• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Same. I know I've never posted much, but as I've lurked in the year I've been here always appreciated the environment here.
I feel like when I joined here a year ago, there was a much larger population of older posters, like 40+. They'd always have interesting takes on different topics. There were more women too.
These days it seems that most new members are all sexually frustrated young men.
Oof yeah seen a few of those here

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I would reply to all that but I don't give a shit. Self banning again...never meant to unban except I saw a site issue. This site used to be very kind and supportive and for all the people I did meet I'm thankful but it's not kind or supportive anymore.

So yes people talk about long term members leaving....this is why. What happened to civil disagreements? Now it's just n hostile sarcasm filled if you disagree you can say it politely not all hostile and sarcastic......

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Same. I know I've never posted much, but as I've lurked in the year I've been here always appreciated the environment here.
I feel like when I joined here a year ago, there was a much larger population of older posters, like 40+. They'd always have interesting takes on different topics. There were more women too.
These days it seems that most new members are all sexually frustrated young men.
Mouseteeth I am 23
The rise of young members is due to the world we are living in there young people out there who feel life simply isnt worth it anymore.

What future do young people have
- Mass unemployment and the national debt keeps rising
- dying planet
-pressure to conform to society expections
- Parents who fail to listen or understand thier children

People are very very judgemental towards those that are suicidal or mentally ill.

Some people when they feel no cares about them or listens to them they will naturally want a community that does listen and understand. Hence this why they end up here.
People around me dont listen to me. My family dont understand why i am scared about my future.

Talking to them is frustrating
I told my nan the future really scares me
My nan said" the homeless man is one who should be worried about their future not you. You have a family that loves you
Thier love is not enough because i want a life of meaning and a purpose. They fail to understand this. They think they are helping me by not forcing me to have a job or move out. They believe their love is enough and fact i have a roof over my head and provided for i shouldn't be depressed

I ended up here because when i talk about my feelings no one will listen. I ended up here because can truly express my feelings without judgement"

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Hey @Caspers I know you mentioned only using mobile, but if you use the SS light theme 2019 in a browser with a dark mode browser extension installed, this almost re-creates the look and feel of the of SS 2019 dark theme.
I'm just using SS light theme 2019 while I wait for the dark one to hopefully return on mobile.

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
Hey @Caspers I know you mentioned only using mobile, but if you use the SS light theme 2019 in a browser with a dark mode browser extension installed, this almost re-creates the look and feel of the of SS 2019 dark theme.
I have dark mode on my phone but it's still a white background when my phone is on dark mode. I can use reader view which is dark, but you can't navigate the side with reader view. Thank you for the suggestion though

• Hugs
Reactions: death137 and foxdie
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Mak

Mahakali88 The ugly v pretty war is kind of my fault.

In one of my previous threads i mentioned society tends to care more about attractive people. For example when someone attractive kills themselves or even die in any circumstances the media would make reference to that persons beauty. I am taking from my own observations
I hage seen newspapers and media outlets in the UK use headlines such as
"Beautiful mothers kills herself" or etc

I used a poor choice of words
when describing Callie and shawn i i said callie and shawn are pretty women but not conventionally attractive by society standards. (i shouldn't made comment on their appearance)

Society cares for the super pretty which the point i poorly tired to make.

Worthles_nobody disagreed with my point. They said my point wasn't true and Took offense.

The truth is the world we live in care about looks and fixated on beauty. We live in very shallow society . I am 23 . I am talking from my own experiences

- Young girls are constantly bombarded with images of attractive women with a flat stomach, flawless skin . We see this on dating shows like love island, Instagram, adverts and womans magazines etc. Young girls are made to feel there is something wrong with them if they dont look like the women in the magazine or the pictures

- more and more people having plastic surgery just to fit in with society standards of beauty. I have watched documentaries about plastic surgery addiction you can see a pattern

- If you are man you are expected to have a six pack and be really strong on the

-We have magazine lists called world sexiest male or female.

So many examples of how society cares about beauty
I agree 100% and I have nothing to add. You did nothing wrong, imo.

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
I feel sad that the 2019 dark theme is gone. The new themes look beautiful but I don't like how they function and I'm currently using the 2019 light theme. The mod/s who made the change should bring back the 2019 dark theme.

