Wingspan

Wingspan

Jun 21, 2020
Some people just have lower pain tolerance, average might say it's a 4-6/10 pain, people with higher pain tolerance would have no problem with it. If you're not used to pain, any method will be painful. Just focus on your will to ctb, the pain will be over soon before you know it.
I definitely have low pain tolerance, just another aspect of having general (comparitive to most humans) oversensitivity. I did try to focus on it in the moment, I was entirely rational, but I'm still a slave to instincts - which upon re-assuring myself of, made me feel even more lucid determined to die. Even when I know it's the logical thing to do, my instincts inhibit me.
would you do it again? if so what would you change ?
I'd only do the SN method again if it was absolutely necessary, it likely will be, but it will have to be a point where I'm emotionally driven to the point where I can surmount my instincts effectively. The issue is I have to book hotels, since I live with family - and usually by the time I arrive at the hotel I'm far too comfortable, which is exactly what I don't want. What I'd need to do is ensure that I perfectly take all the ingredients at the right time, getting the interval time between each as precise as possible. The other thing I'd change is that I'd not write a note, or if I did (which I likely won't) I will write them before leaving to go to the hotel. I get too carried away with the whole delusional deriving of meaning from the situation, even when I try to distance myself with the hollywood-ised connotations of suicide I can't entirely escape the ritualistic cultural aspects of it. I just need to treat it as what it is, a rational decision to end my capacity to value and suffer. An effective escape plan must be rid of all convolution.
She's probably too scared. Anxiety people generally have stronger SI. That's why i strongly suggest taking benzos if you have anxiety or low pain tolerance.
I took paracetomol beforehand, though maybe not early enough. If I had acess to benzos I would consider them. I'm not a particularly anxious person, just very caged by instinct (which I guess is exactly what anxiety is, instinctual suffering on the being for the sole purpose of attempting to keep them alive. But my point is that I'm not anxious in a clinical sense). Thanks for the recommendation.

Reactions: mightypabster and blueclover_.
Starryeyes

Starryeyes

Experienced
Sep 22, 2021
im also a bit scared of sn and the racing heart thing plus nausea, I've seen a live ctb and sn was used, it didn't look peaceful at all, nonetheless sn is a realiable method from what I've seen.. still i don't want to feel very nauseous and like my heart is racing:/ i still respect those who found their method and won't argue, im quite sensitive so i prefer a 9/10 10/10 peacefulness method
That's why adding propranolol helps. It slows down the heart
That sounds very scary. I suffer from anxiety and the racing heart is already bad as is on a regular day.
I am prescribed propranolol for my anxiety. It really does help

Reactions: littlelungs, Robyn and blueclover_.
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
The observed cases do not take more than 20 minutes to unconsciousness and no one has said that they were horrified, only vomiting, shortness of breath and that's it. The cases that failed or received help had no sequelae. I admit that you have to have the courage to take it, but cyanide is much more painful, even if it takes 3 to 5 minutes.

Reactions: mightypabster, Robyn and blueclover_.
deathgripsme

deathgripsme

There is another world
Oct 26, 2021
That's why adding propranolol helps. It slows down the heart

I am prescribed propranolol for my anxiety. It really does help
Thank God I ordered it yesterday seems essential for someone like me

Reactions: mightypabster, cherubrock, Yogobro298 and 2 others
_elliott

_elliott

sweet adeline.
Apr 24, 2021
  • Aww..
Reactions: little helpers and mightypabster
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
oh, trust me, you're going to choke and gag with SN too.
Not suffocating though (take propranolol if you can't tolerate nausea). The taste of nasty things don't trigger a gag reflex for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starryeyes
_elliott

_elliott

sweet adeline.
Apr 24, 2021
So you actually felt like you were suffocating? :aw:
yeah, i would say so. for me it was like.. no matter how much air i breathed in it wasn't enough

• Aww..
  • Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: RABITIA, Wrennie, Broadland and 1 other person
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
yeah, i would say so. for me it was like.. no matter how much air i breathed in it wasn't enough
That's why you're supposed to take beta-blockers (propranolol). It was a sip test and you didn't actually want to die, right?

Yogobro298

Yogobro298

Oct 13, 2021
I'm glad this thread it exists it mentally prepares me

Reactions: Ψ YearZero Ψ and blueclover_.
S

supermario

Experienced
Oct 21, 2021
That's why you're supposed to take beta-blockers (propranolol). It was a sip test and you didn't actually want to die, right?

Beta blockers help with the fast heart beats (I've tried it), though not sure about shortness of breath though.

Reactions: justsayin
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
Beta blockers help with the fast heart beats (I've tried it), though not sure about shortness of breath though.
The nausea is induced by anxiety which is caused by tachycardia. Taking propranolol prevents tachycardia, thus preventing anxiety-induced nausea.

