sunbleachedflies

sunbleachedflies

If it is meant to be then it will be.
May 1, 2024
I am currently an intern at company X. A few weeks ago, my manager offered me to extend my internship for another 3 months and later continue it to a contract. Right now, I am also under a hiring process at company Y. HR from company Y messaged me if it is possible to have the final interview after June 10th. I was expecting the interview to be on next week so I can decide whether I want to continue in company X or move to company Y. My manager in company X asked me to give the final decision before the 11th since it is also my final day at company X. Should I ask for my manager if it is possible to negotiate the date to give the decision? What do you think I should do?

P.s. Company Y has the position I have been looking for.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I would ask your manager at Company X to extend your deadline. Even if they can't do that, I would 100% get your interview at Company Y for a few reasons. One, even though your boss says that your internship can eventually turn into a contract that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen when the time comes. Also contract work tends to be pretty crap as far as guaranteed continued employment when the contract comes up for renewal as well as you usually don't get benefits from the company and you're responsible for those on your own. Secondly, and this is coming from someone who works a job that they never really wanted and they hate, if company Y is offering you the position that you actually want, I would 100% prioritize that.

Good luck, I hope things work out for you!

Reactions: sunbleachedflies, ImTelling and damyon
sunbleachedflies

sunbleachedflies

If it is meant to be then it will be.
May 1, 2024
I would ask your manager at Company X to extend your deadline. Even if they can't do that, I would 100% get your interview at Company Y for a few reasons. One, even though your boss says that your internship can eventually turn into a contract that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen when the time comes. Also contract work tends to be pretty crap as far as guaranteed continued employment when the contract comes up for renewal as well as you usually don't get benefits from the company and you're responsible for those on your own. Secondly, and this is coming from someone who works a job that they never really wanted and they hate, if company Y is offering you the position that you actually want, I would 100% prioritize that.

Good luck, I hope things work out for you!
Thank you so much for your kind advice. I truly appreciate it. I will be talking to my manager this week about my decision. I hope you're having a good day ahead :)

Reactions: Forveleth