makingaplan

makingaplan

Apr 23, 2024
Is this the shotgun and ammo that is recommended?

Shotgun: 12 gauge
Ammo
  • Length: 3 inches
  • Type: Buckshot
  • Pellet size: 00 buckshot (larger pellets)
  • Weight: 1 ounce (28.35 grams)
Can I buy used from a pawn shop?

Does the brand matter?

How much ammo should I buy?

I'll need some to practice with and one to use?

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Yep, you're choice of gun and ammo is good. Most 12 gauges can take 2 3/4" or 3", either will do the job no problem.

You can buy used from a pawn shop who's an FFL, though they really vary in integrity, prices, etc. I would say you're better off buying new if you can afford it, a good shotgun can be found under $250.

Like any products, brands definitely vary in reliability, accuracy, pricing, but researching the specific model is more important since even great companies put out shit products from time to time. If you buy new, you're not too worried about reliability since even the worse American brands aren't going to malfunction out of the box (minus extremely rare instances).

Yeah if you can go to a range or outdoors and practice, then you'll want more ammo. Can't really tell you how much, depends how much you want to practice. Most common pumps carry about 5-8 shells at one time for reference.

• Informative
Reactions: makingaplan and CrossTheBridge
CrossTheBridge

CrossTheBridge

never meant to be.
Sep 21, 2023
There's no specific gun that's "recommended." It's rather about what is more suitable or accessible for your situation. I currently own a 9mm pistol, but I've looked into shotguns as well; specifically the Mossberg Shockwave which has been suggested to me here in the past.

Reactions: makingaplan