• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

Idon'tknowwhattodo

Dec 3, 2022
Hi all,

I'm interested in the SN method. I found a website that sells some type of SN but I'm not sure if it is the right type. I'm especially concerned about the product specifications listing the solubility as 46% in water at 20 celsius degrees. The product is just called sodium nitrite, minimum 99% purity. Is this the right type of SN?

Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
Hi there, welcome to the community.
I'm not an expert but did a quick research with discordant results: some datasheets say water solubility (20°C) to be 450g/l, some others say 820g/l, others don't even mention it.
I don't know if solubility values are of concern, hopefully you'll get other answers.
Generally speaking, the most common mistakes people make when buying is getting nitrate (NaNO3) ​instead of nitrite (NaNO₂), or buying what is commonly referred to as "Prague powder", which is a mixture of salt with a little % of SN, which is useless.

Other values to correctly identify SN are:
# CAS: 7632-00-0
Molecular mass: 69,00 g/mol
pH: approx 9
Melting point: 271°C
Boiling point: 320°C

As far as purity goes, you need it to be minimum 95%, so yours should be good. Both food grade and lab grade are good as long as they match this value, although I would personally prefer to get some Lab grade (i.e. AGR = Analytical Grade) from a reputable chemical manufacturer. Moreover, you might want to test your product once you have it (plenty of infos using the search bar).
If you want you can post the full specifications you've come across but please, do not share website names, company names or logos as it's obviously forbidden on the forum.
Also, If you have an image with such specs you can post it but you must erase such info before posting.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: juststitches, wildbluekiss, i would like to and 3 others