• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Sodium N is very salty, gross. How would you get rid of this bad taste?

Reactions: Cyanide
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
Maybe something like this could help mask the taste? Though, you only have to drink 50-100 ml of it depending on the dosage, right? It should probably be fine as long as you drink all of it in one go.

Some people decide to put the nitrite in capsules rather than drink it. I don't know if it's as effective or if there any other downsides, though. Philip Nitschke says to put it in water, although I haven't heard him explicitly warning against taking it in pill form.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAIO and Cyanide
DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
Maybe something like this could help mask the taste? Though, you only have to drink 50-100 ml of it depending on the dosage, right? It should probably be fine as long as you drink all of it in one go.

Some people decide to put the nitrite in capsules rather than drink it. I don't know if it's as effective or if there any other downsides, though. Philip Nitschke says to put it in water, although I haven't heard him explicitly warning against taking it in pill form.

If you do this be careful. A friend of mine spent time putting SN in capsules and got really sick from all the contact with it. Also, don't do it too long beforehand. I've heard SN can make the gel capsule deteriorate.

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
I mean, it is a salt. You had to expect it. Personally I plan to deal with the taste, but you could try putting some of that powdered/liquid juice addictives (crystal light, mio, etc) or maybe add some lemon juice to give it a more appealing flavour.

Like OfficerK said you can do it in capsule form also. It will take a bit longer to take affect and you could end up sick in the process of putting the SN in the capsules.

D

DeathIsTheSolution

May 19, 2018
I mean, it is a salt. You had to expect it. Personally I plan to deal with the taste, but you could try putting some of that powdered/liquid juice addictives (crystal light, mio, etc) or maybe add some lemon juice to give it a more appealing flavour.

Like OfficerK said you can do it in capsule form also. It will take a bit longer to take affect and you could end up sick in the process of putting the SN in the capsules.

And whilst swallowing one after another, you might end up regretting it or something. I dont know. If you're taking 15g of nitrite, that's 15 capsules (size 00). That's a lot of capsules.

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
And whilst swallowing one after another, you might end up regretting it or something. I dont know. If you're taking 15g of nitrite, that's 15 capsules (size 00). That's a lot of capsules.

It doesn't matter if you regret it with SN. SN is reversible. If you try to commit with it and call 911, you will live.

D

DeathIsTheSolution

May 19, 2018
It doesn't matter if you regret it with SN. SN is reversible. If you try to commit with it and call 911, you will live.

I just meant if you're swallowing the capsules, you have more time to think. I guess it doesn't matter either way though.

O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
15-20g mixed in 150-175ml of water. I have prescribed antiemetics and painkillers I will take 30 minutes before.
Were your antiemetics prescribed for unrelated actual nausea? If not, would you mind sharing how you got your doctor to prescribe them?

Also - why 150-175 ml and not 75-100 ml?

D

DeathIsTheSolution

May 19, 2018
15-20g mixed in 150-175ml of water. I have prescribed antiemetics and painkillers I will take 30 minutes before.

How fucked am I without anti emetics? People have died without taking anti emetics too.

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
Were your antiemetics prescribed for unrelated actual nausea? If not, would you mind sharing how you got your doctor to prescribe them?

Also - why 150-175 ml and not 75-100 ml?

They were already prescribed to me due to a medical issue. I have no info on how to get them without technically needing them.

75-100ml is the reccomended water amount for 10g. I am doing 15-20g so am increasing the water amount to make it easier to drink.

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
How fucked am I without anti emetics? People have died without taking anti emetics too.

It depends on if you can handle the flavour and if your stomach can handle it the amount of SN you're ingesting.

PPeH says puking is unlikely, but from what I've read on SN poisoning and other people's experiences extreme nausea happens and often vomitting.

I would recommend trying to get your hands on some antiemetics.

O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
They were already prescribed to me due to a medical issue. I have no info on how to get them without technically needing them.

75-100ml is the reccomended water amount for 10g. I am doing 15-20g so am increasing the water amount to make it easier to drink.
Are you sure about that? I think Nitschke recommends 50 ml for 10mg and 75-100 in the talk that was posted in the sodium nitrite thread. I can't check nor link it right now, sorry. Could be that it has no adverse effects, idk.

D

DeathIsTheSolution

May 19, 2018
It depends on if you can handle the flavour and if your stomach can handle it the amount of SN you're ingesting.

PPeH says puking is unlikely, but from what I've read on SN poisoning and other people's experiences extreme nausea happens and often vomitting.

I would recommend trying to get your hands on some antiemetics.

I went to the GP two weeks ago to get prescribed but she told me it wasn't needed and I gave up. I told her I experience motion sickness.

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
Are you sure about that? I think Nitschke recommends 50 ml for 10mg and 75-100 in the talk that was posted in the sodium nitrite thread. I can't check nor link it right now, sorry. Could be that it has no adverse effects, idk.

I think my choice of water amount is good. Lol

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
I went to the GP two weeks ago to get prescribed but she told me it wasn't needed and I gave up. I told her I experience motion sickness.

You can try dramamine or Emetrol if you are desperate, but they are OTC and probably wouldn't work well.

Motion sickness isn't enough to get the kind of antiemetics you need. You can just use dramamine for that, not surprised she wouldn't prescribe you anything.

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
If you do this be careful. A friend of mine spent time putting SN in capsules and got really sick from all the contact with it. Also, don't do it too long beforehand. I've heard SN can make the gel capsule deteriorate.

I originally put it in gel casples but some of them deteriorated, stuck together so I said screw it. I don't think you should be able to get sick from being in reasonable contact with it. It is in food after all and your body does not adsorb through skin contact.

DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
I originally put it in gel casples but some of them deteriorated, stuck together so I said screw it. I don't think you should be able to get sick from being in reasonable contact with it. It is in food after all and your body does not adsorb through skin contact.

He is a close friend and he actually got sick from handling it too much. He even had a post on SS about it when it was still up. It's possible he was allergic to it, but it's still something to take into consideration.

Reactions: Cyanide and MAIO
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
He is a close friend and he actually got sick from handling it too much. He even had a post on SS about it when it was still up. It's possible he was allergic to it, but it's still something to take into consideration.

I looked up the data sheet information etc. It said accidentally inhaling or ingesting may get you sick so you should wear a mask but it can not get you sick you skin. It's also not combustible but enhances fire etc. (that would give off a poisonous gas)

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018

I would defintly use bigger casplese 15 is ridiculous

Haave you heard the song I choose death? I ask becuase your name is death is the solution.

D

DeathIsTheSolution

May 19, 2018
I would defintly use bigger casplese 15 is ridiculous

Haave you heard the song I choose death? I ask becuase your name is death is the solution.

The other capsules are too big. Might be difficult to swallow the bigger ones. Are you still using capsules?

Last edited:
D

DeathIsTheSolution

May 19, 2018
Apparently nitrite causes stomach cancer. It's a death sentence even if I end up surviving.