• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
So technically being 21 I'd say 4 years but my bday is coming up in June so at this point I think its safe to say 3.

I've been reading into some of the more side effect inducing drugs (I guess you'd say) and while its nice that I'm getting a lot of the same hits for different things I'm looking into I'm noticing a lot of them are saying "In some cases, children, teenagers and young adults under 25 may have an increase in suicidal thoughts or behavior when taking antidepressants, especially in the first few weeks after starting or when the dose is changed"

And being sensitive to meds (already having this side effect with rispridone) I don't wonder if maybe I'd be better off waiting until I'm 25. Of course that brings the problem of 3 years of torture id have to live with. But I feel I'd be more likely to find one that helps if this was a side effect I didn't have to be as concerned with.

("suicide is the easy way" yeah well when everything you try to do to recover has you running into a cinder block fucking wall at 100km/hr with no padding between you and the wall, you're gonna want to stop hitting your head off the fucking wall. It hurts and always feels like a dead end.)

• Aww..
Reactions: TotallyIsolated
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
Waiting until you are 25 before starting antidepressants? Do you have a psychiatrist ?

Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
I presume you are thinking about antidepressant therapy to help you with depressive symptoms that make you want to CTB? If so, it sounds tough to suffer for such a long period for a side effect which is very uncommon, especially if you have a psychiatrist to help you manage

3/4 years is a long time !

Last edited:
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
antidepressant therapy to help you with depressive symptoms that make you want to CTB?
basically yes
especially if you have a psychiatrist to help you manage
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/serotonin-syndrome.65108/
in this thread i name off the current problem im working on.

if i change my mind and wait 3 years until the meds shouldnt bother me as much then the above plan changes.

the medication named in that thread is thought out with the idea that i stop the problem. if the above plan changes then ill focus more on therapy to be able to handle it and more minor medications to ease the symptoms instead of get rid of.

i basically go from taking action trying to fix things, to sitting and waiting it out until i might have a better chance.
im 21 almost 22. 3-4yrs of suffering isnt that long in comparison to having the rest of my life to be happy. (assuming i die naturally in a lot of years even though theres a million things that could happen between now and then to make that not happen)

Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
OK I've read the other thread, thanks. 5mg citalopram is a small dose so should be ok if you are sensitive to medication.

Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
I'd encourage you to give meds a try, and if it goes badly then you can always go off of them

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I've decided to wait until I'm more likely to find one. For now I'll pay more attention to therapy.

Reactions: TotallyIsolated
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
have you considered trying any alternative treatments if you can't use antidepressants at the moment? to help you cope

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
have you considered trying any alternative treatments if you can't use antidepressants at the moment? to help you cope
Weed (which can and typically makes things worse but sometimes can help) and I am loving this shroom coffee (but that's a bit expensive) so for the most part I just do corrections (which doesn't sound like the healthest thing but once you get passed that its helpful). Other then that I still have my therapist and I am taking buspirone (that I plan on upping the dose in a couple of days) and seeing what other research I come across I guess.