• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I'm finding it really hard with all these changes, especially the username and rank changes. I don't know who's who anymore and who's earned and not earned each rank. With the new themes too I'm just really confused and I'm getting very anxious.

I would like to point out that I am aware the mods are trying their best with all these changes and they did these changes thinking about how it would affect the community. Just all these changes are so difficult for me, I feel like my brain just can't keep up. Once again I am aware of the mods' hard work and I am thankful for it.

It's just too much change too quickly for me, I feel very uncomfortable on this forum now, and I can't even find where to insert emojis any more. This is all too much for me, I'm such a wimp.

M

mouseteeth

Dec 2, 2019
Same. I know I've never posted much, but as I've lurked in the year I've been here always appreciated the environment here.
I feel like when I joined here a year ago, there was a much larger population of older posters, like 40+. They'd always have interesting takes on different topics. There were more women too.
These days it seems that most new members are all sexually frustrated young men.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Our PC you can mouse over the persons icon and a pop-up will show you their previous names, and on iPad you can click on the picture and then you can see the previous names. I'm not a huge fan of people being able to change their color since I had earn on mine through spamming and bad jokes, but nowadays I just ignore what color peoples names are since they don't have meaning anymore.

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
Our PC you can mouse over the persons icon and a pop-up will show you their previous names, and on iPad you can click on the picture and then you can see the previous names. I'm not a huge fan of people being able to change their color since I had earn on mine through spamming and bad jokes, but nowadays I just ignore what color peoples names are since they don't have meaning anymore.
I mainly use my phone for SS, I don't go on my laptop often. It's not as easy on phone, although it is better than nothing. Although long pressing over every person who replies to find out their last UN is a bit tiring, I do understand some people don't like theirs. I just don't like change much, it's not easy when you have memory issues. I miss being able to see who the original poster in a thread was too, that was very useful. TBH I'm considering trying to stay away from SS as all this is causing me a lot of anxiety, but there isn't a good replacement unfortunately

Last edited:
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I mainly use my phone for SS, I don't go on my laptop often. It's not as easy on phone, although it is better than nothing. I miss being able to see who the original poster in a thread was too, that was very useful. TBH I'm considering trying to stay away from SS as all this is causing me a lot of anxiety, but there isn't a good replacement unfortunately
There is a couple different options of themes. Maybe one of those would work better for you?

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
There is a couple different options of themes. Maybe one of those would work better for you?
SS 2019 light has changed, and as I mainly come in the night, I always used SS 2019 dark which is currently unavailable. Sorry I'm being difficult, just having a brain injury and memory issues is making this a lot more complicated. I know I'm just being a wimpy kid, sorry
I hate the colour changes. I worked hard for mine
Same, I was really proud when I evolved out of blue

Last edited:
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I know. I'm pink and important, damn it. Way more so than some blue noob.

But seriously we do have some weird ass newer members, and a few very obvious trolls. The sheer numbers some of these shitposters put out are mind boggling. Like 50+ posts a day of pure bullshit.

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I feel sad that the 2019 dark theme is gone. The new themes look beautiful but I don't like how they function and I'm currently using the 2019 light theme. The mod/s who made the change should bring back the 2019 dark theme.

I understand the anger on the color change. But I hate yellow and like blue so I was happy to revert to blue the moment I became yellow.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I'm not a huge fan of people being able to change their color since I had earn on mine through spamming and bad jokes, but nowadays I just ignore what color peoples names are since they don't have meaning anymore.

I was really hoping to earn my colors lol. But I don't like orange so just went ahead and changed it.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I was excited with the changes, because I never liked my username, but I can see the anxiety it causes, so I've kept the name and the rank too. I too found it a little annoying that I could no longer rely on being able to quickly visually identify people by colour.
I like the idea of still having to earn colours. I think once the novelty of name changing wears off, people will get used to it being something useful.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
@sadworld @RoseyBird I hope you guys don't mind my color... I only have my name in magenta because that's what my former account was when I left. I agree that it's frustrating to see people casually pick "higher ranked" colors though, because I also spent a lot of time getting up there. I'm kinda a hypocrite, feel guilty.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
@sadworld @RoseyBird I hope you guys don't mind my color... I only have my name in magenta because that's what my former account was when I left. I agree that it's frustrating to see people casually pick "higher ranked" colors though, because I also spent a lot of time getting up there. I'm kinda a hypocrite, feel guilty.
You're fine. It very much makes sense in cases like yours. It is quite weird to see a new member with a pink name, but I have started to not even look at the colors really since they no longer represent anything. It's a bit sad to be honest I liked moving up the ranks, but it's also nice that people get to have options and freedom.

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
You're fine. It very much makes sense in cases like yours. It is quite weird to see a new member with a pink name, but I have started to not even look at the colors really since they no longer represent anything. It's a bit sad to be honest I liked moving up the ranks, but it's also nice that people get to have options and freedom.
Yeah it's really sad imo but if they won't remove the changes with the colors I think we should get at least something else for our commitment to the forum.

issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
This forum has lost a good deal of older members :( it's sad and I'll miss them but I guess the way thats the nature of this forum, older members disappear or ctb, new members become older, cycle repeats. I guess i'm just adopting a wait and see approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.