxy and xanax. Go out to the ocean and cut my leg to make it bleed out- sharks come and take away the evidence. Oxy & Xanax I'd be unconscious before I knew what happened. That was my original plan.

TVtrays

TVtrays

May 6, 2019
I don't think it's a good way to go. My mom used to be a nurse at a jail and one of the inmates cut himself to ctb. He succeeded but apparently it makes it hard to breathe.

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
It seems like a terrifying way to go and also the concern of having the marks if you have an open casket funeral or even if you are closed casket. Of course these are deeply personal issues for all of us concerning what could happen to the body post mortem. Some here may not even care but If you do have decedents who you expect to run your funeral, having a typical body may ease the pain at a funeral. I think for people who are trying to CTB in a more socially conscious way they should do it in a way that leaves no marks. If you CTB at home or even a hotel, as long as the reason for your death only gets out to your immediate family/doesn't make it into the media the family may just do the typical obituary that says "died unexpectedly" and some probably even straight up like saying it was heart attack/natural causes.

This_sux ✓

This_sux ✓

Forever alone
Aug 6, 2020
If you want to CBT by blood loss then aim for the neck. Cut the neck vein (forgot the name) and simply wait until you die.

DO NOT cut your wrists, arms, legs and anything else that isn't artery. Cutting wrists is the most dumb and painful way to die.

Thanks for my TED talk.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Heard by someone who lost a family member to it that it takes hours and it's very unpleasant. I wouldn't go through that route. But may you do what your heart desire. Hugs.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I'm supposed to take blood thinner shots every 12 hours. I have about 3 years them saved up. WHen my son died I said f the shots I want a deadly clot I dont care to stop it now. I thought about- I take Oxycodone and xanax to. I was going to take a few oxy to numb the pain. Shoot up about 8 months worth of shots. Wait about 30 minutes to make sure I don't clot, take a bunch of oxy and xanax. Go out to the ocean and cut my leg to make it bleed out- sharks come and take away the evidence. Oxy & Xanax I'd be unconscious before I knew what happened. That was my original plan.
Oh my dear I'm happy you didn't do that. And I know how much you are suffering. But please don't harm yourself in such a way. Life is so painful already. We deserve a less painful death. Hugs hun. :hug:

SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
Currently considering this or stabbing myself.

Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
<6% success rate, but it's possible. Pain is subjective and depending on location and other factors such as clotting and skin texture, it can be very fast or very slow. My very close family member ctb in March from slitting his wrist. Both the radial and ulnar arteries were cut. He cut horizontally... once. He lost about 4 liters of blood.

He succeeded but most don't. He lived alone, it was when the lock down went into effect and nobody was going to drop by. We found him 2 weeks later.

Thankfully his heat wasn't on because he was quite bloated with purge fluids. It made him unrecognizable. But, he succeeded. <6%.

neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
When you say you'd use hypodermic needles, do you mean you'd stick one in a blood vessel and remove the plunger so you just bleed out through the needle? Not sure I'm understanding your plan. I don't know the specifics of how clotting works, but I'd assume the smaller the wound is the faster it clots.

Haven't researched exsanguination in a while but the quickest, simplest method is to sever a large vein or artery. It'll probably hurt regardless of what spot you choose, but it's supposed to be a pretty quick way to die. I guess you could donate blood earlier in the day before you CTB and maybe speed up the process a little.

From what I remember, the most comfortable in terms of how long you'd be conscious would probably be severing the carotid or jugular like @This_sux ✓ said, since you would pass out almost immediately from the blood pressure in your brain dropping so fast. But there's a lot of muscle and stuff in your neck that's in the way, so you'd have to stab yourself in the neck/slit your throat pretty hard to actually hit either blood vessel. The femoral artery would work too and might be easier to manage. It's close to the skin's surface near your hip, along the crease where your leg meet your pelvis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie and make_00
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
When you say you'd use hypodermic needles, do you mean you'd stick one in a blood vessel and remove the plunger so you just bleed out through the needle? Not sure I'm understanding your plan. I don't know the specifics of how clotting works, but I'd assume the smaller the wound is the faster it clots.

Haven't researched exsanguination in a while but the quickest, simplest method is to sever a large vein or artery. It'll probably hurt regardless of what spot you choose, but it's supposed to be a pretty quick way to die. I guess you could donate blood earlier in the day before you CTB and maybe speed up the process a little.

From what I remember, the most comfortable in terms of how long you'd be conscious would probably be severing the carotid or jugular like @This_sux ✓ said, since you would pass out almost immediately from the blood pressure in your brain dropping so fast. But there's a lot of muscle and stuff in your neck that's in the way, so you'd have to stab yourself in the neck/slit your throat pretty hard to actually hit either blood vessel. The femoral artery would work too and might be easier to manage. It's close to the skin's surface near your hip, along the crease where your leg meet your pelvis.
Good luck getting to that femoral artery though. I agree it would be an ideal place to nick an artery. Exsanguination would be rapid. But cutting down to that artery is a surgical procedure people are put out for. Doing it to yourself? I don't see it happening.

Reactions: Wrennie and make_00
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
@Thanatonaut It was just a suggestion as an alternative to cutting open your jugular or carotid because it would be easier in the sense that there would be less physical force required. But yeah, there's a reason why exsanguination has such a low success rate. I'm sure there are people who've managed it via femoral artery, but overcoming SI is probably much harder than it would be with a less direct method.

