Should I livestream my ctb by partial hanging?

• Yes

• No

• Yes but I won't watch

• NOOOOOO

Results are only viewable after voting.
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
So I decided to hold off a few hours to just think. Would you guys want me to livestream it through discord so you can have better luck at your time? I'm doing partial hanging
Nobody here wants you or anyone else to hurt themselves. We have all said this many times. We wish things for all of us were different better and easier on the mind and soul. FUCK YES YOU SHOULD LIVESTREAM IT. I think personally everyone who has the knowledge to live stream it or record it or put it on the web in video form SHOULD do this. Why? Because this will help. Not just for "homework" but to help people see what the fuck is going on. I wish more suicides would be in public AND in mass! We as a people are obviously doing something very very wrong if so many of us are willing to say fuck it and go "back" to the other side (my opinion yes its based). I would also advise that anyone should say goodbye and give the many reasons (worldy AND personal) why they have given up. Sometimes it's only personal reasons but underneath it's the large collective reasons that make for the unfortunate sadness and misery for all of us. This is not, NOT a world worth bringing new souls into! This place is fucked from the word go! How much debt is a child born with in "your country"? How much poverty is in your country? How much division is in your country? What exactly are we fucking doing here? How many wars has your taxes paid for? It's just a fucking joke!

OMG! This thread is soooo old! Why do you guys keep doing that!? Sigh, anyways....

Reactions: Infinite Conscious, lobster salad and Fthis
Fthis

Fthis

Student
Dec 8, 2020
Nobody here wants you or anyone else to hurt themselves. We have all said this many times. We wish things for all of us were different better and easier on the mind and soul. FUCK YES YOU SHOULD LIVESTREAM IT. I think personally everyone who has the knowledge to live stream it or record it or put it on the web in video form SHOULD do this. Why? Because this will help. Not just for "homework" but to help people see what the fuck is going on. I wish more suicides would be in public AND in mass! We as a people are obviously doing something very very wrong if so many of us are willing to say fuck it and go "back" to the other side (my opinion yes its based). I would also advise that anyone should say goodbye and give the many reasons (worldy AND personal) why they have given up. Sometimes it's only personal reasons but underneath it's the large collective reasons that make for the unfortunate sadness and misery for all of us. This is not, NOT a world worth bringing new souls into! This place is fucked from the word go! How much debt is a child born with in "your country"? How much poverty is in your country? How much division is in your country? What exactly are we fucking doing here? How many wars has your taxes paid for? It's just a fucking joke!

OMG! This thread is soooo old! Why do you guys keep doing that!? Sigh, anyways....
Even though this thread is ancient and whenever I get a notification it reminds me that I failed I enjoyed reading your perspective.

GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
Even though this thread is ancient and whenever I get a notification it reminds me that I failed I enjoyed reading your perspective.
LOL. Old threads are allowed. Its good that your still here. I did notice the name not crossed off the list. I just have a habit of thinking threads at the top are new and im slowly realising that I need to look twice. I might be commenting on a 2016 post.

Reactions: Octavina
gus.nixon

gus.nixon

and now we rise and we are everywhere
Apr 19, 2020
No. No. No. This is the most personal thing you'll ever do and you want people to watch it? I mean, if you are determined to do this then nobody can stop you, but I mean, would you livestream yourself taking a shit or masturbating? It's hard enough for the people we leave behind. Even if you think your passing won't affect anyone because nobody cares, it will. It's going to affect people you've never met. If you're going to ctb, do it if it means the end of your pain, but what's the point of livestreaming it? What happens if you botch it and you live? You really want your suicide attempt to be forever available for people to see? Because it will be. Even if you get lawyers involved and all that legal stuff, you know as well as everyone else here that once something hits the internet, it's there forever. But hey man, you do you and I give you my blessings whatever you choose.

Reactions: Bamman
Octavina

Octavina

Paint the black hole blacker
Jan 9, 2021
Haha my bipolar ass state was considering doing it this month. Sadly the videos and photos will be on the internet forever. It can end up on those shock and gore sites where people mock and make fun of your death, which would probably traumatize your family, friends or anyone for that matter. Still it's free will, which is why a lot of people do it still. Most videos I've seen are people in countries like India, Singapore etc, it's sad really, attention seeking, sure, selfish yeah, but when people like some of us are in the tunnel vision of no return it makes people do crazy and outlandish shit to the average person. Everyone's different of course and I get why half of people in this thread are upset

Octavina

Octavina

Paint the black hole blacker
Jan 9, 2021
Call me selfish but I'm happy you are still with us. : ) not sure why but I always worry and hope members I see or interact with are doing ok at least.

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries and bad luck
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Note that links to such a livestream would violate SS rules. It is a personal decision if they want privacy or not, but if someone livestreams their suicide, a link to it posted on SS would go again the rules.

In my opinion, livestreaming suicide is a way to show how much pain the person is in. But it will instead become just an occasion for youngsters to gawk and joke.

• Love
Reactions: orlandom, bad luck and LiesAndLigatures
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
I have not voted. Do what you want but make sure your communications are secure. Maybe a trusted observer is what you want.

Masonfight

Masonfight

Oct 13, 2020
Some but nothing definitive. Looks like it might be twitch

D

Dutchyala

Mar 6, 2021
You could livestream as Dani (the swiss guy) did.
Only send PMs to people you trust with a private link.

Some people and I watched his livestream and didn't share it anywhere. It's something too personal and he trusted us.

Anyway, it all depends on you. After all, you're the one making the BIG decision here...

