• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Not A Fan

Not A Fan

don't avoid the void
Jun 22, 2024
Hi. I intend to procure the following tank from an online seller. I cannot have it shipped to my house, so I rented a PO Box at the local post office. However the vendor ships with FedEx only, not USPS, and the product info states that "a signature is required upon delivery." This item is larger than the biggest PO boxes available. Typically they would place a note in your PO Box,, which you bring to the counter and they give you your big item.

Does anyone forsee any potential problems with this delivery? Is there any reason why FedEx would refuse to deliver it there? Haha I feel like this question is way too specific that no one would even know... but y'all have quite the treasure trove knowledge so I'd figure I would try....

51q46HTLQFL AC SX679
6 x 1 x 46 inches (this actually doesn't sound right... but its what was listed on the product info.)
69 pounds
Ships in plain cardboard box via FedEx
(I know this is huge and overkill but it's the only pre-filled tank I was able to find, shipped to USA. At least, I'll definitely not have to worry about it running out!)

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't have the anwer to the OP's question, but for curiosity's sake, I'd sure like to know the answer, so I'll be watching this thread. Frankly, without actually knowing, it seems plausible it might work out fine. It seems this is the way the company ships regularly, and many a US resident utilizes PO boxes, particularly in rural America. The cylinder is packaged, certainly under any weight restrictions, non- explosive. I don't see any issues myself. There's no issue getting it shipped to PO box utilizing a credit card, since it wouldn't be going to your home address the card company has on file?

Those measurements do seem "screwy". What about the package could possibly be 1 inch?????

Not A Fan

Not A Fan

don't avoid the void
Jun 22, 2024
I don't have the anwer to the OP's question, but for curiosity's sake, I'd sure like to know the answer, so I'll be watching this thread. Frankly, without actually knowing, it seems plausible it might work out fine. It seems this is the way the company ships regularly, and many a US resident utilizes PO boxes, particularly in rural America. The cylinder is packaged, certainly under any weight restrictions, non- explosive. I don't see any issues myself. There's no issue getting it shipped to PO box utilizing a credit card, since it wouldn't be going to your home address the card company has on file?

Those measurements do seem "screwy". What about the package could possibly be 1 inch?????
Probably supposed to be "6x6x46" since its a cylinder... the length and width of the box should be equal. Whatever the case, it's too big to fit in any PO Box. USPS has a standard protocol for this.

It sounds like, I might just have to track the shipment very closely and then go sit in front of the post office all day until it comes. That, in itself, sounds a bit sketchy to me. Or maybe request them to send to fedex pickup location instead:

• FedEx may require a signature upon delivery for certain packages sent to PO Boxes to ensure that the package is received by the intended recipient and to prevent theft or loss. If you are not available to sign for the package, FedEx may leave a notice for you to pick up the package at a nearby FedEx location or schedule a redelivery.
  • If you're not available to receive your package at your PO Box when it's delivered, FedEx may leave a notice for you to pick the package up at a nearby location or you may need to arrange for redelivery at a later date.
( source: shipscience.com )

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Probably supposed to be "6x6x46" since its a cylinder... the length and width of the box should be equal. Whatever the case, it's too big to fit in any PO Box. USPS has a standard protocol for this.

It sounds like, I might just have to track the shipment very closely and then go sit in front of the post office all day until it comes. That, in itself, sounds a bit sketchy to me. Or maybe request them to send to fedex pickup location instead:

• FedEx may require a signature upon delivery for certain packages sent to PO Boxes to ensure that the package is received by the intended recipient and to prevent theft or loss. If you are not available to sign for the package, FedEx may leave a notice for you to pick up the package at a nearby FedEx location or schedule a redelivery.
  • If you're not available to receive your package at your PO Box when it's delivered, FedEx may leave a notice for you to pick the package up at a nearby location or you may need to arrange for redelivery at a later date.
( source: shipscience.com )
Sounds like it works out either way. I wouldn't bother "camping out" at the PO box. Just let them leave notice, if that's what they do, and then go to the FedEx facility to retrieve. It's not too far from you?

Not A Fan

Not A Fan

don't avoid the void
Jun 22, 2024
Sounds like it works out either way. I wouldn't bother "camping out" at the PO box. Just let them leave notice, if that's what they do, and then go to the FedEx facility to retrieve. It's not too far from you?

I just went to the seller's website instead of their 3rd party listing and got much better info, answering my question clearly and also has the correct weight and dimensions:

• All HP cylinders come with a 10 year hydrotest date stamped.
• All HP cylinders are within 2 years of stamped date.
• Meets DOT and/or ISO regulations.
• DOT number is stamped on the tank.
• Shipping only available to Continental US (Lower 48 States).

