Themogger

Themogger

Why so serious?
Jul 23, 2024
I'm pretty sure the actual name is Chubby bunny. You'll find stuffy Bunny on PH(you're welcome ๐Ÿ˜‰).

Sometimes simplicity is the ultimate complexity. Choking on marshmallows. I'd probably look like a gluttonous idiot when I'm found in the morning but it just might work.

"A falsely held widespread belief is that the marshmallows used during the Chubby Bunny Dare will melt or emulsify in the participant's mouth, creating a gloppy mass. The truth is, the temperature of the mouth is insufficient to melt marshmallows right away.

In actuality, marshmallows retain their basic form, without chewing, for about 15 minutes until they have fully dissolved to nothing. Any fluid that does emerge is thin and runny, not gloppy or gluey."

And all it takes is 4 minutes of oxygen deprivation to go. Sure it falls under asphyxiation and is "a horrible way to go" but it'd be pretty funny. Please any ideas or suggestions on how to make this slightly comfortable or plausible?

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: etherealspring, h4nah4ki, divinemistress36 and 3 others
Krokodile

Krokodile

Nov 18, 2023
I think even the bad methods are going to be better than this, unless you are specifically going for comedic value. But most people won't be able to appreciate the joke when finding a dead body anyway.

Reactions: the_last_race, h4nah4ki, divinemistress36 and 4 others
Themogger

Themogger

Why so serious?
Jul 23, 2024
I think even the bad methods are going to be better than this, unless you are specifically going for comedic value. But most people won't be able to appreciate the joke when finding a dead body anyway.
How so?

Reactions: Zhendou
Krokodile

Krokodile

Nov 18, 2023

I would guess that when you start coughing and convulsing from the lack of oxygen, there's a high chance you'll manage to clear your airways enough to survive. But I'm not an expert on the topic so I could be wrong. Certainly there's a lot more information available on more common methods.

Themogger

Themogger

Why so serious?
Jul 23, 2024
I would guess that when you start coughing and convulsing from the lack of oxygen, there's a high chance you'll manage to clear your airways enough to survive. But I'm not an expert on the topic so I could be wrong. Certainly there's a lot more information available on more common methods.
Oh, I thought it'd be something worse than that. Convulsing comes with most methods, I think including hanging. And there're posts here about ctbing with plastic bag, similar concept

M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Takes me back to when I was a kid. We'd do it for fun. No one died, obviously.

Hanging isn't the same as having something stuck in your throat, albeit, yes a horrible way to go, but choking is much worse. I have almost choked to death from having a piece of food stuck in my throat, and I have tried partial hanging.

You'd be conscious of the fact you're trying to kill yourself, so perhaps less likely to work? You have a gag reflex for a reason. Survival instinct would kick in, in seconds.

It isn't like being choked either (yes PAINFUL as fuck but this is WAY worse). Imagine gasping for air, but you can't get any, because your airways are completely blocked, not constricted. Blocked.

I'm positive the questions individuals ask on here about methods are becoming more, and more ridiculous.

• Informative
Reactions: CatLvr, nihilistic_dragon and Themogger
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
As ready as I am to die, when I accidentally choked on food a month or so ago (total airway block) my body did EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to get it out. I was in a frenzy state of panic the whole time, extremely terrible. It's a pretty dicey way to go and you might just end up with some gnarly brain damage.

I'm positive the questions individuals ask on here about methods are becoming more, and more ridiculous.
True, but that's just the state of the environment ig. Guns are expensive or inaccessible for many, cutting is unreliable, hanging is grisly and requires a lot of will, drowning is scary, peaceful overdoses are essentially a thing of the past unless you're lucky, and even reading instructions on doing SN or exit bags frankly makes me feel like a Luddite being tasked with building their own PC. With how SaSu-proofed life is these days I guess that's all we're left with.

Reactions: Themogger
Themogger

Themogger

Why so serious?
Jul 23, 2024
Takes me back to when I was a kid. We'd do it for fun. No one died, obviously.

Hanging isn't the same as having something stuck in your throat, albeit, yes a horrible way to go, but choking is much worse. I have almost choked to death from having a piece of food stuck in my throat, and I have tried partial hanging.

You'd be conscious of the fact you're trying to kill yourself, so perhaps less likely to work? You have a gag reflex for a reason. Survival instinct would kick in, in seconds.

It isn't like being choked either (yes PAINFUL as fuck but this is WAY worse). Imagine gasping for air, but you can't get any, because your airways are completely blocked, not constricted. Blocked.