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

"It's all just a dream"
Oct 26, 2019
Heres an idea: leave the hospital with the IV still in your arm. Get a needle or plunger of some sort. and stick it in and pull taking blood out from your body. You could get a huge plunger too. What happens when you lose too much blood? do you pass out? go dizzy? can't breathe? i mean you could even be high as fuck or drunk as fuck and do it as well....I wonder what meds would help to make it easier or steady your heartrate from beating faster?

"Without treatment measures, your body will completely lose its ability to pump blood and maintain oxygen delivery once you've lost about 50 percentTrusted Source of your blood volume.

Your heart will stop pumping, other organs will shut down, and you'll likely be in a coma. Death is likely if aggressive life-saving measures haven't been taken.

Your body can compensate for a good deal of blood loss. However, at a certain point, it shuts down unnecessary components in order to protect your heart.

You'll likely feel very fatigued in the moments before entering into a coma. If close to death, these feelings may not even be noticed."

"

Last edited:
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
Heres an idea: leave the hospital with the IV still in your arm. Get a needle or plunger of some sort. and stick it in and pull taking blood out from your body. You could get a huge plunger too. What happens when you lose too much blood? do you pass out? go dizzy? can't breathe? i mean you could even be high as fuck or drunk as fuck and do it as well....
You are not going to get a whole lot of blood out of your body with an IV catheter. Have you ever donated blood? The cannula is a 16 gauge, and that's just to get a pint of blood.

K

KolK

Nov 29, 2020
One of the rough plans I had before I acquired N was to book a nice hotel and enjoy a weekend, maxing out my credit card.

Thereafter, I would stab myself and bleed to death.

make_00

make_00

Jul 3, 2020

I drain my blood now and then. I use hypodermic needles and keep going until I hit the amount in a typical blood donation, 500ml. doesn't take very long, honestly. just did it a couple days ago
my thought process is basically that I don't take the needle out, as the blood just keeps on coming. even if I pass out the blood would not stop draining with nobody to take the needle out. would use multiple to cbt though.

Reactions: neitherherenorthere
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
That's pretty neat and probably a good skill to have. If you can reliably hit a vein you might be able to use some other CTB methods that are usually impractical because the average person can't do an IV injection properly. I wish I could remember what substances in particular. It's on the tip of my brain but I can't think of it -_-

make_00

make_00

Jul 3, 2020
That's pretty neat and probably a good skill to have. If you can reliably hit a vein you might be able to use some other CTB methods that are usually impractical because the average person can't do an IV injection properly. I wish I could remember what substances in particular. It's on the tip of my brain but I can't think of it -_-
unless I am dehydrated it doesn't take long to stick it and adjust to get a steady flow/stream of blood, yes. it simply is like a hollow needle that just... lets the blood out. is weirdly therapeutic when I am trying not to self-harm by cutting which leaves greater marks.

Reactions: neitherherenorthere
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
pardon if I have missed a thread that already goes into this, but I have thought a lot about how this would be my preferred method. taking blood thinners and getting really fucked on drugs + alcohol, I would use hypodermic needle(s) and not a cut as I figure those would coagulate much faster?

has anyone tried this, or have thought it as a preferred method before?
As a nurse myself having been trained in phlebotomy.. I thought about drawing excessive amounts of blood out of my own body. But the entire process seemed like a guaranteed failure considering the fatigue I would feel during the process. It would be hard to keep concentrating on the actual task of drawing out the blood. I just dismissed it. I'm reconsidering...

make_00

make_00

Jul 3, 2020
As a nurse myself having been trained in phlebotomy.. I thought about drawing excessive amounts of blood out of my own body. But the entire process seemed like a guaranteed failure considering the fatigue I would feel during the process. It would be hard to keep concentrating on the actual task of drawing out the blood. I just dismissed it. I'm reconsidering...
it's not exactly manually taking the blood out so I am like.. well passing out doesn't matter. it's like... having a tube and it just drains itself lol. but yeah I know what you mean.

• Aww..
Reactions: WitheringAway
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Last time I self harmed I went through something and the blood started coming out like something out of fist of the north star. Took ages to get it to stop. Anyway I think the aorta artery is easy enough to stab

This_sux ✓

This_sux ✓

Forever alone
Aug 6, 2020
Heres an idea: leave the hospital with the IV still in your arm. Get a needle or plunger of some sort. and stick it in and pull taking blood out from your body. You could get a huge plunger too. What happens when you lose too much blood? do you pass out? go dizzy? can't breathe? i mean you could even be high as fuck or drunk as fuck and do it as well....I wonder what meds would help to make it easier or steady your heartrate from beating faster?

"Without treatment measures, your body will completely lose its ability to pump blood and maintain oxygen delivery once you've lost about 50 percentTrusted Source of your blood volume.

Your heart will stop pumping, other organs will shut down, and you'll likely be in a coma. Death is likely if aggressive life-saving measures haven't been taken.

Your body can compensate for a good deal of blood loss. However, at a certain point, it shuts down unnecessary components in order to protect your heart.

You'll likely feel very fatigued in the moments before entering into a coma. If close to death, these feelings may not even be noticed."

"
Yes, this could work but you will most likely faint before you manage to take the right amount of blood.

After losing approximately 1 litre of blood you start to feel dizzy and it's going to be worse the more blood you'll lose.

A

alice-in-wonderland

Nov 20, 2020
my suicide ideation is on hold due to not feeling mental agony, but cutting my carotid artery was my latest choice to go. i read lots of posts where people say it is easy to mess up, but i am still wondering if a better blade could make a difference.