• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
It's all the same. Seasons change people especially in darker countries with loads of clouds and rain because they get Vitamin D from the sun (like the UK). It's all the same shit regardless of season anyway.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Anecdotally, this tracks for me too. April has definitely been worse for me than the winter months. I hate the sunlight, I hate the budding flowers, I hate the warming temperatures, I hate all the people coming out and enjoying their lives under the sun. I just want to be left alone amidst darkness and death.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
For many years I struggled especially with autum.
Now, spring can be so difficult, too. It s the season of awakening and that s so tough if you feel depressed and anxious and just need protection.

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Anecdotally, this tracks for me too. April has definitely been worse for me than the winter months. I hate the sunlight, I hate the budding flowers, I hate the warming temperatures, I hate all the people coming out and enjoying their lives under the sun. I just want to be left alone amidst darkness and death.
I hate having to mow the damn grass.

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I hate the heat and the brightness and it brings out all the people
@divinemistress36 Aww sorry virtual hug
I love the heat because in the UK it is always raining. I do love snow because its so magical and it brings out my inner child.
I read years ago that suicides peak in the spring. My anxiety and depression always peak then. This year has been really bad. Any thoughts on this?
@Ligottian Interesting I have never considered how seasons can effect moods in people.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
For me, it's December and January. Usually the holiday season is the trigger.
Same. Usually November and December. Darkness, holiday season, cold........... hypocrisy about the perfect, loving family everywhere...

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
My "suicide peaks" or the worst time when I wish I was already dead or want to die is induced by external circumstances mainly financials related but has nothing to do with yearly seasons.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
There have been studies on this and while they do confirm that spring time is the most frequent season for suicides, they still haven't been able to figure out why. I've seen theories on people being sad after having so much winter, people not being able to handle the expectation of socializing and being happy because it's summer, and also seasonal changes are rough for humans.

Personally, I have reverse seasonal affective disorder because I hate bright sun, it hurts my eyes, and I don't handle heat very well. It's getting worse every year with climate change as we get less and less winter. I do get suicidal November through December for the holidays, but that's because my family is excessively stressful.

FallenStar

FallenStar

Global Mod
Oct 23, 2021
I haven't delved much into the reason but really my worst moments have always been in spring and summer. For me, I feel that it's due to the noise and heat is more intense at this time and that affects me a lot. I've always been much more suicidal at these times.