• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I can't figure out how I'm going to leave what is left of my money to an organization I admire. I know I can make a will out to them.
But how to get them notified I have died and they can collect the money after I'm dead is the part I can't figure out. I don't have anyone I know or trust who can arrange things after I'm gone. If anyone has some idea on how to do this please let me know.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can't figure out how I'm going to leave what is left of my money to an organization I admire. I know I can make a will out to them.
But how to get them notified I have died and they can collect the money after I'm dead is the part I can't figure out. I don't have anyone I know or trust who can arrange things after I'm gone. If anyone has some idea on how to do this please let me know.

The first thing to do would be to send them a scheduled e-mail but you'll probably need to contact a lawyer because law sucks and the government won't allow it that easily if you're dead.

What about giving them your money while your alive? I guess it's too risky in case you fail at CTB right?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
What about giving them your money while your alive? I guess it's too risky in case you fail at CTB right?
Yes I want to hang onto it in case I don't succeed.

I could also make a living trust which would pass the money to them directly and automatically upon my death.
So that would be better than a will, which requires lawyers to get involved. So I guess it's just a matter of notifying them
with a delayed email. What if I'm in a hospital or psych ward, they get the email and I have no way to stop the process?

I'm also reluctant to tell them in advance I'm leaving money to them. I want it to be a surprise.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes I want to hang onto it in case I don't succeed.

I could also make a living trust which would pass the money to them directly and automatically upon my death.
So that would be better than a will, which requires lawyers to get involved. So I guess it's just a matter of notifying them
with a delayed email. What if I'm in a hospital or psych ward, they get the email and I have no way to stop the process?

I'm also reluctant to tell them in advance I'm leaving money to them. I want it to be a surprise.
Yeah, that might happend and you wouldn't be able to stop anything, or maybe if you're alive and they find it out, you would?
Damn, it's not that easy but you're a really nice person by wanting to help an organization! Good for you!

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I wish I knew for a fact my attempt would succeed so I could write them a check and put it in the mail.
I will call them and tell them and see what they say. It's a big organization that depends on charity and they probably have dealt with this before.