greatgooglymoogly

greatgooglymoogly

Dec 1, 2023
I'll initiate the DM, don't worry. I have the option for others to start conversations with me disabled since I used to be asked a lot for SN sources.

I am fine now, all of that happened in September. I am still bothered by the failure as I can't get SN easily anymore due to being on suicide watch by my family and having my money managed now, and the aftermath of my attempt is lessening the quality of my life which is equally as bothersome.
Hey, I'd like to dm about your attempt if you're still fine with that. Not going to harass for a source, dw. This acc is new but I used to be yeahokbuddyboy; maybe you recall seeing me.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Wait so as for your stats, is the 83% for overall including both men and women with 89% being for men who consume sn with the intent to ctb end up succeeding.
Precisely. From Vizzy's SN bible: "44/53 of those that took it on purpose died (89% of men died, 67% of women, but the sample size for women was smaller) Even 57% of those that were hospitalized died"

Vizzy's SN bible

the research/review of SN suicide cases

Put differently, about 1 in 5 people fail; 1 in 10 men will fail and a little more than 2 out of 5 women will fail.

There's no statistics on gender nonconforming people unfortunately.

The reasons for this gender difference are speculation, but probably due to methodological errors in following protocol rather than metabolic differences, for example (women usually metabolize drugs quicker regardless). I hypothesize that women are more likely to contact emergency services due to social norms that expect men to not seek help, comparatively. Likewise, women may use smaller doses.

Anyone who follows the protocol to a T is probably looking at around 10-20% odds of failure, based on this information and a bit of speculation.

Beyond methodological issues, there's probably around a 10 to 20th percentile of the population who are hypersensitive to vomiting from SN with a relatively low blood concentration, inducing vomiting early enought o not absorb a lethal dose, is my guess.

Where did you find these statistics/what is your source?
See above :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65988

Precisely. From Vizzy's SN bible: "44/53 of those that took it on purpose died (89% of men died, 67% of women, but the sample size for women was smaller) Even 57% of those that were hospitalized died"
Ah I completely forgot about this. I remember which article this was in reference to though. Still quite interesting that 57% were hospitalized but still died.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Ah I completely forgot about this. I remember which article this was in reference to though. Still quite interesting that 57% were hospitalized but still died.
Certainly. It's also reassuring that only 20% of those who failed reported any pain, with headaches being the most common.

I'm always afraid of stomach pain, but only one person of that 20% figure experienced stomach pain.

It's a bit of a shot in the dark and failures, adverse reactions, etc. are possible, but it gives me hope that the odds are relatively in my favour.

It's not without risk unfortunately and I think the praise this method has received has sometimes overshadowed the inherent risk, however. Those who have failed and share their experiences are important reminders of this fact.

"The facts are always friendly" -Carl Rogers

We just have to weigh the pros and cons for ourselves. That's what this forum is about; empowering people to make an informed decision with access to this sort of information

Reactions: Sid19 and Teleftaía Anapnoí
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
53 people is a relatively small sample, the percentage may significantly differ on 200+ random people.
208 deaths from 220 attempts of H2S poisoning looks like a more solid statistics

dreamingofrest

dreamingofrest

so, so tired
Nov 7, 2023
This is really interesting information, for some reason I figured most people hospitalized would survive because there are treatments.
The gender difference is quite interesting as well… it probably is indeed because of likelihood of getting help sooner (by calling emergency services or be found by someone).

A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
My heart isn't even made for this shit, losing so many people. I most likely lost a good friend of mine yesterday, he used SN. I'm not sure whether or not he called the ambulance, he did mention that he'd do it before he fell unconscious but i'm still unsure. My selfish self is hoping he did actually call them and he's doing fine rn... His death is affecting me very negatively it's pushing me to attempting again, I can't stand losing another friend.

Not at all, actually. My heart is so damaged. Recently I had to get defibrillated because of a very irregular heartbeat, most likely caused by the weak heart, which was life threatening, and combined with my already weak heart from failed SN it was a lot worse.
Yeah i get it, losing people you got attached to, hits different, it's a solace and a miserable experience those goodbye threads...

Sorry to sound insensitive but would like to know more about the sn side effect you had? It's okay if you don't want to talk about it.

Either way, i hope you get another shot to stop your suffering.

B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
This is really interesting information, for some reason I figured most people hospitalized would survive because there are treatments.
The gender difference is quite interesting as well… it probably is indeed because of likelihood of getting help sooner (by calling emergency services or be found by someone).
Yeah I'll bet women are more prone to calling for help. I know I'll panic, sn might not be my method if I can't get benzos or something to calm me down. I will freak out for sure.

Reactions: Meditation guide and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

My heart is so damaged. Recently I had to get defibrillated because of a very irregular heartbeat, most likely caused by the weak heart, which was life threatening, and combined with my already weak heart from failed SN it was a lot worse.
Was the weak heart an issue you had before sn and it got worse after you failed sn which led to you having to get a defibrillator
Yeah I'll bet women are more prone to calling for help. I know I'll panic, sn might not be my method if I can't get benzos or something to calm me down. I will freak out for sure.
At this rate, I'd prefer it if one has access to benzos rather than not

Reactions: betternever2havbeen
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Was the weak heart an issue you had before sn and it got worse after you failed sn which led to you having to get a defibrillator
No heart issues.
At least I'm not sure, I have had some ancestors with heart issues but after tests done to me at the doctor, nothing showed that I had damage.
It's just my heart beat being very irregular and weak, it's scary. Normally i'd be panicking a lot if I wasn't sedated.

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen
D

Deleted member 65988

No heart issues.
At least I'm not sure, I have had some ancestors with heart issues but after tests done to me at the doctor, nothing showed that I had damage.
It's just my heart beat being very irregular and weak, it's scary. Normally i'd be panicking a lot if I wasn't sedated.
I thought sn did cause your heart issues. So you've had a history of relatives having heart issues in the past. So are you constantly sedated?