All HP cylinders come with a 10 year hydrotest date stamped. All HP cylinders are within 2 years of stamped date. Meets DOT and/or ISO regulations. DOT number is stamped on the tank. Rated Safety on Valve: 3,360 psi. These are filled at industry standard of 2,015 psi. Prior to shipping, we test each cylinder for 2,015 psi to ensure there are no leaks. Manfacturer's Cylinder Specifications: 125 cu/ft Steel High Pressure Gas Cylinders: Working Pressure = 3AA2265, Test Pressure = 3775, Diameter = 7-1/4", Length = 41-1/2", Weight = 50 lbs. It is advised to contact your local gas supplier(s) to verify their policy on re-filling customer-owned cylinders. No Return on Full or Empty cylinders due to DOT regulations associated with the transport of the cylinders. In cases where damage occurs during transit, Weldfabulous will do our best to correct the issue. Please contact us for any questions or concerns. Shipping only available to Continental US (Lower 48 States). All full cylinders are shipped via FedEx Ground with Signature Required by the person on the shipping address, at the time of delivery. Please provide a first and last name, and a physical address for shipping (no PO Boxes). Orders without a first and last name, and a physical address will automatically be canceled.Understanding date stamps: The "hydrotest date" is the number stamped before the " + * " markings. The "service pressure" is the number stamped before the "SPUN" marking.

Gas: Nitrogen
CGA Fitting: 580
Contents: Nitrogen
Color: Black
Tank Size: 125 Cu./Ft.
Height: 48"
Diameter: 7"
Weight: 69 lbs.

Not A Fan

Not A Fan

don't avoid the void
Jun 22, 2024
That sucks.
I sent them an email to customer service asking about pickup at the FedEx store. I live in populous area of southern california so there will surely be one within a short drive from my house. Hopefully that will be acceptable for them. Otherwise I may have to determine a different method.

It's far too large and conspicuous to have it sent to my front door and I would not be able to explain it. Other than to say I'm trying to get into welding, which might be semi-believable because I converted one of the rooms here into a woodworking shop a few years ago, and started learning how to design shelves and things. I really wanted to start making abstract sculptures and considered getting into metalworking at some point, actually.

If I understood networking and social-climbing, I could have potentially made an income from selling the stuff I made, some of it is quite good and a very different, non-traditional style but I'm pathetically inept when it comes to sales, marketing, promotion, commerce. And unlike digital art, video and music, it's fucking expensive buying materials, tools, replacement parts, etc. so my workshop has just been collecting dust for some time.

Also, I am just a very, very bad liar. I get overwhelming anxiety when faced with a situation where I have to fabricate a story. So I think stealth is the only way to do this.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Hi. I intend to procure the following tank from an online seller. I cannot have it shipped to my house, so I rented a PO Box at the local post office. However the vendor ships with FedEx only, not USPS, and the product info states that "a signature is required upon delivery." This item is larger than the biggest PO boxes available. Typically they would place a note in your PO Box,, which you bring to the counter and they give you your big item.

Does anyone forsee any potential problems with this delivery? Is there any reason why FedEx would refuse to deliver it there? Haha I feel like this question is way too specific that no one would even know... but y'all have quite the treasure trove knowledge so I'd figure I would try....

View attachment 144578
6 x 1 x 46 inches (this actually doesn't sound right... but its what was listed on the product info.)
69 pounds
Ships in plain cardboard box via FedEx
(I know this is huge and overkill but it's the only pre-filled tank I was able to find, shipped to USA. At least, I'll definitely not have to worry about it running out!)
69 lbs is what mine is, 3500 liters, but its less now after two years, PSI dropped from 2200 to 1650 PSI

• Informative
Reactions: Not A Fan
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
IDK. I wouldn't hold your breath that they'd be amenable to that because of the signature requirement most likely.

What did you plan on doing with the cylinder once you got it? It doesn't sound like you can keep it at home. In a large metro area, surely there has to be some gas suppliers you could purchase from?

Reactions: Not A Fan
Not A Fan

Not A Fan

don't avoid the void
Jun 22, 2024
IDK. I wouldn't hold your breath that they'd be amenable to that because of the signature requirement most likely.

What did you plan on doing with the cylinder once you got it? It doesn't sound like you can keep it at home. In a large metro area, surely there has to be some gas suppliers you could purchase from?
I have a private garage in a parking lot that is separate from the unit. The whole thing about being a bad liar.. I'd rather not deal with anyone in person while purchasing it. I could sign for it after picking it up from FedEx. Still waiting to hear back from them, though.
69 lbs is what mine is, 3500 liters, but its less now after two years, PSI dropped from 2200 to 1650 PSI
Thanks for that info. Very helpful to know that. I plan on using mine within a few months.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
Not A Fan

Not A Fan

don't avoid the void
Jun 22, 2024
The people who work at this place reply to e-mails without reading them.

This is already becoming way too complicated. You can't just specify shipping to the store. It has to be shipped to your address first, then redirected with a customer FedEx account. Which I tried to sign up for. And now it is trying to mail an "activation code" to my house to verify the address in 3 - 5 business days?? So much for stealth. Wow this is seriously wack.

Last edited: