• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
My last contract job ended last year, since then I've applied to hundreds of jobs and can get nothing. Universal credit doesn't pay enough to survive so I have to rely on savings. Months keep passing and I just can't get work. There's no help out there either. It is a pathetic situation to be put in.

Funny the newspapers talk about low unemployment or people not wanting to work anymore. Every time I go to the jobcentre, it's full of jobdodgers. I feel so alone. Where are the jobs!??

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
My last contract job ended last year, since then I've applied to hundreds of jobs and can get nothing. Universal credit doesn't pay enough to survive so I have to rely on savings. Months keep passing and I just can't get work. There's no help out there either. It is a pathetic situation to be put in.

Funny the newspapers talk about low unemployment or people not wanting to work anymore. Every time I go to the jobcentre, it's full of jobdodgers. I feel so alone. Where are the jobs!??
I don't know what your skills, experience, education and so on is but have you ever thought of making your own company? It might be a possibility, but depending on where you live you'd maybe have to have starting funds for that, not where I live though. I understand your frustration, I remember how I felt when I applied for 200 jobs and got rejected from all of them, I made a Excel spreadsheet for every job I applied for and tracked the whole thing, it was depressive and terrible, but I refused to give up and ended up with 5 job offers eventually after 3 months.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Why do you call them "jobdodgers"? They could be in a similar situation to you. You're saying you can't find work, but they can?

S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
I don't know what your skills, experience, education and so on is but have you ever thought of making your own company? It might be a possibility, but depending on where you live you'd maybe have to have starting funds for that, not where I live though. I understand your frustration, I remember how I felt when I applied for 200 jobs and got rejected from all of them, I made a Excel spreadsheet for every job I applied for and tracked the whole thing, it was depressive and terrible, but I refused to give up and ended up with 5 job offers eventually after 3 months.
No, no platform to make that possible. And my own spreadsheet is reaching 500. It's horrible
Why do you call them "jobdodgers"? They could be in a similar situation to you. You're saying you can't find work, but they can?
These aren't those kinds of people, they're the ones in tracksuits making cringe bullshit excuses or getting manhandled out the building by security. There's people with barriers to work, then there are the idiots who straight up refuse, unfortunately they do exist.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: lionetta12
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
No, no platform to make that possible. And my own spreadsheet is reaching 500. It's horrible

These aren't those kinds of people, they're the ones in tracksuits making cringe bullshit excuses or getting manhandled out the building by security. There's people with barriers to work, then there are the idiots who straight up refuse, unfortunately they do exist.

You have applied to five hundred jobs and have not been hired? In what country and what profession are you interested in working? It's time for a honey jar spell!

Reactions: The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023

I am currently waiting to get universal credit. Been waiting 7 weeks now. I used to work as a truck driver, but my concentration is very bad now. Too dangerous to drive a huge truck anymore. I'm currently homeless and living on the pittance I managed to save up before I had to leave my job. The cost of living in the UK is highest in Europe. Like you say: where are the jobs ? It's frightening.

Reactions: Applenova204
A

Applenova204

-
May 16, 2023
I am currently waiting to get universal credit. Been waiting 7 weeks now. I used to work as a truck driver, but my concentration is very bad now. Too dangerous to drive a huge truck anymore. I'm currently homeless and living on the pittance I managed to save up before I had to leave my job. The cost of living in the UK is highest in Europe. Like you say: where are the jobs ? It's frightening.
Life is evil and so are the fucking job boards and job sites which are fake. These fucking recruiters online don't give a shit and you apply and apply with no success. Even the interview stage is Barbaric. Curse these people.