• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

H_K_A

Jan 8, 2020
Hi, every possible antacid (Tagamet, Milk of magnesia, Rennie etc.) will need prescription in my country. The only option is Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) as antacid. Should I go for bicarbonate as antacid?

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Stan said it's good. I don't know. I wouldn't trust it, myself.

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I tried a search and didn't see Stan making any reference to it, or was it in a PM ?

My thought would be to not use it. It was removed from the PPH for some reason.....
Antacid is not essential.

Are you not able to order anything online ?

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
We discussed it, but I thought it was also in his guide? Unsure.

I just looked myself. He might have removed it. Weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quarky00
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
@k75 , @jgm63 , was confused about this too . Guide mentions "general anatacids" but not specifics . Then found this --

Taking a mild otc antacid. Why not? Going to do no harm, no other meds to conflict

I don't like that answer though ... *

~ ~ ~

was removed from the PPH
Stan says PPH overdo acid issue --
The antacid is there primarily to stop the conversion of SN into other chemical compounds.The minimum dose now recommended (20gm of SN) is well over twice the amount needed to kill you. Even if your stomach converted 1gm of SN into something else, there is a huge amount of SN left to give you the desired effect. So if antacid is a real concern, then don't.

It was removed because acid-regulators (as opposed to anti-acid) work better in general, preventing acid beforehand. They do not interact with digestion/medication in the stomach. Some medications have contraindication to some antacids. Nothing serious but why increase discomfort. That's is why I did not like Stan's answer.

* Blasphemy!!! I will take 50 lashes

Reactions: Egddios
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
@k75 , @jgm63 , was confused about this too . Guide mentions "general anatacids" but not specifics . Then found this --

I don't like that answer though ... *

~ ~ ~

Stan says PPH overdo acid issue --

It was removed because acid-regulators (as opposed to anti-acid) work better in general, preventing acid beforehand. They do not interact with digestion/medication in the stomach. Some medications have contraindication to some antacids. Nothing serious but why increase discomfort. That's is why I did not like Stan's answer.

* Blasphemy!!! I will take 50 lashes

This is why I asked him to be more specific in that section. I was afraid it would be too vague and confusing. He didn't want to list names for fear of confusing people in other countries. Kinda backfired, I think.

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
This is why I asked him to be more specific in that section. I was afraid it would be too vague and confusing. He didn't want to list names for fear of confusing people in other countries. Kinda backfired, I think.
Yeah.. On the other hand he was right, can't mention 1000s (!) brands... However, I would love few ingredients to look for, like he gave Mag. Not sure confusing brands was the only concern -- on the same thread he was already tackled by "magnesium may interfere with my medication". I think this was a quagmire he was smart not to get into ;)

Stan is like reading scriptures .. That's just biblical interpretation.

Reactions: k75
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Well
Yeah.. On the other hand he was right, can't mention 1000s (!) brands... However, I would love few ingredients to look for, like he gave Mag. Not sure confusing brands was the only concern -- on the same thread he was already tackled by "magnesium may interfere with my medication". I think this was a quagmire he was smart not to get into ;)

Stan is like reading scriptures .. That's just biblical interpretation.
Well, I just suggested he list things like Cimetidine and Ranitidine. The most popular ones. And be specific about what is least recommended. But oh well.

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Well, I just suggested he list things like Cimetidine and Ranitidine. The most popular ones. And be specific about what is least recommended. But oh well.
Yeah, true. This info was missing. There aren't many H2 acid-regulators anyway... He eventually put Ranitidine in the thread.

(problems of interactions and brands were in reference to antacids not regulators:)

Reactions: k75
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Yeah, true. This info was missing. There aren't many H2 acid-regulators anyway... He eventually put Ranitidine in the thread.

(problems of interactions and brands were in reference to antacids not regulators:)
Yeah, we talked about the antacids too. That was just too vague.

Sorry if I'm scattered. I'm not well today and in the middle of a test at the hospital. My mind is a little fuzzy.

• Hugs
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Hope you're doing okay :hug:

Your 'fuzzy mode' still better than most! :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and k75