Crest33

Crest33

Sheet slinger
Nov 28, 2018
Dumb question but I'm curious, what would happen if you took both? Would they counteract each other in any way?
No idea. But i doubt there are people with both. I'm not really sure about the mixing because there's already so little information about ctb attempts of sn of n. Mixing them you just take a gamble without knowing what will happen.
I might actually have both soon. But that's a different story.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and Circles
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I'm not sure if this is on topic but this is an interesting video that shows what it is like to be in a low oxygen environment. I hope it is relevant to your inquiry and will help assuage any fears you may have. The dude really has no idea that his brain is basically shutting down. Look at his grin!

*Edit: skip to the 4 minute mark if you're impatient like me :)

Wow
I'm not sure if this is on topic but this is an interesting video that shows what it is like to be in a low oxygen environment. I hope it is relevant to your inquiry and will help assuage any fears you may have. The dude really has no idea that his brain is basically shutting down. Look at his grin!

*Edit: skip to the 4 minute mark if you're impatient like me :)

This is honestly like an epiphany for me. Wow. I am both happy and grateful to admit I was wrong to doubt the effects of oxygen deprivation. Amazing video, indisputable reactions.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap, Fernweh and 1 other person
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
This is honestly like an epiphany for me. Wow. I am both happy and grateful to admit I was wrong to doubt the effects of oxygen deprivation. Amazing video, indisputable reactions.
For me, too.

Just to be cautious, I would point out two things:

1) The subject did not reach the point of unconsciousness, so we can't know whether the effects become dramatically less pleasant at that point. BUT, it is clear that death was quite close for him, and so he at least wouldn't have had much time to experience anything unpleasant.

2) They show a long list of possible reactions to hypoxia, of which the two test subjects experience very different selections. While the one fellow's euphoria was pretty encouraging, and the other fellow's grey-out/tunnel vision wasn't too bad, if you pause the video you'll see there are some pretty unpleasant ones on the list, too.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and gingerplum
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
For me, too.

Just to be cautious, I would point out two things:

1) The subject did not reach the point of unconsciousness, so we can't know whether the effects become dramatically less pleasant at that point. BUT, it is clear that death was quite close for him, and so he at least wouldn't have had much time to experience anything unpleasant.

2) They show a long list of possible reactions to hypoxia, of which the two test subjects experience very different selections. While the one fellow's euphoria was pretty encouraging, and the other fellow's grey-out/tunnel vision wasn't too bad, if you pause the video you'll see there are some pretty unpleasant ones on the list, too.
Ok, Tired Horse. I know you're playing Devil's Advocate. I actually love that, but as last long as I'm still here, the position is filled. So. 1) I don't think there's any reason to think their reactions would've become less pleasant. Continued pleasant diverging into unpleasant doesn't make sense, and 2) I have seen a lot of actual clinical hypoxia. A lot. 70% makes me feel panicky, as that is rare and not compatible with human life for long. It's always, always the same reaction: drowsy, complacent confusion.

In fact, the reaction to hypoxia is essentially similar to another reaction that gives me pause for thought: hypoglycemia. An insulin OD might be worth investigating as a ctb method. I'll look into it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Right on, Gingerplum!

I'm just an EMT, so I'll bow to your RN experience and thank you for the follow up. As you are aware, I intend to ctb with eb/N2, so I am betting, confidently, that you are correct. And I'll add that my three flinches thus far have all given the same symptoms: tingling in my hands and a greying out of the edges of my vision. Not at all uncomfortable.

I suppose I'm not so much playing Devil's Advocate as anticipating more of the frightened comments that I've seen here of reported convulsions and agony with eb/ig asphyxiation. Are those reactions possible? I suppose they must be, and the list in that video includes some unpleasant effects, but I expect they're very rare and have more to do with inadequately addressing the risk of hypercapnic alarm then any response to the actual hypoxia.

I do hope my post did not imply I recommended against the technique, or thought it wouldn't be peaceful. I feel quite the opposite on both counts.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap, Crest33 and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I ser
Right on, Gingerplum!

I'm just an EMT, so I'll bow to your RN experience and thank you for the follow up. As you are aware, I intend to ctb with eb/N2, so I am betting, confidently, that you are correct. And I'll add that my three flinches thus far have all given the same symptoms: tingling in my hands and a greying out of the edges of my vision. Not at all uncomfortable.

I suppose I'm not so much playing Devil's Advocate as anticipating more of the frightened comments that I've seen here of reported convulsions and agony with eb/ig asphyxiation. Are those reactions possible? I suppose they must be, and the list in that video includes some unpleasant effects, but I expect they're very rare and have more to do with inadequately addressing the risk of hypercapnic alarm then any response to the actual hypoxia.

I do hope my post did not imply I recommended against the technique, or thought it wouldn't be peaceful. I feel quite the opposite on both counts.
I seriously wanna respond like I know what "eb" is, and I don't. I am always the first to admit I don't know what I'm talking about, or I'm out of my depth, and here I am . Yo, what's eb?

Also, don't ever refer to yourselves as "just an EMT"... I do not have the guts, the fortitude, or the backbone to do what you guys do on a good day. Seriously.

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
I wish "agony" was objective. If its not as bad as some kidney stones I can deal with it
Isn't 24 horus excessive ? It's about an empty stomach and empty small intestines, isn't it ?

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I seriously wanna respond like I know what "eb" is, and I don't. I am always the first to admit I don't know what I'm talking about, or I'm out of my depth, and here I am . Yo, what's eb?
Sorry; eb = exit bag.

I got out of fire service because I hated the EMT part. I loved firefighting, vehicle extrication, and high/low angle rescue, but I dreaded the medical calls. The feeling of helplessness to actually fix anything was more than I could handle.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Sorry; eb = exit bag.

I got out of fire service because I hated the EMT part. I loved firefighting, vehicle extrication, and high/low angle rescue, but I dreaded the medical calls. The feeling of helplessness to actually fix anything was more than I could handle.
My
Sorry; eb = exit bag.

Gah, I'm trying to keep up. I do understand what you're saying.