torimandy

torimandy

Fear is the mind killer
Aug 3, 2020
Today's transphobic rant and antics of Marjorie Green have served as a catalyst to empower hateful people to verbally and potentially physically attack trans folk. I am currently hiding at home enduring the negative platitudes of passers by. This is one of the most triggering events in recent history and I wish there was a way to hold her responsible. I thought I might be able to move forward, but All of this has moved me to hair trigger mode on catching the stupid bus today. It is difficult to maintain an even keel.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, death137, A Desperate Fool and 11 others
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
I'm so sorry we have to live in a world where we have to fear being who we were born.

As an American (fellow American?), I'm embarrassed by our leaders and what our society has become.

I hope you don't have to live in fear for long and that these Asshats reap what they sow.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@torimandy MTG's actions were disgusting. It was a direct attack on Rep. Newman's daughter. I'm so sick of people in the US attacking the LGBTQ community. Please don't end things over the actions of this ignorant, hateful woman.

Reactions: NeverSatisfied and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
torimandy

torimandy

Fear is the mind killer
Aug 3, 2020
@torimandy MTG's actions were disgusting. It was a direct attack on Rep. Newman's daughter. I'm so sick of people in the US attacking the LGBTQ community. Please don't end things over the actions of this ignorant, hateful woman.
Should have watched the rest of it from the floor. made me ill

Uzera

Uzera

Apr 11, 2020
This kind of shit really triggers me. The last 6 months have seen tons of super transphobic shit and I feel like the haters really came out in full force once biden admin started trying to be supportive of trans people. All the anti trans stuff that has been going on has made me want to kill myself multiple times in the past few months . I can't read the news headlines anymore its like every fucking day now theres some attack on us im fucking sick of it. and mtg I cant stand that bitch. Shes a fucking fascist and her and ilk like her are nothing but pure toxic fucking poison.

I'm so sorry you have to physically deal with bullshit from haters because of this shit. We shouldn't have to worry about basic safety because an entire political party is using us as a fear bludgeon to push their fascist agenda. I see this is kind of an old post sorry if this brings up some shit for you but I thought I should speak my mind. I've been having a lot of trouble lately too with this kind of stuff but not people in real life harrassing me that's not okay at all. that shit with mtg set me off too.

torimandy

torimandy

Fear is the mind killer
Aug 3, 2020
This kind of shit really triggers me. The last 6 months have seen tons of super transphobic shit and I feel like the haters really came out in full force once biden admin started trying to be supportive of trans people. All the anti trans stuff that has been going on has made me want to kill myself multiple times in the past few months . I can't read the news headlines anymore its like every fucking day now theres some attack on us im fucking sick of it. and mtg I cant stand that bitch. Shes a fucking fascist and her and ilk like her are nothing but pure toxic fucking poison.

I'm so sorry you have to physically deal with bullshit from haters because of this shit. We shouldn't have to worry about basic safety because an entire political party is using us as a fear bludgeon to push their fascist agenda. I see this is kind of an old post sorry if this brings up some shit for you but I thought I should speak my mind. I've been having a lot of trouble lately too with this kind of stuff but not people in real life harrassing me that's not okay at all. that shit with mtg set me off too.
Please don't hero worship Biden as he is Catholic before he is president. He has yet to repeal the action that allows an ambulance driver from leaving you in the street if they religiously object to trans. I am here because NOTHING IS REALLY GOING TO CHANGE UNDER BIDEN. I am here because I am 55 years old and Bidens presedency basically means I will never be protected enough to hold a job or be able get my career back. 30% of democrats stand silently with Greene. It's on both sides of the isle.

• Wow
Reactions: Tackingintothewind
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Please don't hero worship Biden as he is Catholic before he is president. He has yet to repeal the action that allows an ambulance driver from leaving you in the street if they religiously object to trans. I am here because NOTHING IS REALLY GOING TO CHANGE UNDER BIDEN. I am here because I am 55 years old and Bidens presedency basically means I will never be protected enough to hold a job or be able get my career back. 30% of democrats stand silently with Greene. It's on both sides of the isle.
I'm not trans, but this is just another reason I'm an atheist. It's sad how religions poison people's minds, how these supposedly good and caring organizations actually perpetuate hate.

• Love
Reactions: Tackingintothewind and torimandy
Uzera

Uzera

Apr 11, 2020
I'm not trying to praise biden honestly. All I was saying was that when he passed that executive order about trans people the attacks on trans people seemed to really ramp up.

• Hugs
Reactions: torimandy