N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020

This is an interview the president of the International Committee of the Red Cross. It is in German I have not watched it fully yet. She seems to a genuinely good person. Extremely kind and compassionate. However she looks like she is in a lot of pain. To be honest in this interview she looks like she is on Prozac, in therapy and maybe clinically depressed. She is highly sympathic, empathetic and inspirational. But I think I would not do the job if it lets me experience so much pain. She explains in her job she is responsible to allocate funding and resources between the poorest people on the planet. She regularly meets people in extreme pain and agony who she cannot help. Hundred thousands has she met personally. (I think she was in such a region.)

She seems to extremely educated and highly intelligent. I have the feeling for herself this job is hell. She is very much into philsophy. She could easily have a so so much better life / life quality. Still she does not surrender and fights to help other people. On the one hand that is admirable but the personal price she pays for that is probably pretty high.

However I don't know that much of her. Maybe she had a very bad day when she gave that interview. But you see it even in her facial expression and body language that she does not feel comfortable. I feel sorry for her. But she is a very strong woman.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Kit1