M

massimo

Dec 13, 2023
My colleague asked me to have dinner together. I love him, but he is heterosexual. Why did he invited me?
I can't afford another disappointment. I'd better end it all before or after meeting him?

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
My colleague asked me to have dinner together. I love him, but he is heterosexual. Why did he invited me?
I can't afford another disappointment. I'd better end it all before or after meeting him?
Could it be a dinner invite as friends?

AtomicWaffles

AtomicWaffles

hxppy thxughts
Dec 15, 2023
I hate to be the one to say it but if you're getting any hopes of love or something like that drop it, he is heterosexual and is probably just wanting to "get a night out with the bro". So if you are hoping for something romantic, If I were you I would give up while I am still ahead, but I have said this once and I will say it again, it is ultimately your choice.

ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Remember being able to move?
Jan 18, 2020
If you're asking yourself this question it means you want it. doesn't have to be "one more" either. Your life, you get as many chances as you want mate.

Keep expectations realistic, enjoy it for what it is.

exiled

exiled

i gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
I am not one to minimize reasons for wanting to die, but I hope that you don't end up making your decision solely upon this. If you are able to be okay with his heterosexuality and just be friends with him, then go on this dinner with that expectation. If you will leave feeling further heartbroken and depressed, perhaps reconsider. There is no wrong answer here, it really all depends upon what you can handle.

In terms of giving yourself "another chance at life" I will always answer yes to anyone who asks. Though I am fully supportive of people who want to end their life, I genuinely do not believe it's the best first option. Or second. Or third. To me, it's a last resort type of thing. If you have even a shadow of a doubt about it, I would stay. If you think you can handle giving yourself a second chance in any capacity, do it.

IF this situation with your colleague is increasing your suicidal thoughts, please know that you can still live a fulfilling life despite the pain of this. Again, I do not want to dismiss the heartbreak you must be feeling but please don't let this situation factor into your decision.

Give yourself another shot. But do it for you.

• Love
Reactions: Mayonaise