• Partial

Votes: 47 52.8%

• Total voters
P

Powderedmonster

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Here are some details:

-Every time I hang partial suspension, I get a really uncomfortable lightheaded feeling, turn red/purple, and stand up out of instinct. I've found it's very difficult to not stand up, and frankly, don't know if I can do it.
-I've never attempted full suspension but have heard that if you do it wrong, you could end up suffocating consciously for minutes as it compresses your windpipe without compressing the carotid artery which makes you pass out.

Which option should I choose do you think? I really want to succeed..

Reactions: lemmeeleev and Gina
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
I would choose full suspension it´s really safe and with the right rope diametre you will pass out quick cause there´s your full body weight that compresses your ateries, not only a few kg

Reactions: CW36, ShornSoloists, lemmeeleev and 3 others
L

limone

Student
Mar 28, 2019
only full suspension; you won't risk rescuing and being comatose or paralyzed. When done properly you will lose consciousness in 10-20 seconds and die in 5-10 minutes

Reactions: CW36, ShornSoloists, lemmeeleev and 4 others
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
partial suspension,

Reactions: lemmeeleev
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
I think partial suspension is potentially better because if you choose full suspension, as you said yourself there's a chance it might get really painful. If you choose partial and find your sweet spot, a state of confusion should occur, so that you're not able to just stand up. Apparently this is pretty peaceful.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Powderedmonster, CrappyMJ and 4 others
P

Powderedmonster

Student
Mar 6, 2019
I think partial suspension is potentially better because if you choose full suspension, as you said yourself there's a chance it might get really painful. If you choose partial and find your sweet spot, a state of confusion should occur, so that you're not able to just stand up. Apparently this is pretty peaceful.
Yeah, except I haven't found my sweet spot yet..and always stand up.

Reactions: lemmeeleev and Gina
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
If you are hestitaing whether which method to die by hanging. Here's my suggestion.

Full suspension: if you are really desperate to die, go full because you won't have a second chance. It might hurt but it's worth it, all you need to do is overcome self instinct. On my earlier post, I tried full. That is the first time I almost succeed. You can find my latest post and see what I've experience before death. Yes, before DEATH.

Partial hanging: I will say this type of hanging as, a hesitation hanging. Why? Because partial hanging need practice. Not All can do it in first try. Also, partial hanging might seems painless but it isn't. If you do it wrongly.

So the point is, people who choose partial hanging might say that they wanna die, but deep inside them they are still little worry about their decision while people who go full is desperate for death

• Love
Reactions: CW36, ShornSoloists, Johanna94 and 7 others
ScorpiusDragon

ScorpiusDragon

Mage
Mar 25, 2019
If you are hestitaing whether which method to die by hanging. Here's my suggestion.

Full suspension: if you are really desperate to die, go full because you won't have a second chance. It might hurt but it's worth it, all you need to do is overcome self instinct. On my earlier post, I tried full. That is the first time I almost succeed. You can find my latest post and see what I've experience before death. Yes, before DEATH.

Partial hanging: I will say this type of hanging as, a hesitation hanging. Why? Because partial hanging need practice. Not All can do it in first try. Also, partial hanging might seems painless but it isn't. If you do it wrongly.

So the point is, people who choose partial hanging might say that they wanna die, but deep inside them they are still little worry about their decision while people who go full is desperate for death
I saw in some of your posts that you tried hanging. How painful was it?
I'm trying to find the most painless method.

Reactions: lemmeeleev
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
I saw in some of your posts that you tried hanging. How painful was it?
I'm trying to find the most painless method.
The most painless hanging is partial hanging. It's painless but if you fail and repeat over and over again. It can be pain too because of your neck and the rope. Also, it's not that lethel

For my experience on full. When I kick the book and let my body fall suddenly, I felt my neck chocked and I couldn't breath. Letting your neck support your whole weight is painful. It felt like getting injection. Just a while, like 2 to 3 sec and then I started to felt painless, after that my vision gone even my eyes are open and my ears filled with engine sound. Pretty weird right? Engine sound

Reactions: CW36, CrappyMJ, Pickles79 and 5 others
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018

Why didn't you succeed at full suspension?

Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
  • Wow
Reactions: theguineapigking and Quinlor
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
The most painless hanging is partial hanging. It's painless but if you fail and repeat over and over again. It can be pain too because of your neck and the rope. Also, it's not that lethel

For my experience on full. When I kick the book and let my body fall suddenly, I felt my neck chocked and I couldn't breath. Letting your neck support your whole weight is painful. It felt like getting injection. Just a while, like 2 to 3 sec and then I started to felt painless, after that my vision gone even my eyes are open and my ears filled with engine sound. Pretty weird right? Engine sound
Why did you survive full?

D

DeepSleep

Student
Aug 8, 2018

Why did the rope break? If it was too thin, I have got no idea why would you use it for hanging - it should have been cutting through your skin like hell...... But only 3 seconds of air dance (lets say 10) is quite a small price to pay. Why the hell would people choose unreliable ropes, I dont know...

Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
Why did the rope break? If it was too thin, I have got no idea why would you use it for hanging - it should have been cutting through your skin like hell...... But only 3 seconds of air dance (lets say 10) is quite a small price to pay. Why the hell would people choose unreliable ropes, I dont know...
Let's just say, 0 experience. And yes, it did cut my skin like hell. I'm suffering from skin damage now. My neck still have a red scar with me

Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
I tried partial suspension several times. It is not a good way. I want die in the first attempt. To try it again many times is very painful and very depressing.

• Aww..
Reactions: Cookiedough8956 and Ivenocare
ScorpiusDragon

ScorpiusDragon

Mage
Mar 25, 2019
I tried partial suspension several times. It is not a good way. I want die in the first attempt. To try it again many times is very painful and very depressing.
How did it feel? How painful was it during the times you tried it? Were you able to lose consciousness at all?

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Either should be fine. I've only tried partial, which is reliable once dialed in. Basically, you need to sit down hard and fast into noose instead of easing slowly. That's what most do wrong and why full works so well. Then find a spot on the floor and focus on it... should lose consciousness in under 20 seconds without much pain to speak of.

Noose immediately under chin, padded with layer of cloth to prevent rubbing and marks. Make sure your rope and your anchor point won't flake out on you. Resistance band anchors for doorways are cheap and sturdy anchors for the rope.

To describe the losing of consciousness via partial in my experience: I get a general dimness, visual fading, then heavy body and euphoria, then loopy thoughts, edging towards total darkness. And that's as far as I've gotten.

Reactions: CW36, Powderedmonster, Hatari and 1 other person
FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019
Ultimately, is course, it's up to you. For me, I've only attempted partial suspension and until finding the sweet spot it was a bit of discomfort after trying but noting more than the feeling of having slept wrong on my neck. Once I found the sweet spot after no pain after many tries... I've even caught myself taking breaks from work to go "hang" myself in my office bathroom. I use a hoody string with a slip knot. Directly under chin, take a deep inhale, lean my head forward, and bend at the knees/slide down the wall. Consciousness fades quickly and painlessly. I've said it before, it's like a rear naked choke in Brazilian Ju Jitsu except you don't tap and the opponent doesn't let go once you're "sleeping".

Reactions: CW36 and efffervescence
silentsinger

silentsinger

Experienced
Mar 1, 2019

THIS ^^^^^

Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
I tried full too, but In my case I put a chair near for when I decided to give up...
Then I must say that you are not ready to die. Don't do it then as it will only hurt your neck

Reactions: CW36 and Quinlor
Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
How did it feel? How painful was it during the times you tried it? Were you able to lose consciousness at all?
No, i didn't lose consciousness. It was too long, too painful and i couldn't overcome my survival instinct. Now i have fear to try it again. If i knew it before (when i had a courage), i used complete hanging and sure died. Partial is not a good way, i think.

