• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
My friend with Bipolar mentioned this to me a while ago, but I hadn't tried it yet, and just remembered it. I found some research online and it looks PROMISING. So I am going to try and stay up all night, as I am crashing again at the moment. Not as bad as I used to be, but bad enough that I am not getting up, not feeding myself properly, my stomach is constantly upset and I have no appetite and my mind is crashing.

I'll let you all know if it helps...

https://mosaicscience.com/story/staying-awake-surprisingly-effective-way-treat-depression/

Here is an extract from the site:

"We decided to give them the whole package, and the effect was brilliant," says Benedetti. By the late 1990s, they were routinely treating patients with triple chronotherapy: sleep deprivation, lithium and light. The sleep deprivations would occur every other night for a week, and bright light exposure for 30 minutes each morning would be continued for a further two weeks – a protocol they continue to use to this day. "We can think of it not as sleep-depriving people, but as modifying or enlarging the period of the sleep–wake cycle from 24 to 48 hours," says Benedetti. "People go to bed every two nights, but when they go to bed, they can sleep for as long as they want."

San Raffaele Hospital first introduced triple chronotherapy in 1996. Since then, it has treated close to a thousand patients with bipolar depression – many of whom had failed to respond to antidepressant drugs. The results speak for themselves: according to the most recent data, 70 per cent of people with drug-resistant bipolar depression responded to triple chronotherapy within the first week, and 55 per cent had a sustained improvement in their depression one month later.

And whereas antidepressants – if they work – can take over a month to have an effect, and can increase the risk of suicide in the meantime, chronotherapy usually produces an immediate and persistent decrease in suicidal thoughts, even after just one night of sleep deprivation.
Here's a video on it: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07l4qx5

The doctors in charge of the programme say it helps in about 70 % of patients!!!
One more video here - interesting this one:

A deep biological link between sleep and mood...

Last edited:
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I stayed up till 2:42 AM last night (I didn't make the whole night) and today was much less bad than yesterday - not sure yet if those things are related. Will try it again.

Reactions: leiche
leiche

leiche

i need a cigarette
Aug 19, 2020
seems like it really is working, i feel so much better

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
can confirm, stayed up for three days once and I felt great for days.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I find i often feel a boost in mood when I don't sleep but it goes when I do finally sleep.

Reactions: miguel6565
softfuzzyman

softfuzzyman

Rot
Aug 17, 2020
Man... if sleep deprivation helped depression id be the happiest person in the whole goddamn world... lmao, i'm just kidding and of course mean no disrespect towards anyone who does experience positive benefits from it. But yeah currently im in oversleeping mode but sometimes i have insomnia and uhh boy wtf i wish sleep deprivation would make me feel better when i experience it. Im jealous if that can actually make some people experience some kind of boost in mood or reduction in suicidal thoughts bc it's hell on earth when i go thru it

ropebunny

ropebunny

*suicidal bunny noises*
Jul 26, 2020
This is super interesting, thanks for mentioning it!

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Man... if sleep deprivation helped depression id be the happiest person in the whole goddamn world... lmao, i'm just kidding and of course mean no disrespect towards anyone who does experience positive benefits from it. But yeah currently im in oversleeping mode but sometimes i have insomnia and uhh boy wtf i wish sleep deprivation would make me feel better when i experience it. Im jealous if that can actually make some people experience some kind of boost in mood or reduction in suicidal thoughts bc it's hell on earth when i go thru it
This. As a fellow insomniac I wish that it was useful for something, especially helping me feel better. When I do manage to sleep I wanna take full advantage of it and wake up when I wanna wake up.