• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CallOfTheVoid112

CallOfTheVoid112

Love. Leave. Rinse. Repeat
Feb 22, 2021
So guys
I'm just wondering
does anybody know have real information of confirmed ctbs from the shallow water blackout method?
I've been reading about it and due to my lack of financial resources for my preferred method to ctb, I believe this might be what I will have to do or short drop hang suspension... Any insight or words of wisdom will be definitely appreciated

Reactions: Rocinante
T

treetop.grazer

Student
Jan 11, 2022
I've tried time and time again and just can't pass out through hyperventilating, this was also my preferred method but can't get past the first step šŸ˜¢

• Aww..
Reactions: itsnotanybody and CallOfTheVoid112
Upvote 0
S

Seekingawayout

Student
Dec 10, 2022
I've tried time and time again and just can't pass out through hyperventilating, this was also my preferred method but can't get past the first step šŸ˜¢
Same. I tried and tried. All I got was weird muscle cramps that might have been related to my chronic low potassium. I even tried to just hold myself under after that, but when I tried to just breathe in the water I just swallowed it. It was physically impossible to just breathe it in.

• Aww..
Reactions: CallOfTheVoid112
Upvote 0
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Yes plenty of confirmed cases. They are called accidents.
There's no way of knowing if someone hyper ventilated or not

• Informative
Reactions: SuicidŠµ and CallOfTheVoid112
Upvote 0
yuzuchan

yuzuchan

Sep 9, 2022
So guys
I'm just wondering
does anybody know have real information of confirmed ctbs from the shallow water blackout method?
I've been reading about it and due to my lack of financial resources for my preferred method to ctb, I believe this might be what I will have to do or short drop hang suspension... Any insight or words of wisdom will be definitely appreciated
If you watch real swimmers or divers shallow water blackout is a real threat they black out without ever knowing I remember watching the Olympics before I knew about it and watching a coach not even the life guard dive in after there swimming blacked out under water

So It can easily happen I've also tried and not able to.

If you Google space monkeys or breathing game or something kids basically hyperventale hold breath and blow on there thumb till they pass out.
Again I kinda fucked with this in a bathtub face just above water hoping jd hit it and just not wake up but I personally must be doing something wrong when hyperventaling

But in short it's defiantly possible

• Love
Reactions: Grayfield and CallOfTheVoid112
Upvote 0
M

my-end

Leaving not grieving
Dec 19, 2022
I've been practicing some breathing exercises as part of my method but also because it's just a trippy feeling. I just did this again maybe 20 min ago. Sitting in a chair I breathed full breaths in and out 3-4 times then breathed rapidly 3-4 times, held my breath and leaned my head back (all the way)...
I completely lost consciousness and didn't even realize it. I felt it come over my head, there was zero discomfort and next thing I know I feel myself twitching and waking up.
This can prepare anyone considering iga, swb, or maybe use it in conjunction with partial or full.

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: ctb_warrior, sleep4eternity, StandardOtter and 7 others
Upvote 0
CallOfTheVoid112

CallOfTheVoid112

Love. Leave. Rinse. Repeat
Feb 22, 2021
Oh my gosh thank you!!

Reactions: my-end
Upvote 0
S

Seekingawayout

Student
Dec 10, 2022
I've been practicing some breathing exercises as part of my method but also because it's just a trippy feeling. I just did this again maybe 20 min ago. Sitting in a chair I breathed full breaths in and out 3-4 times then breathed rapidly 3-4 times, held my breath and leaned my head back (all the way)...
I completely lost consciousness and didn't even realize it. I felt it come over my head, there was zero discomfort and next thing I know I feel myself twitching and waking up.
This can prepare anyone considering iga, swb, or maybe use it in conjunction with partial or full.
I wonder if I can get that to work for SWB? That's would be awesome.

Upvote 0
S

Seekingawayout

Student
Dec 10, 2022
I do want to try it, but I'm not alone in the room and I'm pretty sure I'll get a funny look if I just start trying to make myself pass out. šŸ¤£

Reactions: thecolourgold
Upvote 0
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
If you watch real swimmers or divers shallow water blackout is a real threat they black out without ever knowing I remember watching the Olympics before I knew about it and watching a coach not even the life guard dive in after there swimming blacked out under water

So It can easily happen I've also tried and not able to.

If you Google space monkeys or breathing game or something kids basically hyperventale hold breath and blow on there thumb till they pass out.
Again I kinda fucked with this in a bathtub face just above water hoping jd hit it and just not wake up but I personally must be doing something wrong when hyperventaling

But in short it's defiantly possible
I would say it just takes a bit more of practice.
In a another thought, i wonder if knocking yourself out by pressing the carotids would have the same effect. I think the two mechanisms are different, one is blood, the other is co2... Probably wouldn't work

Upvote 0
Pentobarbital_Plz

Pentobarbital_Plz

STOP HAVING KIDS!!!
Oct 28, 2022
Sitting in a chair I breathed full breaths in and out 3-4 times then breathed rapidly 3-4 times, held my breath and leaned my head back (all the way)...
Do you know how long you were out?

Upvote 0
M

my-end

Leaving not grieving
Dec 19, 2022
Do you know how long you were out?
Only a few moments, but in my practicing this is the most I've been "out". Also in the simplest procedure. I've tried squatting, hyperventilating, then standing. Which works fairly well but it's overall to much motion. I've tried lying down, hv, and sitting up, which didn't work very well. I'm working on incorporating this as an immediate blackout coupled with my n2 setup.

