• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

dustyrainbow

dustyrainbow

Apr 15, 2023
The longer I research about the SN method, the more I believe it's not as "peacefully" as advertised.

The common side effects I read about are:
nausea, dizziness, stomach- and headaches, tachycardia/arithmetic heartbeat, shortness of breath.

I'm not worried about pain, dizziness or nausea:
Antiemetics, benzos, pain-killers. There are various options to soothe these symptoms.

What I really struggle with is the shortness of breath and the tachycardia/arithmetic heartbeat.

These are symptoms I usually can't stand at all - yet alone the thought of it makes me nervous.

I have a few questions:
Do you think the benzos will make me care less about it?
Or are there other methods to reduce these symptoms?

For the tachycardia part I could use beta blockers - but I know they're discussed if they're recommended.

What are your thoughts on this topics? Do you have any scientific resources? Or do you know any reports of survivers how they handled this situation?

Thanks in advance!
~dusty

Reactions: Scattered-Soul
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
I honestly don't think SN is that peaceful but I'd say it's way more peaceful than hanging, jumping and others, it's my chosen method mostly because I see it as my only option and in my case I just want something that I know will get the job done. It's really unfortunate that we have to experience such discomfort in order CTB but it's dying after all so I don't expect it to be that easy unless you have inert gas or N.

I'm the opposite of you because that I'm worried about the least are the shortness of breath and tachycardia while I'm terrified of the nausea and vomiting (even with an antiemetic it's a huge possibility, you're poisoning yourself after all).

I think your best bet would be benzos, as for beta blockers I don't think they interfere with the SN, it's just seen as a luxury that isn't that necessary or perhaps they removed it from the guide because it doesn't do much? Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. But yeah, unfortunately I think everyone who's chosen this method will just have to accept that it might not go as smoothly as we want.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd, Sid19 and dustyrainbow
dustyrainbow

dustyrainbow

Apr 15, 2023
That's absolutely true - it's dying through poisoning. Of course it's not pleasant. But I don't wanna suffer in my last minutes and try to find a way to make the process more bearable.

I'm just afraid of the time where I'm still conscious?
In general I'm very sensitive to medication. And I have a strong SI.
Both not a great base to ctb with SN or anything that needs its time.

And then there is this problem with obtaining everything. I already spent over 100€ on SN, different sources, and nothing has arrived yet.
If I can't get prescriptions for the rest, I can expect to spend another 100€.
This would be my financial ruine - I just can't afford to let my SI win.

I also think about "testing" it with a very low dosage of everything. Just to know how it feels in general. The higher the dosages the stronger the side effects I assume, but if I know I can handle it on a "low level", maybe I can gain confidence in ctb'ing with that method?

And as long as I don't have access to N or inert gas - I can't imagine a different method.
I don't wanna disfigure my body. Vomit is disgusting, yes, but 100% better than a blown away brain imo.
For other methods I'm just too afraid (jumping, full suspension, drowning).
I "tried" partial hanging (found explanations on how to find out what your "sweet spot" is before you actually ctb).

caninecomposer

caninecomposer

Unappreciated artist
Dec 18, 2023
I was going to stay up for hours past my bedtime, then take sleep-inducing medications like 20 minutes prior to the SN, so I hopefully sleep through the process. But I'm unsure if that's been deemed as a bad approach, I need to do more research.

L

LastBitOfJoy

Dec 18, 2023
There is discomfort of course, but it's not that unbearable or impossible for me. It's a personal thing at that point.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Well, it's good you are getting a realistic view of what to expect and disabusing yourself of the notion that it's on par with N. It never should have been promoted by anyone like that but I don't think that's common nowadays. There is a lot of individual variation too which can be a problem when it comes to making a general assessment.

But yeah, it's hella flawed as a method.

I myself am worried most of all of puking it all up. Especially since that will determine the success of the attempt rather than these other symptoms which if can be borne won't interfere with the success of the attempt.

Do you think the benzos will make me care less about it?
Or are there other methods to reduce these symptoms?
Yes, benzodiazepines are very useful when it comes to that.

For the tachycardia part I could use beta blockers - but I know they're discussed if they're recommended.
Beta blockers were supplanted by benzodiazepines but you can still use them, alone or in conjunction. If you are afraid of the fast heartbeat you'll need at least one of them.

I'm just afraid of the time where I'm still conscious?
In general I'm very sensitive to medication. And I have a strong SI.
Both not a great base to ctb with SN or anything that needs its time.

That's definitely one of the biggest drawbacks. It will take a lot of psychological preparation.

I also think about "testing" it with a very low dosage of everything. Just to know how it feels in general. The higher the dosages the stronger the side effects I assume, but if I know I can handle it on a "low level", maybe I can gain confidence in ctb'ing with that method?

Absolutely do not test it unless you intend to die.

And as long as I don't have access to N or inert gas - I can't imagine a different method.
I don't wanna disfigure my body. Vomit is disgusting, yes, but 100% better than a blown away brain imo.
For other methods I'm just too afraid (jumping, full suspension, drowning).
I "tried" partial hanging (found explanations on how to find out what your "sweet spot" is before you actually ctb).

With those off the table there sure aren't a lot of options left.

A

Antoine_Roquentin

Dec 17, 2023

I'd strongly advise against any kind of "testing" with SN, even a few gramms will kill you or get you to the ER and then you would have to explain what happened.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, it troubles me too. Especially the shortness of breath. Even after excercise, that tends to make me panic and I always think- will it be worse than this?

I bought a small can of oxygen and a nose cannula in the hopes it might help but- from what I've read of people being given oxygen in the ambulance after an aborted attempt, it doesn't sound like it does a whole lot.

I agree though. I think it's unrealistic to think SN will be entirely peaceful. It seems to vary a lot in how it affects people. I think it's best to be mentally prepared at least for the worst.

All I can say personally is- the first gallstone attack I had, I thought was a heart attack. I had a terrific clamping pain in my chest. My breathing wasn't desperate but did feel difficult and the whole thing made me panic. That said- I was like- shit- I think this might be it and I'm ok to die- so- I'm not going to ring for an ambulance. So- I guess I'm telling myself- if I could put up with that... I actually had 13 more attacks before I finally got things sorted and they were all fairly brutal.

But really- once the process is initiated, if you still are sure you want to die, I guess there's simply no choice but to sit tight and go through it and hope that this time- it's worth it. That's the thing about dying of natural causes- you might be going through the most excruciating pain over and over and it doesn't actually kill you! I was so sick of the gallstone thing in the end- I felt like I had to get it seen to. Irony is, by then, a stone was in the bile duct which, left untreated may actually have lead to death eventually.

But that's the thing- I'm trying to tell myself- doing it this way will be 'treating' yourself. Ok- you'll suffer but hopefully for a matter of less than an hour. That gallstone business alone stretched over months. Not intense pain all that time but the constant threat of it. I keep telling myself the probability that my natural death could so easily be so much worse! So yeah- it likely won't be good but- will it be any worse than all the illnesses waiting for me? Or simply- not having enough money in later life to live any reasonable kind of life? I'd rather not find out.

Reactions: dustyrainbow