• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I have this wonderful condition that makes life so much greater than it is already.
Time doesn't help unfortunately I still had some anxiety even after 6months+ of working at the same place.
Does anyone know any strategies or meds that help with SA?

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I've just returned after 8 months off sick.
Does your work have Human Resources that can help?

Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
Finding the source of your anxiety might help a bit. Mine is caused (atleast in part) by the fact that I'm 'weird-looking' and autistic, which always makes me extremely nervous about how others perceive me. Coming to terms with being abnormal, and that there's nothing I can do to change that, has eased my anxiety substitentially (though I don't believe it will ever dissapear completely; I guess we just have to live with it to some degree).

L

looksminnedautist

Feb 13, 2024
I have this wonderful condition that makes life so much greater than it is already.
Time doesn't help unfortunately I still had some anxiety even after 6months+ of working at the same place.
I had it for 6 years until i forced myself out there. Exposure therapy works i guess, at least for me. Also a little alcohol and just being apathetic about peoples judgements of me helped me

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I had it for 6 years until i forced myself out there. Exposure therapy works i guess, at least for me. Also a little alcohol and just being apathetic about peoples judgements of me helped me
I can't show up drunk to work.
I don't have this problem when going 'outside'. It's work related. I get overly anxious. I think it's because of my first job I had this massive asshole of a boss who would scream and threaten his employees.

Shrike

Shrike

My pain isn't yours to harvest.
Feb 13, 2024
Work social anxiety has been my biggest recent issue with jobs. I think I've made the mistake of trusting a number of the wrong people and ended up flatfooted in how I position myself in jobs, as usually I manage it better than this. Ended up too open, too revealed, and usually, the more open I am, the more it seems to aggravate others.
Coming to terms with being abnormal, and that there's nothing I can do to change that, has eased my anxiety
Do you encounter what looks like bullying, and how do you deal with it? It's been my issue as I feel like I'm an easy target, but fighting back seems to make it worse, and other times people tell me I'm just imagining things. I've been burned before by people saying I'm imagining things, I don't know who to trust anymore. I also know how easily people look the other way.

kotonearisato

kotonearisato

momento mori
Feb 13, 2024

Oof, definitely feel that. Work is also my biggest place for social anxiety. Things I do that have helped ease it a little - I'm not sure about your work hours, but mine are flexible. Showing up to the office before anyone else is there helps ease me into the day a bit more and get my bearings. It also gives me a chance to look over my workload for the day and write things down, so I don't have to get nervous about forgetting things and screwing up (another trigger of my social anxiety). Plus I get to go home earlier, so less time overall spent with my coworkers.

I'm also allowed to wear headphones while I work, and I find either a good podcast or even just white noise helps calm me down and not dwell on it. It also helps as people are less likely to approach you for conversation, and if they need something, they'll probably email/message you instead. I hope it gets easier for you soon.