• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
This is a new idea I am thinking about... What if I drug myself to sleep everyday? I could sleep for 18 hours or more in a broken car (big so you have enough space to be comfortable), wake up just to eat something and watch the years pass by. If I get to 67, they will give me the minimum amount they give to the elderly (about 400 euro / month). In the meanwhile, I will watch movies, videos, read books, listen to music, be on the Internet... with an Ipad or something like that. The idea is to watch your life pass by until you feel like you have seen enough technology, news, and all you want to see. You would eat just enough to be full.

You may be thinking "but life is not worth living that way". Yes well, nowadays I prefer to sleep all day instead of playing videogames with my rig or do something else, so to me the only issue would be to be comfortable.

Does this make any sense?

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
This is essentially what I have been doing—I make myself unconscious to escape but long term it's no way to live and I know my body is/will shut down with all the accompanying pain such a state entails. I'd prefer to go out on my own terms while I still have the ability.

Dying of alcoholism or drug addiction is most unpleasant.

Not to mention feeling as if my life has zero meaning, feckless and futile.

Give it a try but I wouldn't get too heavy into booze or drugs because they can eat you alive in no time.

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I've been asleep most of the last year .

I think there may be a therapeutic side .

I call it the ' Heriot ' therapy .

( the all creatures great and small vet who euthenazed a sheep and then saw it alive and well a week later ... turns out he hadn't given it enough death juice and it just slept for a few days ... theoretically , long enough for it to heal itself and recover . )

I work construction , so now I'm unfit and have to get some muscle back to go to work .

Bit of an uphill climb .

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
This is a new idea I am thinking about... What if I drug myself to sleep everyday? I could sleep for 18 hours or more in a broken car (big so you have enough space to be comfortable), wake up just to eat something and watch the years pass by. If I get to 67, they will give me the minimum amount they give to the elderly (about 400 euro / month). In the meanwhile, I will watch movies, videos, read books, listen to music, be on the Internet... with an Ipad or something like that. The idea is to watch your life pass by until you feel like you have seen enough technology, news, and all you want to see. You would eat just enough to be full.

You may be thinking "but life is not worth living that way". Yes well, nowadays I prefer to sleep all day instead of playing videogames with my rig or do something else, so to me the only issue would be to be comfortable.

I have had jobs where I make enough to live comfortable in my own house and mainly just played video games and slept during work and was told how great of a job I am doing. You should research and come up with a plan. All jobs are not jobs you would hate.

Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Enh, as far as I'm concerned, sleep isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's certainly superior to being awake, but that's about it. Being a slightly better alternative isn't really saying much. In my case, the whole act of sleep wearies me just as much as any other part of life. The always painfully dull experience of laying in my bed waiting to fall unconscious, the odd nightmare or annoying bout of sleep paralysis, the absolute shittiness of waking up, the intense, groggy, bag faced feeling of even short naps (etc.). Just another boring song & dance and I'm all so tired of it. To me sleep is ultimately just a crappier "free-trial" version of death and I'd much rather opt for the latter (assuming I finally could, that is).

a9a2144df712a26fed32cd0a1d5a63a1.jpeg

V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018

I like the concept very much, but there might be a problem; you still need some money for food and other things.

I wish I just could live in a cabin in a remote and peacefull area. Far away from civilization and people. There I could just sleep and mind my own business.

Reactions: dwimplepeen213
V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
This is essentially what I have been doing—I make myself unconscious to escape but long term it's no way to live and I know my body is/will shut down with all the accompanying pain such a state entails. I'd prefer to go out on my own terms while I still have the ability.

Dying of alcoholism or drug addiction is most unpleasant.

Not to mention feeling as if my life has zero meaning, feckless and futile.

Give it a try but I wouldn't get too heavy into booze or drugs because they can eat you alive in no time.

I was once contemplating suicide by alcohol, but not anymore. For the reasons you just stated. I'm now planning partial suspension hanging.

But I got the impression you have a lot of knowledge about alcoholism? If so please share with us. I want to know everything about alcohol related deaths. Especially about how painfull it can be? If you got any good links too I would be very grateful:-)

Reactions: Lizzie S.
deflagrat

deflagrat

Apr 9, 2018
I like the concept very much, but there might be a problem; you still need some money for food and other things.

I wish I just could live in a cabin in a remote and peacefull area. Far away from civilization and people. There I could just sleep and mind my own business.
You can get food for free if you ask for help. I don't know about "other things". This lifestyle won't work if you have literally no money, you still have to have some just in case you need something.

Reactions: Regisphilbin_savant
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I was once contemplating suicide by alcohol, but not anymore. For the reasons you just stated. I'm now planning partial suspension hanging.

But I got the impression you have a lot of knowledge about alcoholism? If so please share with us. I want to know everything about alcohol related deaths. Especially about how painfull it can be? If you got any good links too I would be very grateful:-)

Alcoholic deaths are long, drawn out and very painful. Watch the movie Leaving Las Vegas for a glimpse of the horror.

T

Tiburcio

I love this idea and hope I could do it. But unfortunately is not realistic. And no human can sleep 18 hours every day. And even worse in my case with my sleeping problems.
If I get to 67, they will give me the minimum amount they give to the elderly (about 400 euro / month)
I think in our country (we are both spanish) you have to work a x amount of years for getting this money. So it won't work.

Bad thing because the idea sounds very good.