Reactions: CW36 and Quinlor
P

planmd

May 20, 2019
I was planning with the exit bag but I also consider hanging sometimes. However, yet I can clearly seen how total suspension works, I cannot understand how partial suspension succeeds. I have been reading through it but I cannot see it. In case of finally choosing hanging, I would like to do it in a hotel room to get some privacy, although a tree or a bridge would be great for total suspension. Therefore, I should do partial hanging... But I cannot comprehend how a bar in a wardrobe or a door knob can be used as I suppose if you are touching the ground it is just a question of standing up and stop it due to the survival instinct and the axphysiation feeling, even if I am totally determined. Maybe you can shed some light on it? Thanks soo much!

Reactions: CW36
L

Lastexit

May 30, 2019
I saw the video of the kid accidentally killing himself he blacked out and drop to a partial suspension

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
As I understand these things, partial suspension doesn't block off the trachea (windpipe), so the pain and distress of choking whilst conscious is avoided. The ligature is supposed to compress the carotid arteries, and this is described as being bearable and short with unconsciousness occurring after a few seconds. One has to be prepared, as long as consciousness remains, to maintain sufficient pressure to keep the carotids blocked. (i.e. don't stand up.) Once unconsciousness happens, the body falls and a significant proportion of the body weight is transferred to the neck. Some body weight will still be borne by the floor. Death then follows as a result of anoxia as the oxygen rich arterial blood is stopped from reaching the brain via the carotids, and furthermore, once the trachea is blocked by the increase in weight suspended from the neck, re-oxygenation of blood in the lungs cannot happen.
This isn't meant to be an informed explanation - I am no expert. It is just my personal understanding which may, or may not, be accurate, so anybody feel free to correct me.

Sounds logical though.

But . . . . .
In practise the jugular veins seem to get blocked off first, and this (I believe) leads to an awful sense of congestion within the head, and turning red/purple. It's very unpleasant, and it bothers me that the increased pressure may cause a stroke.
The most noticeable effect that I have experienced is partial loss of hearing - not completely, but sounds seem to lose volume. This is the point at which I end the experiment, and the loss of hearing acuity reverses as soon as the noose is released.
This is my experience so far - I don't recommend any form of suicide nor practise method to anybody else. This is my decision about myself.

Last edited:
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
As I understand these things, partial suspension doesn't block off the trachea (windpipe), so the pain and distress of choking whilst conscious is avoided. The ligature is supposed to compress the carotid arteries, and this is described as being bearable and short with unconsciousness occurring after a few seconds. One has to be prepared, as long as consciousness remains, to maintain sufficient pressure to keep the carotids blocked. (i.e. don't stand up.) Once unconsciousness happens, the body falls and a significant proportion of the body weight is transferred to the neck. Some body weight will still be borne by the floor. Death then follows as a result of anoxia as the oxygen rich arterial blood is stopped from reaching the brain via the carotids, and furthermore, once the trachea is blocked by the increase in weight suspended from the neck, re-oxygenation of blood in the lungs cannot happen.
This isn't meant to be an informed explanation - I am no expert. It is just my personal understanding which may, or may not, be accurate, so anybody feel free to correct me.

Sounds logical though.

But . . . . .
In practise the jugular veins seem to get blocked off first, and this (I believe) leads to an awful sense of congestion within the head, and turning red/purple. It's very unpleasant, and it bothers me that the increased pressure may cause a stroke. The most noticeable effect that I have experienced is partial loss of hearing - not completely, but sounds seem to lose volume. This is the point at which I end the experiment, and the loss of hearing acuity reverses as soon as the noose is released.
This is my experience so far - I don't recommend any form of suicide nor practise method to anybody else. This is my decision about myself.
I think you're about right on the mechanisms, but I've had a different experience regarding the congestion and red/purple face. For me, I've experienced no congestion at all–just rapid loss of consciousness (never fully blacked out, but I approached the line. After ten to fifteen seconds I almost wasn't able to pull out of the noose). I did experience a similar thing with hearing. No purple or red face, though I imagine that would happen if I went all the way.

As for the stroke thing–death by hanging is always and necessarily a stroke because a stroke is defined as "Damage to the brain from interruption of its blood supply." In suicide by hanging, you are inducing a stroke and dying from it. This is why There's such severe brain damage in those that fall short. That was pretty sobering to me when I first realized it, but partial hanging is still very much my method of choice because it's reliable, painless, and easily available.

Last edited:
Reactions: CW36