• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
I joined a local writing fb group a few.. months(?) ago now. i havent said a word, i havent gone to meeting. social anxiety is the worst.

anyway, a bit ago i noticed they had a basic theme come up and i thought id try to write something then see how i feel about going.

part of me really wants to go, the topic was childrens stories and mine has an interesting take on the "first impressions matter most" saying where it teaches that second impressions are more important.
but my social anxiety.....idk....id probably just go to this one and then never again.... i want to get involved with things so badly.....

im "done", its acceptable but id like to rewrite it. if i were to do that id have a little over a day to do it, the meeting is on the 18th...

idk...why do i bother with things.....if id just give up i wouldnt have the stress, it wouldnt matter... i wouldnt care...ive been sitting on the draft for over a month, its 2s night before and i still dont f'en know! 🤯🤯🤯

Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
It's hard to validate your own writing and then push yourself to show it to someone else. I get that anxiety sometimes as well. You either push it till the last minute and take an impulsive decision or just disregard it all together. I always just flip the table and go all out if I really feel confident in my writing. Having someone else give their opinion on it might also help the push. Although for the social anxiety, you just gotta suck it up and just show yourself. I'm getting nervous even thinking about that, it's something that just snaps at the moment.

soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
I would say go for it! You never know, it might be a really nice experience and you can get feedback on your story and share it with people <3 although as someone with severe social anxiety, that is WAYYY easier said then done, my heart beats so fast before going into a public place/meeting with people, it can be hella scary. I believe in you!!!!!! 🤗🤗

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
Go for it. They're always good fun and make for excellent people watching as writers (present company excepted, naturally) are, well, a bit bonkers but in a lovely way. Or is that just me and the ones I've met?!

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
i dont think i can...

i talked to my bf. he says i should. that i shouldnt rewrite it..

i was working on messaging the person but then i got to over thinking... it says "Children's theme challenge". is it a childrens story like i originally thought it meant.. or is it a story based around a child (ex The Book Thief; Anne)

this feels stupid..i shouldnt bother....

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
All art is subjective.

You interpreted the hook.

You have a story.

You have somewhere to take it.

Everyone there will understand if you're nervous or anxious or shy. It's perfectly normal to sit at the back and not participate. Just be an active listener (which is proven to subdue anxiety) and nod to the things you like and get to know people's voices and the way they write. See what you like, see what you don't. Then smile your thanks and go home. You don't have to get stuck in right away. People are far more understanding about social anxiety than those feelings allow us to believe. Just take that small first step and let the other you invest in your creative interests. There's one thing that you're not, and that's stupid. Xxx

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
I joined a local writing fb group a few.. months(?) ago now. i havent said a word, i havent gone to meeting. social anxiety is the worst.

anyway, a bit ago i noticed they had a basic theme come up and i thought id try to write something then see how i feel about going.

part of me really wants to go, the topic was childrens stories and mine has an interesting take on the "first impressions matter most" saying where it teaches that second impressions are more important.
but my social anxiety.....idk....id probably just go to this one and then never again.... i want to get involved with things so badly.....

im "done", its acceptable but id like to rewrite it. if i were to do that id have a little over a day to do it, the meeting is on the 18th...

idk...why do i bother with things.....if id just give up i wouldnt have the stress, it wouldnt matter... i wouldnt care...ive been sitting on the draft for over a month, its 2s night before and i still dont f'en know! 🤯🤯🤯
How is it going, @Life_and_Death?