Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Are there any skills you look at and think "man, I've gotta learn how to do that at some point?"

Personally I really want to be good at programming and mountain biking. As for more casual skills, I'd love to be a somewhat decent cook and be able to maintain a garden that doesn't look like a 4-year-old's toy box.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Zappfe lover, Sensei and 5 others
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I always wish I could draw/paint but I can barely draw a stickman without it looking like it was drawn by a toddler.

Reactions: sadghost and Brick In The Wall
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I always wish I could draw/paint but I can barely draw a stickman without it looking like it was drawn by a toddler.
Art is definitely a good one. I've personally tried doing a little on a graphics tablet, but I'm pretty slow at doing things. Maybe one day I'll make something that isn't painful to look at!

Reactions: sadghost, Brick In The Wall and Sinai Silence
VoidGirl

VoidGirl

Longing for the Void's embrace
Jul 21, 2020
Making music. I've always loved many genres of music, especially unusual ones, and always wished I could make some myself to express my creativity and soul. However I've never even tried due to being dangerously self-critical and feeling disgusted by what I create from experience in other art forms.

Reactions: _Minsk, Zappfe lover, draw a circle and 3 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Programming takes alot of practice but mountain biking isn't that bad. Cooking and gardening are both things I'm working on as well. Probably the only things I'm working on that fit this criteria.

Reactions: Sensei, sadghost, puppy9 and 2 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Making music. I've always loved many genres of music, especially unusual ones, and always wished I could make some myself to express my creativity and soul. However I've never even tried due to being dangerously self-critical and feeling disgusted by what I create from experience in other art forms.
I get that feeling. Every time I make anything I feel annoyed with myself and wish it was just that little bit better. In some ways this drives me to do better, but when coupled with my depressed mood it can make me give up and feel like I'll never be good enough.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
The problem with hobbies like this too is that you burn out. You never feel like you've mastered them either. Even when other people compliment your talent. I've had so many hobbies and talents I've sunk time into that I've just basically abandoned over the years.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17949, sadghost, puppy9 and 2 others
ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
I'd love to learn how to skateboard, I can use the board but I could never do any tricks.

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and KleinerWolf
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Speaking French. But it's hard.

• Love
Reactions: mediocre, Sensei, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
I've recycled through so many but I've never stuck with anything. I've gotten fixated on art, working out, going for walks, games, reading, writing, music, cooking, learning a language, my education, etc. and at some point I wanted to master all of them. I go through periods of obsession followed by complete disinterest

• Hugs
Reactions: agentgeez, draw a circle and Brick In The Wall
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Mostly art related skills. like drawing, sculpture, calligraphy and even some music instruments.

Reactions: Sensei
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'd love to learn how to skateboard, I can use the board but I could never do any tricks.
Have good health insurance, be prepared to hurt yourself alot. I've street skated for over 15 years now.

Alot of inspiring artists. As an artist and musician I'd recommend digital media. It's much more forgiving, versatile, and applicable in potential careers/side hustles.

Reactions: Sensei and ocd is bad
Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
I've always wanted to be able to play the piano. I also want to be able to draw/paint something that doesn't look like it was made by a first grader... but if I had to choose one skill/talent, it would be the piano.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Isadeth, Sensei, Woodnote and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've always wanted to be able to play the piano. I also want to be able to draw/paint something that doesn't look like it was made by a first grader... but if I had to choose one skill/talent, it would be the piano.
Pianist here, get yourself a cheap midi controller and download some free software like Cakewalk. Starting costs are around 200$ if you already have a PC.

• Love
Reactions: Isadeth, TheSoulless, Sensei and 1 other person
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I enjoyed woodworking in highschool, so I would like to retain some skill and craft my own shit like swords or chests or whatever I wan't. Also Harmonica, I have one but don't know how to use it.

Reactions: Isadeth, _Minsk and Sensei
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
Dancing and singing. I don't have the perseverance to practice everyday, and I don't know how to learn to sing. Would be nice if I can sing well since I love listening to music and singing along. Also, lately I want to learn to play bass.

Reactions: Isadeth and Zappfe lover
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Latin and Japanese.

Reactions: Zappfe lover, Deleted member 17949, puppy9 and 1 other person
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
People skills, as in how to deal with people without either pissing them off or without running for the hills screaming in fear.....

Reactions: Sensei, draw a circle and puppy9
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
The problem with hobbies like this too is that you burn out. You never feel like you've mastered them either. Even when other people compliment your talent. I've had so many hobbies and talents I've sunk time into that I've just basically abandoned over the years.
When I was in counselling I was told that it's not always important to master everything. I have a habit of seeing anything less that constant progression as some kind of failure, but when your goal is just to have fun this doesn't always need to be the case.
People skills, as in how to deal with people without either pissing them off or without running for the hills screaming in fear.....
Would love these too tbh

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and draw a circle
Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
Programming and drawing. I've spent years trying to draw but it never works out.

Reactions: Sensei, _Minsk and draw a circle
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
Are there any skills you look at and think "man, I've gotta learn how to do that at some point?"

Personally I really want to be good at programming and mountain biking. As for more casual skills, I'd love to be a somewhat decent cook and be able to maintain a garden that doesn't look like a 4-year-old's toy box.
https://www.w3schools.com/ This is a great site to learn programming. It's in real simple language and format.

Reactions: Deleted member 17949
ForcedLifeResistant

ForcedLifeResistant

Jul 12, 2020
Logic (particularly, first order logic, second order logic, and set theory)

Diagrammatic reasoning (i.e. Charles Peirce's existential graphs, or the diagram language presented in Picturing Quantum Processes, which I'm currently reading)

Mathematics (particularly, calculus and statistics)

Philosophy (particularly, epistemology and metaphysics)

Linguistics (e.g. formal semantics)

There's more. There's always more.

Last edited:
Reactions: epic
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Speaking spanish but the problem is I hardly speak. So that's hard.

• Love
Reactions: Isadeth
illbeinthegarage

illbeinthegarage

funs fun but who needs it
Jun 14, 2020
Tried that once but I have the physical coordination of a dead fish so didn't work out well for me. Still kinda fun though
pretty much why ill never be able to do it. still have embarrassing memories of splatting on my face after stepping on one lmao

Reactions: Deleted member 17949
strawberryfield

strawberryfield

Jul 10, 2020
i've always wanted to learn how to dance/act but i'm waaay too shy and awkward to do either of them

• Love
Reactions: Isadeth and Deleted member 17949
agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
For me I think every aspiration has been for the sake of being good at something/being 'productive' rather than a genuine love for the act itself, so I've cycled through a lot of things. One interest that might be a bit juvenile is that I think it would be really cool to be a great detective; I like debating and trying to come up with clever arguments and I think the idea of spotting things that nobody else does and deducing based on limited information would be a great feeling; although the idea that it would be great is probably why it's so juvenile, considering my only real experiences of it is through fiction. I've heard most of what private investigators do is sitting around in their car while waiting for their target to do something. I'm not interested in becoming a police officer, and I've considered going into law but I definitely don't have the drive to match the competitiveness of that field, not to mention how clear-cut and stale most cases are once they get to court. Plus I need to factor in that I don't think I'm smart enough to actually do this as a job, it would be heartbreaking to not be able to keep up mentally and fail haha, especially with the consequences at stake.

• Love
Reactions: draw a circle
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
the ocarina.

watch this space

Reactions: Isadeth