• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CallOfTheVoid112

CallOfTheVoid112

Love. Leave. Rinse. Repeat
Feb 22, 2021
So guys
I'm just wondering
does anybody know have real information of confirmed ctbs from the shallow water blackout method?
I've been reading about it and due to my lack of financial resources for my preferred method to ctb, I believe this might be what I will have to do or short drop hang suspension... Any insight or words of wisdom will be definitely appreciated

Reactions: Rocinante
M

my-end

Leaving not grieving
Dec 19, 2022
can you explain exactly what to expect? or what is the body reaction? I'm not completely familiar with the shallow water method
I'm trying to learn as well. I'm not using swb but I suggest reading about the swimmers who are affected. It may be something one must actively build up to. I've only been practicing the the hv to incorporate in the inert gas/eb method.
I too work to understand what to expect and coach my self to let go and just go to sleep as I imagine the situation.
I have practiced passing out too frequently and had terrible headaches after.

Reactions: thecolourgold
Upvote 0
R

rhylin

Mar 29, 2023
I wouldn't recommend that for shallow water blackout. You could regain consciousness while submerged and end up with water in your lungs. The Wikipedia article below explains why that particular method you mentioned results in loss of consciousness.

I wasn't able to find the exact amount of time, but it probably doesn't take very long for the vasoconstriction to be reversed (maybe a minute or less). In that case, there will still be a lot of oxygen in the body, and you will regain consciousness once the cerebral blood flow is resumed.

The only safe method is to hyperventilate and hold your breath to the point of losing consciousness. Nothing else. This ensures that oxygen is depleted from the entire body to the point where consciousness can't be maintained anymore.
Yeah I tried the method myself n it definitely didn't work. Thank you for the information

Reactions: thecolourgold
Upvote 0
M

my-end

Leaving not grieving
Dec 19, 2022
wouldn't recommend that for shallow water blackout. You could regain consciousness while submerged and end up with water in your lungs
Bear with me as I try to make sense of this. If loss of consciousness occurs, without oxygen, the brain will not become conscious. If the body forces a breath due to any waste co2 from last held breath, the lungs would take on water but being unconscious, one would not be aware, potentially the end. Someone point out anything that may be wrong here, thanks.

Reactions: thecolourgold and dancesponge
Upvote 0
F

fakeimportance

May 4, 2023
Gosh I'm so happy to find a topic on this. SWB has always been my preferred method, only overtaken by hanging just due to difficulties passing out. It was actually my first attempt. Yet nobody would know it was an attempt because I never passed out so it looked like I just took a long bath 🤣

Upvote 0
S

StandardOtter

Apr 17, 2023
Bear with me as I try to make sense of this. If loss of consciousness occurs, without oxygen, the brain will not become conscious. If the body forces a breath due to any waste co2 from last held breath, the lungs would take on water but being unconscious, one would not be aware, potentially the end. Someone point out anything that may be wrong here, thanks.

Not sure if this still needs answering, but since people like me are still reading this looking for info I'll give my take: From what I'm reading, that method actually knocks you out by restricting blood flow to the brain forcing it to use up all the oxygen it has access to. Once the flow resumes, your brain will regain access to oxygenate blood even without breathing. If you're underwater that means you wake up breathing water and sounds absolutely terrifying. I was going to try so I'm really glad I found this thread.

Shallow water blackout is different because it uses up the oxygen in your entire bloodstream. I guess that also explains why it's so extremely deadly, but also means the barrier is much higher than expected. You may not need to be an athlete but you will need to push yourself, and doing it in a bathtub is unlikely to be viable because you need to exert yourself to use up the oxygen.