I understand the anger on the color change. But I hate yellow and like blue so I was happy to revert to blue the moment I became yellow.
Hi someones working on the 2019 dark theme. I remember @Marquis saying it will take some time. I use the 2020 dark for now. In New Themes thread he mentioned his progress. I hope this helps to allay some of your sadness.

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Hi someones working on the 2019 dark theme. I remember @Marquis saying it will take some time. I use the 2020 dark for now. In New Themes thread he mentioned his progress. I hope this helps to allay some of your sadness.
Hi thanks. I also read him saying work is going on to bring back the theme. But I thought he was talking about another theme. Glad to hear its the 2019 dark theme.

Reactions: sufferingalways
PursuitofWonder

PursuitofWonder

Student
Dec 12, 2020
Sorry to hear that it's changed in your eyes. I happen to fit that bill(minus sexually frustrated lol) and just joined. I know it used to be different and change is hard, though from browsing forums today over half the posters I read were above 30 so that's something I suppose.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
This post is derailing, maybe I should just delete it. Can people please use DMs instead of turning my post into an argument that has nothing to do with the original post.

The OP has asked that we stay on topic. I realize that some things that have been said here merit a response. But can we respect the OPs wishes and avoid more arguments in here. I'd advise making a new thread if you want to continue this back and forth.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I found it confusing in the beginning and even changed my colour, but somehow I'd felt wrong so I set my colour back to default. I'm ok with my name, but I have lost track of a few members that changed name.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I'd like to bring some clarity into this thread. Yes, the forum is changing but that's it's been always like this. This isn't a new process. And it's funny because most people complaining in this thread registered in like 2020. You haven't been one year in this forum and you think to know that this forum now, all of a sudden, is going into wild directions. No. It's not. I've been a member for +2.5 years in this forum - there aren't many of us left. And back in January 2019, when I was active in the forum for a few months, I was like: "Oh dang, the forum is changing." Most of my friends started to slowly pass away or leave the forum with the intention to recover and find new meaning life. And it's painful but this is a normal process in this forum.
And in May 2019, I was like: "Oh no, the forum is changing - again!" Buzzfeed wrote an article with smears and slanders about this forum and it was at that moment, that we received the first noticeable backlash from pro-lifers. We had a huge influx of new members, the whole community seemed to be replaced with newbies. It was a hostile environment, people weren't trusting each other, thought the forum would go down and disappear forever. Whatever. It's exactly the same thing that is happening right now with Fixthe26. I see the exact same reactions and there is no reason to be so paranoid.
And in 2020 I was again: "Oh no, the forum is... again changing, oh what a surprise!" Suddenly I see a lot of political content. I see a lot of heated arguments and discussions. I see lack of respect, yeah. But this is a temporary situation. And brace yourself people: there will be MORE change in the future. And new members, that aren't familiar with all the bullshit that has happened in the last 2 years, will think: "Oh no, the apocalypse is here, the forum is changing, we're gonna lose this place". The exact same narrative will be repeated again over and over. No. We're gonna remain, we'll go through all of this garbage together, some of the members will leave because they commit suicide, some people will leave because they go into recovery and some of them will leave because they think the forum is changing for the worse. And some people will stay - maybe I'll be once again, one of them. And it hurts, seeing all of my 2018 friends leave, all of the familiar faces are gone. But that's the premise of this forum. Nobody will be here forever.

Like, change is normal. It happens. And you all will go through many phases of changes, just like I did. All the people that I used to hang out with back in 2018 are gone. Most of them died. Of course that's gonna change the community. And this cycle of old members leaving and new members coming will never stop in a forum dedicated to the issue of suicide. This will replace the community, slowly but surely. Obviously, it's a natural process. And yeah, the forum itself, colors, themes, whatever - those things change too. It's normal. We will bring back the dark 2019 themes, as far as I know, and we will keep fighting for the forum. And I'll be maybe gone someday, all of current staff might be gone someday and some of you will replace us. And you'll experience the exact thing I did many many times. And you'll realize: it's not as bad as it seems.