Just had to add something condescending at the end. Thanks for the anecdote anyways. I guess I didn't expect a facepalm from everyone wondering why they hadn't thought about this before. Choking from solid objects leads to irritation and bruising in the throat, was curious how different it'd be with a semi solid. But with SI and chance of brain damage, I guess it's not worth the thought

M

MyTimeIsUp

Feb 27, 2024
As ready as I am to die, when I accidentally choked on food a month or so ago (total airway block) my body did EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to get it out. I was in a frenzy state of panic the whole time, extremely terrible. It's a pretty dicey way to go and you might just end up with some gnarly brain damage.

True, but that's just the state of the environment ig. Guns are expensive or inaccessible for many, cutting is unreliable, hanging is grisly and requires a lot of will, drowning is scary, peaceful overdoses are essentially a thing of the past unless you're lucky, and even reading instructions on doing SN or exit bags frankly makes me feel like a Luddite being tasked with building their own PC. With how SaSu-proofed life is these days I guess that's all we're left with.
Hmm, how would an individual commit suicide without the Internet ๐Ÿค” (note the sarcasm) people have literally been doing this since time began.

Peaceful overdoses are not a thing of the past, that is definitely untrue.

Hanging does not require will, it requires mental anguish, just like any suicide attempt.

Wanting to end suffering is usually what causes a suicide attempt, not will power. Most are impulsive, because one cannot find a way out.

Suicide is about being unable to find a way out - a last resort because of this, and the majority of the time there is a way out - one simply cannot see it due to the state of mind at the time.

Last edited:
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
Just had to add something condescending at the end. Thanks for the anecdote anyways. I guess I didn't expect a facepalm from everyone wondering why they hadn't thought about this before. Choking from solid objects leads to irritation and bruising in the throat, was curious how different it'd be with a semi solid. But with SI and chance of brain damage, I guess it's not worth the thought
No worries mate, they're just being a lil goofy most people here are supportive and frankly I'm glad people have a space to get feedback before they do something that won't work. I know I've had since OTT ideas.

M

MyTimeIsUp

Feb 27, 2024
You asked an incredibly ridiculous question - can I choke on food to kill myself? Come on. It is juvenile at best.

Surely you can't expect a serious answer to a ridiculous question. Seriously?

This is a suicide website. It is serious. Not a joke.

I'm pretty sure you can think of something else, there are literally many methods. And there are plenty of tips on how to kill yourself, step by step, on this website.

Good luck with your plans

FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
I'm a big girl and built different, I know for sure I could eat my way out of this bs method.

• Yay!
Reactions: indefinitesleep, WhiteRabbit, CatLvr and 3 others
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ’”
Aug 10, 2024
I'm pretty sure the actual name is Chubby bunny. You'll find stuffy Bunny on PH(you're welcome ๐Ÿ˜‰).

Sometimes simplicity is the ultimate complexity. Choking on marshmallows. I'd probably look like a gluttonous idiot when I'm found in the morning but it just might work.

"A falsely held widespread belief is that the marshmallows used during the Chubby Bunny Dare will melt or emulsify in the participant's mouth, creating a gloppy mass. The truth is, the temperature of the mouth is insufficient to melt marshmallows right away.

In actuality, marshmallows retain their basic form, without chewing, for about 15 minutes until they have fully dissolved to nothing. Any fluid that does emerge is thin and runny, not gloppy or gluey."

And all it takes is 4 minutes of oxygen deprivation to go. Sure it falls under asphyxiation and is "a horrible way to go" but it'd be pretty funny. Please any ideas or suggestions on how to make this slightly comfortable or plausible?
I think it's 4 minutes minimum.
There have been people revived after 10 minutes under certain circumstances. That's a long time to suffer!
Peace!๐ŸŒน

C

CatLvr

Arcanist
Aug 1, 2024
I'm a big girl and built different, I know for sure I could eat my way out of this bs method.
My GIRL!! ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธYou and me both!! And this thread made me think of the cinnamon challenge. Remember when all those kids were dying from trying to eat a spoonful of cinnamon and wound up with a couple of lungs full of the stuff?? I can't think of a worse way to go. (Well, I take that back -- I can thing of some things that would be just as bad or worse. Bleh.)

I_am_Lo

I_am_Lo

i really cant anymore
Apr 26, 2024

ive tried something similar, albeit with oranges (learned when i was young why that works the hard way) in the ward but my lizard brain took over and somehow managed to force it out, choking on food or even pills is not a surefire way or even have any guarantee to end you, as far as im aware more likely to succeed through seratonin syndrome than this method

Themogger

Themogger

Why so serious?
Jul 23, 2024
ive tried something similar, albeit with oranges (learned when i was young why that works the hard way) in the ward but my lizard brain took over and somehow managed to force it out, choking on food or even pills is not a surefire way or even have any guarantee to end you, as far as im aware more likely to succeed through seratonin syndrome than this method
Thanks for the input. I genuinely appreciate it

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I'll stick with the pistol.

• Yay!