Reactions: little helpers
9kevinngannou

9kevinngannou

Oct 28, 2021
Does anybody know if the body get convulsions & do you make choking sounds with SN, after you become uncounscious?

L

Lifessocruel

Aug 23, 2021
Not suffocating though (take propranolol if you can't tolerate nausea). The taste of nasty things don't trigger a gag reflex for me.
Propranolol speeds the whole process up considerably, time taken to unconscious ect because your heart is slowed down when it needs to beat faster to make up for the lack of oxygen in your blood.

Reactions: little helpers, liberty_222, PeacefulTonic and 2 others
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
Propranolol speeds the whole process up considerably, time taken to unconscious ect because your heart is slowed down when it needs to beat faster to make up for the lack of oxygen in your blood.
This. I think it's as important as antacid.

Reactions: liberty_222 and PeacefulTonic
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
When I was attempting ctb and planned to take SN, I mostly followed the regimine. The higher doses of propranolol are so intense I could hardly move from the bed, my body felt extremely shaky and weak. I am really scared next time for the combination of that and the tachycardia from SN, as if it will counter the propranolol.

• Hugs
Reactions: mightypabster, Wrennie and persimmontea
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
When I was attempting ctb and planned to take SN, I mostly followed the regimine. The higher doses of propranolol are so intense I could hardly move from the bed, my body felt extremely shaky and weak. I am really scared next time for the combination of that and the tachycardia from SN, as if it will counter the propranolol.
Dd u follw regme bt bck out b4 takng s.n....

S

supermario

Experienced
Oct 21, 2021

How much prop did you take? I think the recommended amount is 800mg mixed in with SN.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Dd u follw regme bt bck out b4 takng s.n....
I backed out before taking SN because I was very ill from all the medication and fasting (Meto, Propranolol, Cocodamol, ibs medicine, and I believe I took diazepam as well which added to the dizziness) and someone I trusted called the police on me.

I believe I took around 1/4 of what is reccomended by the PPH but it had a very strong effect on me I assume due to my low weight and preexisting health conditions.

• Hugs
Reactions: mightypabster and demuic
Broadland

Broadland

Philosophical zombie
Nov 2, 2021
That sounds really similar to my severe hypoglycemic episodes. It's not a nice feeling, but at least if I took even the tiniest amount of sugar I'd recover within minutes.
Also when you experience hypoglycemia a lot you tend to get used or go numb to most of the symptoms, which is why I wouldn't notice it until it got that bad sometimes.
It would really suck if my brain's used to running on less oxygen and so I'd suffer gasping for air but not get enough of it for 30 minutes or much longer before I'd hopefully pass out when I ctb.
Also I'm not sure if it was psychological. but just touching the SN bag with my bare hands was enough to give me a slight shortness of breath and even a mild headache within a few minutes of touching it.
It happened twice, once when I took it out for the first time, and then when I moved it in my closet to keep it stored safely and out of sight.
It took about 30 mins to go away. Idk if I'm just really sensitive to it or it was just anxiety.

Choco

Choco

Tired
Nov 11, 2021
y'know what, this is my method. When I do it, if it hurts, I'll say it here.

• Hugs
Reactions: little helpers and mightypabster
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
I think that's the purpose so that your SI won't kick in and you just have to lie in bed losing consciousness.
y'know what, this is my method. When I do it, if it hurts, I'll say it here.
Make sure you take painkillers if you're not used to pain.

blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
That sounds really similar to my severe hypoglycemic episodes. It's not a nice feeling, but at least if I took even the tiniest amount of sugar I'd recover within minutes.
Also when you experience hypoglycemia a lot you tend to get used or go numb to most of the symptoms, which is why I wouldn't notice it until it got that bad sometimes.
It would really suck if my brain's used to running on less oxygen and so I'd suffer gasping for air but not get enough of it for 30 minutes or much longer before I'd hopefully pass out when I ctb.
Also I'm not sure if it was psychological. but just touching the SN bag with my bare hands was enough to give me a slight shortness of breath and even a mild headache within a few minutes of touching it.
It happened twice, once when I took it out for the first time, and then when I moved it in my closet to keep it stored safely and out of sight.
It took about 30 mins to go away. Idk if I'm just really sensitive to it or it was just anxiety.
Sounds like anxiety since you didn't even come to hand-to-hand contact with the SN. No possibility of accidentally breathing it.

Reactions: little helpers and PeacefulTonic
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
@Bot can you please tell us in more detail
It's just nausea and anxiety. Tachycardia and dizziness. It's to be expected if you read the guide.

Reactions: mightypabster and PeacefulTonic
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
Newcomers, please read this. You need other drugs too to make SN peaceful. SN is not N. Read Stan's Guide.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: PeacefulTonic, little helpers, demuic and 1 other person