The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
There has been a consistent pattern throughout my entire life where almost everything goes wrong.
I can work seriously hard to obtain a certain goal, then just before things come to fruition, it all goes terribly wrong.
Some of this happens for absolutely no logical reason whatsoever.
Other times it happens because of malevolent people.
It is as though the universe, god, or whatever you want to call it is playing a sadistic game with me.
Like taking candy from a baby, or the donkey and carrot scenario.
Why the fuck bother trying anymore ?
The juice ain't worth the squeeze as they say.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Angst Filled Fuck Up, Daxter_87 and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To have the ability to exist in this world truly is such a terrible undeserved punishment to me, existing certainly is a nightmare as there is unlimited potential to suffer and for existing to get even more unbearable. It's really so horrible how all through chance people can end up in situations of the most extreme suffering, I think it would be absurd to wish to delay the inevitable, I only wish for non-existence personally where this existence won't even be a distant memory, I could never see a point to suffering unnecessarily for decades on end just to cease existing anyway.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
lastday6116

lastday6116

Gone home
May 31, 2023
There is an apparent glitch in the system

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I'm in this zone too. I can try whatever, it will fail. I can try something else, it will also fail. I will get my hopes up, they will be dashed. Lately I'm done trying to fight life or do anything beyond bare minimum survival. Sometimes you're just a fish in a barrel, and it's best to accept that if nothing's working out, because you're not getting out of that barrel.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
To have the ability to exist in this world truly is such a terrible undeserved punishment to me, existing certainly is a nightmare as there is unlimited potential to suffer and for existing to get even more unbearable. It's really so horrible how all through chance people can end up in situations of the most extreme suffering, I think it would be absurd to wish to delay the inevitable, I only wish for non-existence personally where this existence won't even be a distant memory, I could never see a point to suffering unnecessarily for decades on end just to cease existing anyway.

I'm in this zone too. I can try whatever, it will fail. I can try something else, it will also fail. I will get my hopes up, they will be dashed. Lately I'm done trying to fight life or do anything beyond bare minimum survival. Sometimes you're just a fish in a barrel, and it's best to accept that if nothing's working out, because you're not getting out of that barrel.
Me too: no gas left for the fight.
Accepting that I am permanently fucked has actually made me feel more peaceful.
Sorry you are going through this too.