Best of luck and hugs and love!
I second this. Don't do it in public, people will laugh and enjoy your pain. But it feels good not to be alone at our last moment so consider sharing with people you trust. Sending you love!

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Please don't it just gives more ammunition to people who hate this site showing us as some sort of death fetishists. Do you want to end up on a gore site? Do you want family or friends receiving that video? It is not a good idea.

Reactions: Tonight369 and Bat 17
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
I second this. Don't do it in public, people will laugh and enjoy your pain. But it feels good not to be alone at our last moment so consider sharing with people you trust. Sending you love!
I'm glad you brought up this post from @WornOutLife because I have to say I found it very disturbing. I did not know Dani and all this happened before I joined the forum. However, the idea that someone killed themselves while their friends looked on over a live feed is really dark to me. I completely understand the suicidal impulse and action and that's why I'm here. But each suicide is in its way a tragedy and is not something to be reinforced, supported, enabled, romanticised or fetishised.

D

Dutchyala

Mar 6, 2021
I'm glad you brought up this post from @WornOutLife because I have to say I found it very disturbing. I did not know Dani and all this happened before I joined the forum. However, the idea that someone killed themselves while their friends looked on over a live feed is really dark to me. I completely understand the suicidal impulse and action and that's why I'm here. But each suicide is in its way a tragedy and is not something to be reinforced, supported, enabled, romanticised or fetishised.
I understand where you come from and it is really disturbing to have people watching just for a kink for me too. But for those who are lost like me, it is much more reassuring to have a friend with you than to be alone. Being alone is very hard. Many people will CTB alone this is a horrible feeling. I think is something only those who lost hope can understand. Everything is harder on your own. If people are going to go through it like I probably will. I don't see any hope so I can understand. I wish it's the most comfortable and peaceful way. And this includes friends' or even acquaintances but that you trust will understand your pain. I know all people in my life who suicided did it alone and probably it was a miserable feeling.

This forum exists for this whole purpose, right? So we don't feel alone in our misery. Others that don't respect us just drive us away encouraging painful and lonely suicide even more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Infinite Conscious
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
I understand where you come from and it is really disturbing to have people watching just for a kink for me too. But for those who are lost like me, it is much more reassuring to have a friend with you than to be alone. Being alone is very hard. Many people will CTB alone this is a horrible feeling. I think is something only those who lost hope can understand. Everything is harder on your own. If people are going to go through it like I probably will. I don't see any hope so I can understand. I wish it's the most comfortable and peaceful way. And this includes friends' or even acquaintances but that you trust will understand your pain. I know all people in my life who suicided did it alone and probably it was a miserable feeling.

This forum exists for this whole purpose, right? So we don't feel alone in our misery. Others that don't respect us just drive us away encouraging painful and lonely suicide even more.
An eloquent post. I see what you are saying.

I also understand being alone, I am alone. I also understand being alone in CTB, I have made several attempts and one that left me with permanent injuries, and was alone each time. In my own case I wouldn't have wanted it another way because I didn't want to be stopped, but of course it depends on the audience .

With all that said, this creeps me out. It's just like something from a JG Ballard dystopian novel. The webcam blinking red as the final moment is reached..... because in the end, suicide IS lonely, because usually it's just YOU that are dying, no one else, so what kind of support is being given? We should also consider that it makes people more likely to kill themselves because they feel they must 'live up' to the audience. I've certainly read of that effect in people who commit severe violence. Sometimes SI is right and saves people's lives to a better future. It's better not to feel the pressure of an audience when weighing this up?

I couldn't watch someone kill themselves. Maybe that's a weakness on my part. I don't judge others here because like you say we are a community. But if my opinion is ever asked I would say - don't stream.

Reactions: Dutchyala
D

Dutchyala

Mar 6, 2021
An eloquent post. I see what you are saying.
It's part of my autism. I can't express much better.
I also understand being alone, I am alone. I also understand being alone in CTB, I have made several attempts and one that left me with permanent injuries, and was alone each time. In my own case I wouldn't have wanted it another way because I didn't want to be stopped, but of course it depends on the audience .

With all that said, this creeps me out. It's just like something from a JG Ballard dystopian novel. The webcam blinking red as the final moment is reached..... because in the end, suicide IS lonely, because usually it's just YOU that are dying, no one else, so what kind of support is being given? We should also consider that it makes people more likely to kill themselves because they feel they must 'live up' to the audience. I've certainly read of that effect in people who commit severe violence. Sometimes SI is right and saves people's lives to a better future. It's better not to feel the pressure of an audience when weighing this up?
I understand your feelings and they are valid. It's important how we feel about it. In my case I have been lonely most of my life, I barely have a family. My parents are dead, the rest of the family don't bother about me, I don't have friends. So I feel comfortable just having someone by my side in a hard time. But that is me. Suicide is scary. I agree about encouraging others, that is why I recommended doing only with people that are trusted.

I couldn't watch someone kill themselves. Maybe that's a weakness on my part. I don't judge others here because like you say we are a community. But if my opinion is ever asked I would say - don't stream

I don't like either. I only watched a few videos of methods I considered to see how it would feel if I do. And it made me feel sad for the person. I wouldn't stream either, but I respect everyone's choice, if something will make them feel better they should do it. But I advised no to do public because then all I see is people making fun and laughing and like you said it encourages others.
I personally wouldn't ever stream, but I don't want to be alone. Since I don't have friends I will be talking in this community if I do and personally, for me, this brings some comfort.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bat 17
M.M

M.M

Apr 10, 2021
I don't think you should livestream it, but perhaps one or two persons could watch it and document it.