Upvote 0
yuzuchan

yuzuchan

Sep 9, 2022
I would say it just takes a bit more of practice.
In a another thought, i wonder if knocking yourself out by pressing the carotids would have the same effect. I think the two mechanisms are different, one is blood, the other is co2... Probably wouldn't work
Yes it would have the exact same effect

Upvote 0
BoomBang101

BoomBang101

Professional Screwup
Jan 1, 2023
Anyone know if this method is even recommended at all? Seems easy but too chancey and kinda hard to pull off

You mentioned short suspension hanging, I'd definitely go for that over this

Upvote 0
Utada

Utada

Me Muero
Dec 15, 2022
Just came up with a super weird strategy but eating super spicy ghost pepper chips can force you to hyperventilate, accidentally just discovered this

• Informative
Reactions: StandardOtter, thecolourgold, angelcircuit and 1 other person
Upvote 0
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
A friend of mine (not a SS member) is considering this method. She is 72yo, in good health condition. She tried to practice once, no result (maybe hyperventilation too short). Is this method suitable for elderly people?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
A friend of mine (not a SS member) is considering this method. She is 72yo, in good health condition. She tried to practice once, no result (maybe hyperventilation too short). Is this method suitable for elderly people?
Up!

Upvote 0
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
Up again. She needs an answer, she is computer-illiterate, I am her unique source of information and I wouldn't like to induce her into error.

Upvote 0
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
Up, up and up. She is lost.

Reactions: stupidmonkey and thecolourgold
Upvote 0
dra1ncoreslwt

dra1ncoreslwt

tove š“†©ā™”š“†Ŗ
Mar 22, 2023
Only a few moments, but in my practicing this is the most I've been "out". Also in the simplest procedure. I've tried squatting, hyperventilating, then standing. Which works fairly well but it's overall to much motion. I've tried lying down, hv, and sitting up, which didn't work very well. I'm working on incorporating this as an immediate blackout coupled with my n2 setup.
can you explain exactly what to expect? or what is the body reaction? I'm not completely familiar with the shallow water method

Upvote 0
Grayfield

Grayfield

Student
Feb 13, 2023
can you explain exactly what to expect? or what is the body reaction? I'm not completely familiar with the shallow water method
They're describing how to induce syncope. This is quite different from shallow water blackout (SWB). Indeed it would be very difficult to induce a syncope in that way and then drown in a bathtub.This thread explains it very well.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
dra1ncoreslwt

dra1ncoreslwt

tove š“†©ā™”š“†Ŗ
Mar 22, 2023
They're describing how to induce syncope. This is quite different from shallow water blackout (SWB). Indeed it would be very difficult to induce a syncope in that way and then drown in a bathtub.This thread explains it very well.
thank you <3

Reactions: Grayfield
Upvote 0
K

kernel_panic

ā€®
Feb 11, 2023
Definitely a method I'm strongly leaning towards doing Sunday. Gonna practice this week
So I found an article on how to pass out that may help: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-safest-way-to-make-yourself-pass-out-Faint. I tried it myself and it definitely works. I'm not sure how I'll do it in front of the bathtub still trying to figure out the logistics of it all. šŸ¤”
I wouldn't recommend that for shallow water blackout. You could regain consciousness while submerged and end up with water in your lungs. The Wikipedia article below explains why that particular method you mentioned results in loss of consciousness.

The hyperventilation leads to an excessive elimination of carbon dioxide (CO2​) whereas no significant additional amounts of oxygen can be stocked in the body. As only carbon dioxide is responsible for the breathing stimulus, after hyperventilation, breath can be held longer until cerebral hypoxia occurs. The blood also becomes abnormally alkaline as a result of the excessive elimination of carbon dioxide; this subsequent rise in blood pH is termed alkalosis. [...] In the body alkalosis generally induces vasodilation (widening of the blood vessels) but in the brain alone it causes vasoconstriction (narrowing of the blood vessels). This vasoconstriction appears to be made even worse by a sudden increase in blood pressure caused by squeezing or holding the breath "hard". [...] Vasoconstriction is only reversed by the build-up of carbon dioxide in the blood through suspension of breathing. The sequence of events leading to unconsciousness from hyperventilation is as follows:
  1. Decrease in partial pressure of alveolar CO2​.
  2. Decrease in partial pressure of arterial CO2​.
  3. Increase in blood pH, (respiratory alkalosis).
  4. Vasoconstriction of blood vessels supplying brain.
  5. Pooling of the blood present in the brain at the time.
  6. Brain rapidly uses up oxygen (O2​) available in the pooled blood.
  7. O2​ concentration in the brain drops.
  8. Unconsciousness from hypoxia of cerebral tissue.

I wasn't able to find the exact amount of time, but it probably doesn't take very long for the vasoconstriction to be reversed (maybe a minute or less). In that case, there will still be a lot of oxygen in the body, and you will regain consciousness once the cerebral blood flow is resumed.

The only safe method is to hyperventilate and hold your breath to the point of losing consciousness. Nothing else. This ensures that oxygen is depleted from the entire body to the point where consciousness can't be maintained anymore.

Reactions: StandardOtter and heartbroken12
Upvote 2