• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
Yeah! It can really help. Do you have some vegetarian or sweet recipes?

Reactions: NeverSatisfied
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
here is one which I've beed doing for a long time.. XXL microwave cupcakes..
Perfect for times if you wan't to have something seat to eat to your morning coffee : P
I'm saying that they're XXL because let's face it. Most of us will put it inside a normal coffee cup and put them for 4min to the microwave because why should we bother with those paper forms..

LunarPyotr approved recipe ^^

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
A thread for low effort recipes and tips would be awesome!!

I have a lot to contribute as well bc food is hard but necessary..

:heart:

Reactions: NeverSatisfied
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
I managed to buy a pre-owned Instant Pot and it's honestly been amazing. Just throw things in with the required amount of water and leave it to cook. I make hard boiled eggs and pasta a lot using this method.

If I can't manage, cup of soups, yogurts, cereal and porridge have been really useful too.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Anyway, yes you should share some recipes. Here's one for tablet, it's instant type super diabetes but so very, very delicious:
Alice's Tablet

2lbs caster sugar

1/4lb butter

1 cup of whole milk

400g tin of condensed milk

Teaspoon vanilla essence

Remove all children, pets and clumsy people from the room. They tend not to mix well with vats of boiling sugar.
In a heavy based pan (and wearing rubber gloves) slowly melt sugar, milk and butter.
Once it comes to the boil add the condensed milk.
Slowly bring to the boil again, stirring constantly.
Still stirring carefully, boil for 15 minutes or until mixture darkens to a butterscotch colour. (This can take much longer in some cases – no idea why)
To test if mixture has boiled for long enough drop a teaspoon full into a glass of cold water. If it's ready it will form a ball.
Remove from heat and add vanilla essence.
Beat until your arm nearly falls off and the mixture has thickened to a very thick custard-like state (approx. 15 mins).
THIS IS MY OWN TIP, USE AN ELECTRIC MIXER HERE BECAUSE THE BEATING CAN TAKE AN AGE
Pour into a greased tin and cool.
Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
D's Trouble Shooting Tips

If your tablet is grainy, you melted the sugar too quickly. Start again.

If your tablet didn't set, you didn't boil it for long enough. Start again.

If your tablet still didn't set, you didn't beat it for long enough. Yup. Start again.

EDIT: I CANT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DIABETICS WHO DIE AFTER EATING THIS.

Last edited:
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
The recipe above reminded me of this:

Homemade gelato. Honestly the best gelato I've ever had. I've also eaten it without turning it into ice-cream, as a chocolate mousse. It's delicious either way.

Full can of condensed milk (not heated or diluted, just poured straight into the bowl)
200ml of double cream
Vanilla (optional)
A good quality, pure cocoa powder. I use Dr. Oetker. I'd recommend just adding it a teaspoon at a time, mixing and taste testing it until you're happy. I use about 3-4 tablespoons for mine.

This recipe works best with either an electric whisk or an ice cream maker (I got mine pretty cheaply on eBay). You can whisk the ingredients together by hand but it'll take much longer and may not achieve the desired consistency for gelato (but you'll have a delicious chocolate mousse instead).

When it's thick and mixed, put it in the freezer in a tub if you want gelato. You can taste test the edges after 2-3 hours, or wait overnight for it to freeze.

If you want mousse, just put it in the fridge and have it with whatever you want - cake, strawberries, on its own etc.

I hardly ever buy store bought chocolate or ice cream anymore because it's so simple to make my own.

Last edited:
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
a vegan maize would be nice

Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
here is one which I've beed doing for a long time.. XXL microwave cupcakes..
Perfect for times if you wan't to have something seat to eat to your morning coffee : P
I'm saying that they're XXL because let's face it. Most of us will put it inside a normal coffee cup and put them for 4min to the microwave because why should we bother with those paper forms..

LunarPyotr approved recipe ^^
So you putting the whole lot into a mug n cooking it for longer? x

LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
So you putting the whole lot into a mug n cooking it for longer? x
yeah, microwave magic.. the cup heats up first since I only own thick ceramic cups

Reactions: Red
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Do it! I'm sure you'll help some people.

As for me, I don't like many foods and I hate diets. Just give me pizza, cheesebugers and french fries and I will always be happy haha.

lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
So, I take it you don't have a husband yet.
No, and I will probably be dead before I get one. Soups for one person until then :3 I can take the same meal to work for the whole week, I don't mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lucien
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
This is a great idea!! I will share mine. A lot of times in the mornings I just can't bring myself to eat much. So I created this breakfast I can make the night before so I can just grab it out of the fridge while my coffee is on. I call it "banana thing". It's also a great vegan replacement for yogurt parfaits... anyways:

*cut up a ripe banana in little chunks, put half your banana at the bottom of a mason jar or glass (I use a 6-8oz jar)
*fill the jar with oats (the regular ones, not the quick oats, usually find them labeled "old fashioned oats) leaving enough room to top the jar off with the rest of your banana.
* pour in some of your favorite milk, I like the oat milk personally. The milk will filter through the oats and settle at the bottom banana layer. I usually put enough to cover the banana and just begin to saturate the oat layer.
* next get your favorite nut butter or spread. I actually make my own if anyone wants that recipe (grinded up almonds and coconut in almond/peanut butter mainly). Top off the jar with spread and cover the bananas. This keeps them fresh and kind of seals everything in. Chocolate hazelnut spread is also bomb on this.
*lastly you should have enough room left for some toppings. Whatever you want, granola, sliced almonds, chia seeds, mini chocolate chips, blueberries, anything.

put the banana thing in the fridge. enjoy not having to make shit in the morning. try not to spill your toppings everywhere taking the first bite

Reactions: Mentalmick