• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018
So, I've been trying to get things in order. One of the things that bugs me is that I've contributed into social security for so many years and if I go — it's all for naught.

I thought to myself — what about getting married to my partner so that they could claim survivor benefits?

Did some research and this is what I found:

1. Must be married for over 9 months before survivor benefits can be paid
2. It does provide a survivor a multitude of financial options that might be leveraged so as to get something for all the money I put into the system
3. And here's the kicker — there are no survivor benefits for deaths that are other than "accidental" — without gettting into the minutiae, suicide will prohibit someone collecting survivor benefits on your account.

Not necessarily looking for feedback (yes, I already know it's bullshit) but wanted to help educate others.

I may consider other ways to CTB because it's a pretty sizable financial benefit for someone I love.

Reactions: Kira, El Topo, dano6533 and 4 others
FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
Shit, that sucks. My parents are dependent on Social Security. Thankfully, they're married, so when my Dad dies, my Mom will have something. He's blown all of their other savings, so Social Security is it.

It's completely unfair that they block non-accidental deaths. How is a suicide the spouse's fault?

Reactions: dano6533 and FakeNews