Reactions: Deutsch
deflagrat

deflagrat

Apr 9, 2018
I love this idea and hope I could do it. But unfortunately is not realistic. And no human can sleep 18 hours every day. And even worse in my case with my sleeping problems.

I think in our country (we are both spanish) you have to work a x amount of years for getting this money. So it won't work.

Bad thing because the idea sounds very good.
I think you are wrong, but now you are making me doubt. That's what my mother told me, I think it's correct.

http://www.aragon.es/DepartamentosO...taciones_PNC_jubilacion.detalleInaem#section2

I think this is the one if I am correct.

I could also try to get dissability benefits but I don't think I have more than 33%.

I have been able to sleep about 14 hours with help from Amitryptiline, and I have slept 18 hours / day before. The idea is to drug yourself so you can sleep that many hours (I am still unsure about which drug to take).

Last edited:
V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
Alcoholic deaths are long, drawn out and very painful. Watch the movie Leaving Las Vegas for a glimpse of the horror.

I know it's long and drawn out, but how painful is it? And how is it painful?

I have seen the movie "Leaving Las Vegas". A great film! But it's a long time ago, I want to see it again.

But if I remember correctly the main person dies while he is jerking himself while drunk? A happy ending if you ask me:-)

Reactions: Deutsch
athousandsorrows

athousandsorrows

Jul 5, 2018
Well, first off hi! I do this almost every day. I say almost, because I'm living with my parents, and living with people makes it difficult to hide in such a way as you are describing, but I've lived like that (when I lived alone,) and still do now when I can. I smoke weed every day, as a way of self-medicating. It really helps me forget that I'm miserable, if only for a couple of hours, since it puts me in a kind of pleasant haze. Once I'm high, I put on a show, or watch endless YouTube videos, until the night falls and I go to bed. I'm not allowed to wake up too late, house rules, so whenever I'm left alone, I go take naps, and when I hear them come in I come down and just sit somewhere, where they can see I'm there, but won't bother me. This is my life right now.

It is, however, impossible to keep it up with no money. I don't know your current situation, but mine is I'm 31 and living with my parents, and unemployed, and they're very tired of me, though I've only been living her for 6 months. My dad actually just threatened to throw me out on the streets because I missed a job interview I had today. I actually stayed up all night crying because I didn't want to go, until I finally decided I wouldn't go and just stayed in bed.

Anyway, eventually your parents or whoever is supporting you, unless they're very nice people, will get tired of you and you'll need money to support such a lifestyle, if only for the internet connection you'll need to watch those videos. If you have money, then go nuts, if not, then you have to outweigh what is lees painful, getting a job, or killing yourself. I'd choose the latter, but that's just me.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I know it's long and drawn out, but how painful is it? And how is it painful?

I have seen the movie "Leaving Las Vegas". A great film! But it's a long time ago, I want to see it again.

But if I remember correctly the main person dies while he is jerking himself while drunk? A happy ending if you ask me:-)
You are literally slowly killing an internal organ and suffering the pain and consequences of it. There is nothing happy about it and I did watch Leaving Las Vegas too.

EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
Damn...sucks to live in fucking Ireland. I can't even get a minimum wag job to buy alcohol and weed.

P

Panda

Jun 25, 2018

I get the appeal but unfortunately no matter the reason or method of getting into taking drugs, if you end up addicted things will just be worse in the end. You'll run out of money and drugs and then when you want to kill yourself more than ever before due to withdrawal you won't have the mental capacity to safely plan out a method. I wouldn't suggest this, maybe as a go between before you manage to end it but not as a long term "solution" until you hit pension age. :( Sorry

V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
You are literally slowly killing an internal organ and suffering the pain and consequences of it. There is nothing happy about it and I did watch Leaving Las Vegas too.

You make it sound so bad:blarg:

deflagrat

deflagrat

Apr 9, 2018
I get the appeal but unfortunately no matter the reason or method of getting into taking drugs, if you end up addicted things will just be worse in the end. You'll run out of money and drugs and then when you want to kill yourself more than ever before due to withdrawal you won't have the mental capacity to safely plan out a method. I wouldn't suggest this, maybe as a go between before you manage to end it but not as a long term "solution" until you hit pension age. :( Sorry
Not all drugs can be adictictive and meds in here are pretty much free (right now I am paying less than two dollars for three meds and I get more each month). I am capable of sleeping like 16 hours / day in a normal day if I don't set an alarm, hence the topic. I decided that I will do this once I am homeless and I will be doing this as long as the government gives me a salary (3 years at least).

Reactions: Panda
P

Panda

Jun 25, 2018
Not all drugs can be adictictive and meds in here are pretty much free (right now I am paying less than two dollars for three meds and I get more each month). I am capable of sleeping like 16 hours / day in a normal day if I don't set an alarm, hence the topic. I decided that I will do this once I am homeless and I will be doing this as long as the government gives me a salary (3 years at least).
Sounds nice I wish I could get my shit that cheap, if it's different for you then okay, just be careful and consider every possibility for the future... I understand not all drugs are addictive as such but anything can be psychologically addictive, especially if it fucks with your sleep. *looks at my bud stash*

I suppose extending your life by any means possible isn't necessarily a bad thing.

as_GAY_as_They_CUM

as_GAY_as_They_CUM

Jun 26, 2018

Stupid idea.

Reactions: Madrid27 and Laura
Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
To me that sounds like a horrible way to live.
No security, no home, meds stop being effective after a while, how would you shower, what would you have to live for?

Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018

My favorite thing is sleeping

Reactions: Deutsch and Phro