N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
In some cases I don't know how people can go on living. Sometimes I simply don't get it.
But today I watched the news. A Ukrainian young woman maybe 20 or younger described how the war and Russian soldiers have murdered her whole family. She had tears in her eyes and you could see her existential suffering. It was bonescrushing. It must be a true horror movie to experience something like that.
But maybe I was just biased she was very beautiful. I think many humans have such a bias to associate beautiful people with positive character traits which is in fact pretty stupid.

But I also had this opinion about people who did not look that good. It is sometimes astonishing how people can go through life despite so much horrible things happened to them. I am rather the opposite life has broke me and I am just a wreck. Currently I am doing somewhat okay but I see no real hope for an happy end.

It is admirable how people fight to live. How they get strength by different mindsets. I think it is quite unfair. The brains of some people get into self-destruction mode and others people get stronger by enduring suffering. For this Ukrainian woman I am not sure what happens with her. I think a priest helped her to cope. So maybe she finds strength in religion. Personally this does not work for me. But everyone is different.

There is a saying "Everyone's life is a tragedy". I think one could misinterpret that. I think it does not mean everyone suffers equally. Rather we all lose people in our life, we all know unhappiness to a certain degree and we all know that we often cannot have what we want. People who pretend to have everything they want are often not really self-aware or just lying in my opinion. We don't know the story of another person when we meet a stranger this is why we should respect each other. LIfe can be so cruel and we don't know more than the surface when we look at each other. Some people don't like to talk about their pain because they had bad experiences. Sometimes when calm people start to open up we realize that they are going through hell. Though everyone copes differently.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, Nillionaire, onlyanimalsaregood and 6 others
worst.therapist

worst.therapist

Aug 25, 2022
i get you, our society grew with so many stupid ideas, we judge others happiness by how they look, how much they earn, what they are posting on socials...

and looking to this crazy world and setting those parameters is the most ridiculous thing

ur example its perfect, people dying in a war, desperate for peace and relief while others can't handle to talk to people or leave bed

when society (or most of it) look to them, the first thing they gonna think is the second one is a 'lazy and weak' human being

we can't use the same parameters to judge different tragedys or people

world's indeed a unfair place, we people, shouldn't :S

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, sufferingalways, waitingforrest and 2 others
IfyouareamanWinston

IfyouareamanWinston

Student
Aug 22, 2022
The slightest inconvenience got me fucked up sometimes.

But I am also hardier then others in some regards. When it comes to work or cleaning the house or other things one would not enjoy or want to do. I never complain I just do it. My roommates had a meeting the other day about the chores and purchases for the house. They literally spent 45 minutes crying and arguing about how to divide up the 4 task that I don't already do and refuse to be responsible for since I do 90% of the chores. One of those things was cleaning the downstairs bathroom (which I do not use at all which is why I don't clean it). Its funny how I clean the main bathroom (with tub), the kitchen, the living room and mop and sweep downstairs every week and these 4 guys cannot get it together to decide who should sweep the stairs going outside and clean out the toaster oven once a month XD

Made me realize that 'mentally healthy' people are really just bitches that have never experienced anything remotely bad to put their life into context.

Reactions: makethepainstop and Celerity
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
I also don't understand how people continue to live under those circumstances. What is happening in Iran is breaking my heart and yet people are fighting. I honestly would just CTB or die fighting

Reactions: Extreme Hell