Last edited:
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I'd like to bring some clarity into this thread. Yes, the forum is changing but that's it's been always like this. This isn't a new process. And it's funny because most people complaining in this thread registered in like 2020. You haven't been one year in this forum and you think to know that this forum now, all of a sudden, is going into wild directions. No. It's not. I've been a member for +2.5 years in this forum - there aren't many of us left. And back in January 2019, when I was active in the forum for a few months, I was like: "Oh dang, the forum is changing." Most of my friends started to pass away or leave the forum with the intention to recover and find new meaning life.
And in May 2019, I was like: "Oh no, the forum is changing - again!" Buzzfeed wrote an article with smears and slanders about this forum and it was at that moment, that we received the first noticeable backlash from pro-lifers. We had a huge influx of new members, the whole community seemed to be replaced with newbies. It was a hostile environment, people weren't trusting each other, thought the forum would go down. Whatever. It's exactly the same thing that is happening right now with Fixthe26. I see the exact same reactions and there is no reason to be so paranoid.
And in 2020 I was again: "Oh no, the forum is... again changing, oh what a surprise!" Suddenly I see a lot of political content. I see a lot of heated arguments and discussions. I see lack of respect, yeah. But this is a temporary situation. And brace yourself people: there will be MORE change in the future. And new members, that aren't familiar with all the bullshit that has happened in the last 2 years, will think: "Oh no, the apocalypse is here, the forum is changing, we're gonna lose this place". No. We're gonna remain, we'll go through all of this garbage together, some people will leave because they commit suicide, some people will leave because they go into recovery. And some people will stay - maybe I'll be once again, one of them. And it hurts, seeing all of my 2018 friends leave. But that's the premise of this forum. Nobody will be here forever.

Like, change is normal. It happens. And you all will go through many phases of changes, just like I did. All the people that I used to hang out with back in 2018 are gone. Most of them died. Of course that's gonna change the community. And this cycle of old members leaving and new members coming will never stop in a forum dedicated to the issue of suicide. This will replace the community, slowly but surely. Obviously, it's a natural process. And yeah, the forum itself, colors, themes, whatever - those things change too. It's normal. We will bring back the dark 2019 themes, as far as I know, and we will keep fighting for the forum. And I'll be maybe gone someday, all of current staff might be gone someday and some of you will replace us. And you'll experience the exact thing I did many many times. And you'll realize: it's not as bad as it seems.
You always brighten my mood! Thank you for clearing things up! :heart:

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I'd like to bring some clarity into this thread. Yes, the forum is changing but that's it's been always like this. This isn't a new process. And it's funny because most people complaining in this thread registered in like 2020. You haven't been one year in this forum and you think to know that this forum now, all of a sudden, is going into wild directions. No. It's not. I've been a member for +2.5 years in this forum - there aren't many of us 2018's left. And back in January 2019, when I was active in the forum for a few months, I was like: "Oh dang, the forum is changing." Most of my friends started to slowly pass away or leave the forum with the intention to recover and find new meaning life. And it's painful but this is a normal process in this forum.
And in May 2019, I was like: "Oh no, the forum is changing - again!" Buzzfeed wrote an article with smears and slanders about this forum and it was at that moment, that we received the first noticeable backlash from pro-lifers against this community. We had a huge influx of new members, the whole community seemed to be replaced with newbies. It was a hostile environment, people weren't trusting each other, thought the forum would go down and disappear forever. Whatever. It's exactly the same thing that is happening right now with Fixthe26. I see the exact same reactions and there is no reason to be so paranoid.
And in 2020 I was again: "Oh no, the forum is... again changing, oh what a surprise!" Suddenly I see a lot of political content. I see a lot of heated arguments and discussions. I see lack of respect, yeah. But this is a temporary situation. And brace yourself people: there will be MORE change in the future. And new members, that aren't familiar with all the bullshit that has happened in the last 2 years, will think: "Oh no, the apocalypse is here, the forum is changing, we're gonna lose this place". The exact same narrative will be repeated again over and over. No. We're gonna remain, we'll go through all of this garbage together, some of the members will leave because they commit suicide, some people will leave because they go into recovery and some of them will leave because they think the forum is changing for the worse. And some people will stay - maybe I'll be once again, one of them. And it hurts, seeing all of my 2018 friends leave, all of the familiar faces are gone. But that's the premise of this forum. Nobody will be here forever. You have to accept that.

Yes I agree with @sadworld , every time we talk you seem like a really cool person. The way you write is beautiful. :hug: :heart:
Also, this new wave of people seem to be different. They have different views about everything and now I'm hated.
Totally agree, the new dynamic that users who recently joined is a bit different from the days and months I've signed in. But there are some good people also that just joined.

