• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

roseleaf

roseleaf

freedom is a dream that is just out of reach
Apr 25, 2023
If you couldn't tell by the title, I am ready to leave this life.

However, my ex and my still-best friend has recently become very sad, and very suicidal.
I want to help him, but I know that if someone found out about me being suicidal, I wouldn't want help.

What should I do?

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Leave them to it. Consenting adults have the right to choose.

Reactions: thecolourgold
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023

However, my ex and my still-best friend has recently become very sad, and very suicidal.
I want to help him, but I know that if someone found out about me being suicidal, I wouldn't want help.

What should I do?
Maybe pull them aside and ask them about it. You could always share your feelings and having similar feelings may help you both cope.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The fact is that nobody is obligated to continue existing here, and anyway suicide is a personal decision in which other people shouldn't have any right to interfere in. It would be hypocritical to become a prolifer who forces the idea of "help" on suicidal people when you wouldn't want to be treat that way yourself. I think it's best to leave the person alone and let them make their own decisions.

Reactions: thecolourgold
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
The fact is that nobody is obligated to continue existing here, and anyway suicide is a personal decision in which other people shouldn't have any right to interfere in. It would be hypocritical to become a prolifer who forces the idea of "help" on suicidal people when you wouldn't want to be treat that way yourself. I think it's best to leave the person alone and let them make their own decisions.
Yes, don't push continuing to live on them, but be there for them regardless of their choice. For some people, having someone to just share thoughts with helps, whether it's bouncing around methods, or just knowing that one person cares. Ultimately it's their decision and love and support them regardless, but don't let fear make you not talk with someone you care about.

Reactions: thecolourgold and imissmykitten
PurpleParadigm

PurpleParadigm

The glow is an illusion
Mar 22, 2023
Depends on context. Blindly discouraging someone is insensitive and blindly encouraging them means you have a suicide fetish.

There are some folks who may be acting on impulse or clearly haven't done their research, there are methods that aren't well documented (recently seen a lot of night-night but there are fewer success reports than people failing to find the right spot), there are also those that are straight up dangerous like anything involving infrastructure and heavy machinery (trains for example).

When I first attempted in 2021 I nearly ate a bunch of yew seeds, looking back that would be a mistake as I'd die vomiting and shitting myself over the course of several hours. This weekend I had a massive low and wanted to chug my SN (which I have found in the end, hi cops), that would again be a bad idea.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Chara, thecolourgold, Unwr!tten and 1 other person
imissmykitten

imissmykitten

heart rot
May 7, 2023
i know some people who are suicidal want help, and some don't. in the case where someone is looking for help, it is ok to offer them support and advice, if you have any.

what i usually say when someone tells me they feel down, is i ask if they want me to listen or give advice. as in, are they open to advice and is this what they are looking for? or do they just want to rant?

if not, then i just give words of comfort (not empty ones) and talk to them about it without the unsolicited advice, or talk about any other subjects they want to. if yes, i try to give proper advice.

you don't have to become their therapist, but if they are open to advice and support, and you don't mind giving it, i believe it's ok to.

• Love
Reactions: Chara, roseleaf, Unwr!tten and 1 other person
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
Depends on context. Blindly discouraging someone is insensitive and blindly encouraging them means you have a suicide fetish.

There are some folks who may be acting on impulse or clearly haven't done their research, there are methods that aren't well documented (recently seen a lot of night-night but there are fewer success reports than people failing to find the right spot), there are also those that are straight up dangerous like anything involving infrastructure and heavy machinery (trains for example).

When I first attempted in 2021 I nearly ate a bunch of yew seeds, looking back that would be a mistake as I'd die vomiting and shitting myself over the course of several hours. This weekend I had a massive low and wanted to chug my SN (which I have found in the end, hi cops).
I agree wholeheartedly. Nuance is always recommended. If you know the person, then use that knowledge to help them, even if they still choose death, help them to go peacefully.

• Love
Reactions: roseleaf and PurpleParadigm
EmpathyMinded

EmpathyMinded

Student
May 1, 2023

What should I do?
You have a right to care about people who matter to you. That said, it would be hypocritical to tell him he shouldn't if you are opposed to anyone doing that to you.

I feel like the better middle ground is just to be supportive and make it clear you are there to talk. Telling him he shouldn't is anti-choice, but giving him support to make his life while he has it more peaceful and supported isn't. If he takes that support and decides he wants to live or if he decides that isn't enough still and he wants to leave, then that will remain freely his choice.

Tl;dr telling him what to do considering your own position isn't okay, but standing by his side for whichever choice he makes and making his existence better while it lasts however long is does is absolutely okay.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: roseleaf and Unwr!tten
M

mia141202

Jul 24, 2023

When I first attempted in 2021 I nearly ate a bunch of yew seeds, looking back that would be a mistake as I'd die vomiting and shitting myself over the course of several hours. This weekend I had a massive low and wanted to chug my SN (which I have found in the end, hi cops), that would again be a bad idea.
Wait, I am confused - why would chugging SN be a bad idea? I thought it was a (relatively) peaceful way to CTB.