Edit: Reading further it seems exercise might be unnecessary with enough hyperventilation. You just need to hold your breath for longer. I'm definitely still viewing this as a possibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: stupidmonkey and Kikoo
Upvote 0
BoredomSeeker

BoredomSeeker

"A black light bulb. The repression of an idea."
May 25, 2023
Not sure if this still needs answering, but since people like me are still reading this looking for info I'll give my take: From what I'm reading, that method actually knocks you out by restricting blood flow to the brain forcing it to use up all the oxygen it has access to. Once the flow resumes, your brain will regain access to oxygenate blood even without breathing. If you're underwater that means you wake up breathing water and sounds absolutely terrifying. I was going to try so I'm really glad I found this thread.

Shallow water blackout is different because it uses up the oxygen in your entire bloodstream. I guess that also explains why it's so extremely deadly, but also means the barrier is much higher than expected. You may not need to be an athlete but you will need to push yourself, and doing it in a bathtub is unlikely to be viable because you need to exert yourself to use up the oxygen.

Edit: Reading further it seems exercise might be unnecessary with enough hyperventilation. You just need to hold your breath for longer. I'm definitely still viewing this as a possibility.
Say you were somehow able to exercise in a bath tub, whilst holding your breath, would this make it easier to pass out? I though that it would just build up CO2 levels, and because of that make it harder to keep holding your breath?

Upvote 0
S

StandardOtter

Apr 17, 2023
Say you were somehow able to exercise in a bath tub, whilst holding your breath, would this make it easier to pass out? I though that it would just build up CO2 levels, and because of that make it harder to keep holding your breath?
I'm a long way from being an expert since I haven't managed to knock myself out and I literally didn't even pass highschool biology, but your body is heavily reliant on oxygen for everything it does, so exercising will certainly cause you to pass out sooner. The question is whether it decreases your oxygen levels faster than it increases your CO2 and forces you to breathe, and I think that may depend on the intensity of the exercise as well as how fit you are in that area. (see https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/science-of-aerobic-base-training/)

In basic terms, aerobic refers to 'with oxygen' while anaerobic refers to 'without oxygen.' During an anaerobic effort, such as a 10-second sprint, your body is not using oxygen to fuel its main energy source. Conversely, during aerobic efforts like endurance events, your body is running on oxygen.

So basically I think you want to exercise at an intensity you can sustain for several minutes at least. That quote is a little misleading because you still use oxygen to deal with the byproducts of a sprint, so it may be that any exercise is useful, but I think a low/moderate level of exertion is pretty much guaranteed to be helpful. You can also train to improve your ability to metabolize oxygen allowing you to push yourself harder and use up more oxygen while still in that aerobic zone. The previous link explains that but might be easier to start with.

Upvote 0
yellowroses

yellowroses

Ever Seeking
Jun 12, 2023
A friend of mine (not a SS member) is considering this method. She is 72yo, in good health condition. She tried to practice once, no result (maybe hyperventilation too short). Is this method suitable for elderly people?
This is purely speculation but I'd imagine it depends on her lung strength: if she's able to make herself hyperventilate enough then I don't imagine why it would be any different based on age.

Reactions: HerculePoirot
Upvote 0
PapaYeehaw

PapaYeehaw

Indecisive 🧘‍♀️
Nov 28, 2021
I would say it just takes a bit more of practice.
In a another thought, i wonder if knocking yourself out by pressing the carotids would have the same effect. I think the two mechanisms are different, one is blood, the other is co2... Probably wouldn't work
I have been wondering if you inhale chemicals that would make you pass out, like the stuff you see when you look up what chemicals not to mix, then could it possibly work? I'm not sure why no one has mentioned it before.

Upvote 0
C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
it's nearlly impossible to faint as needed without drugs.
don't waste time on hyperventilation.
use CO to lose consciousness then drowning

Reactions: ctb_warrior
Upvote 0
ctb_warrior

ctb_warrior

I wish to CTB asap
Feb 11, 2024
it's nearlly impossible to faint as needed without drugs.
don't waste time on hyperventilation.
use CO to lose consciousness then drowning
Thank you Chelsea for advise. I actually am struggling to find these chemicals handy.
Plus I live with my family. So, i was narrowing down on SWB. But seems it might not be feasible

Upvote 0