Last edited:

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
But if someone believes that raping women is ok and they are entitled to sex and they put down others with mean names then yeah you better believe I'm not tolerating that bs.
I've got a warning for justifying rape when I was analyzing the conflict between sexes when it comes to sexual desire, considering that I was maintaining neutrality in the subject. I can say with certainty that the attitudes you mentioned aren't allowed expression on this forum. But I see that you didn't accuse anyone of expressing such attitudes but merely made a conditional statement. Smart move, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I'd like to bring some clarity into this thread. Yes, the forum is changing but that's it's been always like this. This isn't a new process. And it's funny because most people complaining in this thread registered in like 2020. You haven't been one year in this forum and you think to know that this forum now, all of a sudden, is going into wild directions. No. It's not. I've been a member for +2.5 years in this forum - there aren't many of us left. And back in January 2019, when I was active in the forum for a few months, I was like: "Oh dang, the forum is changing." Most of my friends started to slowly pass away or leave the forum with the intention to recover and find new meaning life. And it's painful but this is a normal process in this forum.
And in May 2019, I was like: "Oh no, the forum is changing - again!" Buzzfeed wrote an article with smears and slanders about this forum and it was at that moment, that we received the first noticeable backlash from pro-lifers. We had a huge influx of new members, the whole community seemed to be replaced with newbies. It was a hostile environment, people weren't trusting each other, thought the forum would go down and disappear forever. Whatever. It's exactly the same thing that is happening right now with Fixthe26. I see the exact same reactions and there is no reason to be so paranoid.
And in 2020 I was again: "Oh no, the forum is... again changing, oh what a surprise!" Suddenly I see a lot of political content. I see a lot of heated arguments and discussions. I see lack of respect, yeah. But this is a temporary situation. And brace yourself people: there will be MORE change in the future. And new members, that aren't familiar with all the bullshit that has happened in the last 2 years, will think: "Oh no, the apocalypse is here, the forum is changing, we're gonna lose this place". The exact same narrative will be repeated again over and over. No. We're gonna remain, we'll go through all of this garbage together, some of the members will leave because they commit suicide, some people will leave because they go into recovery and some of them will leave because they think the forum is changing for the worse. And some people will stay - maybe I'll be once again, one of them. And it hurts, seeing all of my 2018 friends leave, all of the familiar faces are gone. But that's the premise of this forum. Nobody will be here forever.

Please read my original post. I did not complain about people changing at all, I am aware how sites like this change in visitors. I was not complaining about the members. I was saying that the change in themes etc have caused a lot of confusion for me and I am struggling. Please read my original post before posting an essay that is not relevant to what I (the original poster) was posting about.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
your comment however just made my desire to ctb stronger.
I'm really sorry if that's how it made you feel, but I thought my language was restrained and my tone was reasonable. I never attacked you personally or made any demeaning comments. I only commented because I thought some of your points were slightly unreasonable.
I went through horrific abuse
that is terrible to hear and I'm sorry you had to go through that.
I want to MOVE on with my life. Not just sit here
I think you should try to, I hope you are able to.
but loosing my only form of support in this forum just pushed me
You could try staying on the forum but only engaging with the people you like, use it selectively.

Last edited:
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I'm really sorry if that's how it made you feel, but I thought my language was restrained and my tone was reasonable. I never attacked you personally or made any demeaning comments. I only commented because I thought some of your points were slightly unreasonable.

that is terrible to hear and I'm sorry you had to go through that.

I think you should try to, I hope you are able to.

You could try staying on the forum but only engaging with the people you like, use it selectively.
Thank you for clarifying and the kind words..I hope I can somehow recover. I'm sorry if anything I said was offensive. I think we all got a little upset here. Let's just call it a day and move on from it :)

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Yes I agree with @sadworld , every time we talk you seem like a really cool person. The way you write is beautiful. :hug: :heart:

Totally agree, the new dynamic that users who recently joined is a bit different from the days and months I've signed in. But there are some good people also that just joined.
Hi I am somewhere in the middle, I joined April this year, and like to think I'm an okay person. I don't hate people. I have enough of that crap in my life and background. The world needs more kindnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.