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I thought sn did cause your heart issues. So you've had a history of relatives having heart issues in the past. So are you constantly sedated?
SN was definitely a big catalyst of the heart issues, if I even did have the problems but I seemingly had no issues so all I can say is that SN solely caused it. And it is possible to have heart issues in my family, according to genetics. I just didn't inherit it.

Well, not constantly sedated, some breaks every once in a while and at night the sedation stops I guess, at least from what i've been told, in order to prevent respiratory issues or depression, impaired cognitive functions and loss or worsening of motor abilities, etc.
Also, it would affect my cardiovascular system so it's actually required for them to keep me off of sedatives for some periods of time, to prevent my already bad heart from worsening even more.

D

Deleted member 65988

some breaks every once in a while and at night the sedation stops I guess, at least from what i've been told, in order to prevent respiratory issues or depression, impaired cognitive functions and loss or worsening of motor abilities, etc.
Is this done to prevent any kind of potential cardiovascular collapse while you sleep or is that because the defibrillator helps regulate things at night where you don't need sedation.

Also, it would affect my cardiovascular system so it's actually required for them to keep me off of sedatives for some periods of time, to prevent my already bad heart from worsening even more.
So the sedatives are used to help with this issue, any idea what the particular issue is? It really sounds like the Hypotension and respiratory depression caused by SN had an affect you. Was there at any point during treatment where the status of your condition was near critical?

Last edited by a moderator:
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Is this done to prevent any kind of potential cardiovascular collapse while you sleep or is that because the defibrillator helps regulate things at night where you don't need sedation.
Not sure, they just told me the obvious reasons as to why they took me off of sedatives at regular intervals. Never went deeper than that. I will ask, though, if I can build up the courage to speak to them about a concern that I have.
So the sedatives are used to help with this issue, any idea what the particular issue is? It really sounds like the Hypotension and respiratory depression caused by SN had an affect you. Was there at any point during treatment where the status of your condition was near critical?
The issue is panic attacks because of my current health situation. I'm a hypochondriac and any issues with my health makes me panic a lot and when I'm in distress, I tend to act impulsively and hurt myself, and without the sedatives I'd be very bothersome to deal with and a threat to myself.

I'm unaware of any respiratory issues caused by the SN, it's just the constant flow of sedatives into my body that may induce respiratory depression rather than the SN afaik. But maybe the SN did something too.
The only critical condition was my heart rate being very irregular and weak, probably would've killed me (hypothetical, I don't know for sure since I'm not a cardiologist and I didn't get any information about my situation at the time) if I didn't panic and call someone within 10 minutes.

D

Deleted member 65988

Not sure, they just told me the obvious reasons as to why they took me off of sedatives at regular intervals. Never went deeper than that. I will ask, though, if I can build up the courage to speak to them about a concern that I have.
I think you should because this concerns your health before anything else.

I'm unaware of any respiratory issues caused by the SN, it's just the constant flow of sedatives into my body that may induce respiratory depression rather than the SN afaik. But maybe the SN did something too.
I mean with how Methomoglobinemia affects the body's inability to supply oxygen, that does affect the respiratory system quite a lot which is why some users have discussed the inclusion of benzos and beta-blockers since Beta-blockers prevent the heart from beating faster as a compensatory mechanism for the loss of oxygen whilst benzos can possibly cause respiratory depression, not to the extent sn can but it is known to be able to do so.

Is the constant flow of sedatives meant to maintain a regular heartbeat. For what it's worth, we don't know what the SN caused and what specifically did it do to you that even after treatment, you weren't able to have a heart that functioned normally. I wish the doctors who treated provided some idea as to what happened here.

The issue is panic attacks because of my current health situation. I'm a hypochondriac and any issues with my health makes me panic a lot and when I'm in distress, I tend to act impulsively and hurt myself, and without the sedatives I'd be very bothersome to deal with and a threat to myself.
So the sedatives are specifically to address your issue of panic attacks. I'd understand that too, the issue of having to worry about your health and being in distress over the state of it.

The only critical condition was my heart rate being very irregular and weak, probably would've killed me (hypothetical, I don't know for sure since I'm not a cardiologist and I didn't get any information about my situation at the time) if I didn't panic and call someone within 10 minutes.
Part of me thinks you probably would've had an OHCA or out of hospital Cardiac arrest from the sounds of it, had you waited longer then perhaps you wouldn't be here right now despite the very little sn that was in your system, that's not to downplay the seriousness of what you endured because anyone would've done so in a state of panic, you also made it clear that if you vomited all the glasses then you would seek out help and you did. Any case of sn that turns out to be severe does progress into Methomoglobinemia-induced Caridiac arrest and is usually as in this case below here of a 76 year old man old who developed Brady-asystolic Cardiac arrest after ingesting sn, because Methomoglobinemia-induced cardiopulmonary arrest presents such a unique medical challenge, what saved you was calling for help as early as you did because to me, it sounds like there really was a chance you would've progressed into Cardiac arrest even with the small amount of sn you ingested because the fact that your heart was that weak, you definitely could've ctb.

dodo11

dodo11

Jan 27, 2024
I'll initiate the DM, don't worry. I have the option for others to start conversations with me disabled since I used to be asked a lot for SN sources.

I am fine now, all of that happened in September. I am still bothered by the failure as I can't get SN easily anymore due to being on suicide watch by my family and having my money managed now, and the aftermath of my attempt is lessening the quality of my life which is equally as bothersome.
I'm so sorry to hear that your quality of life is suffering. Thank you for sharing your experience. It would be good to chat to you sometime.