nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
He started a thread the other day about wanting to do this in protest against the NHS in the UK. I told him not to put himself through hell because the media would just move on to another tragedy in 24 h. He deleted the thread
I read the news, nothing about a man burning himself, I hope he's alright now. This method is horrible, a student in my country burned himself in public because he has no money to pay his university fees. Noone saved him and he spent two weeks in a hospital before dying. It is horrible. The local media talked about him for a week then they forgot about him. I always remember him though, he was such a beautiful young man but life was unfair to him

• Aww..
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Wrennie, demuic and 4 others
deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
May 30, 2021
He started a thread the other day about wanting to do this in protest against the NHS in the UK. I told him not to put himself through hell because the media would just move on to another tragedy in 24 h. He deleted the thread
Pretty much, that's the way the news is.
I sure hope he hasn't gone through with this for his own sake and for the sake of others. That's pretty mental to imagine someone self immolating themselves. Jesus h.

deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

May 30, 2021
I really hope you didnt go through with this op, I respect people's right to self determination but the pain alone for you and the trauma for others really makes me unhappy with this choice. But it is yours I guess, I just hope you are okay.

Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
Jan 7, 2021
Hello everyone.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

I was flopped on by a hoard of police, and they sectioned me before I could do anything.

The police put me on a section 136 (when someone is found "mentally ill" in a public place) and I was then seen by AMHPs, who put me on a section 2.

I'm currently on a psychiatric ward that I've been on many times before.

I needed some toiletries brought up to me, and my one and only "friend" took my nan to get them. They brought them up to me, at the 136 suite, then my "friend" texted me and basically told me that I'm a no good friend, that I use and manipulate people, and that he is blocking my number. I have deleted his number.

I had to beg and plead with my "mother" who abandoned me at birth, to bring me up some clothes. She said that this was the last time, and that she'll change her number if I call her again.

I really am starting to question whether I am nothing but a monster? Filth? Worthless?

I still have the tablets, which have been secreted between my bum cheeks, and I'm seriously contemplating taking them. I just feel broken at this point, and I see no other way forward.

I feel like a failure for not fulfilling my plans on Wednesday, but the place where I was going to do it (a big, open green) wasn't completely empty. There were kids playing in the distance, and I wasn't prepared to put them through that.

I then tried to buy a Stanley blade, to open myself up, but the shop that used to be there is now completely gone. I was becoming desperate by this stage, and desperately wanted my fix.

It was at this point that I changed my plans, and took a bus to one of the mental health places who used to help me (in my old area.) My plan was to douse myself and set myself alight there, so that they could see what the mental health "service" in my new area has done to me. Just as I was about to do it, two police cars and a van screeched up next to me. I was immediately detained, and sectioned.

So I saw the consultant on the ward today, and they have re-prescribed the medication I stopped taking about a month and a half ago. I'm not taking that shit, as there's nothing wrong with me. I no longer believe in the diagnoses, and I have given up on this system. Let's see if they try to force me (injection) to take their shit. I'll be ready for them.

Anyway, I'll finish off by thanking you all again for your kind words. You've been more supportive than the mental health "service" my so called "friend" and even my so called "family." I'm just trying to work out what I've done so wrong, to merit such distain?

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: SuicidalAgain, OpheliasFlowers, it's_all_a_game and 21 others
E

ErzsebetBATHORY

BLOOD COUNTESS. ashes ashes, we all fall down
Jun 2, 2021
Hello everyone.

I was flopped on by a hoard of police, and they sectioned me before I could do anything.

The police put me on a section 136 (when someone is found "mentally ill" in a public place) and I was then seen by AMHPs, who put me on a section 2.

I needed some toiletries brought up to me, and my one and only "friend" took my nan to get them. They brought them up to me, at the 136 suite, then my "friend" texted me and basically told me that I'm a no good friend, that I use and manipulate people, and that he is blocking my number. I have deleted his number.

I had to beg and plead with my "mother" who abandoned me at birth, to bring me up some clothes. She said that this was the last time, and that she'll change her number if I call her again.

I really am starting to question whether I am nothing but a monster? Filth? Worthless?

I still have the tablets, which have been secreted between my bum cheeks, and I'm seriously contemplating taking them. I just feel broken at this point, and I see no other way forward.

I feel like a failure for not fulfilling my plans on Wednesday, but the place where I was going to do it (a big, open green) wasn't completely empty. There were kids playing in the distance, and I wasn't prepared to put them through that.

I then tried to buy a Stanley blade, to open myself up, but the shop that used to be there is now completely gone. I was becoming desperate by this stage, and desperately wanted my fix.

It was at this point that I changed my plans, and took a bus to one of the mental health places who used to help me (in my old area.) My plan was to douse myself and set myself alight there, so that they could see what the mental health "service" in my new area has done to me. Just as I was about to do it, two police cars and a van screeched up next to me. I was immediately detained, and sectioned.

So I saw the consultant on the ward today, and they have re-prescribed the medication I stopped taking about a month and a half ago. I'm not taking that shit, as there's nothing wrong with me. I no longer believe in the diagnoses, and I have given up on this system. Let's see if they try to force me (injection) to take their shit. I'll be ready for them.

Anyway, I'll finish off by thanking you all again for your kind words. You've been more supportive than the mental health "service" my so called "friend" and even my so called "family." I'm just trying to work out what I've done so wrong, to merit such distain?
fuck yeah. its good to hear from ya. i was secretly hoping something like that would happen cuz im tellin ya fire is the absolute most painful way to go there is. i figured youd regret it once someone found you as a half melted pile of still living suffering mutant. my brother told me theres some dude in his jail that passed out in a house he was tryin to burn down (the one that got him pinched)... he has no facial features at all. hands are melted looking nubs. he doesnt even have his lower body. and they literally call him the mutant. are you in any better space than that day? i wish you well. cheers darlin

Attachments

• conecootie.jpg
    conecootie.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Cockney_Rebel
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I'm glad you're ok as you can be. I'm really sorry that everyone has cut you off. When I got sectioned I'd been totally crazy in the weeks/months prior. My family disowned me. My mum said it was tough love but at the time I was alone and scared. You will hopefully be able to rekindle the friendships if you want to when you're better.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Wrennie and 4 others
R

Roseate

Arcanist
Mar 24, 2021
Hello everyone.

What are you diagnosed with? And did the pills ever work?

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I still have the tablets, which have been secreted between my bum cheeks, and I'm seriously contemplating taking them.
Don't do that in the fucking hospital! You'll just get into more trouble

Reactions: Hattywacky, N2Narcosis, logan and 1 other person
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
I'd say just try to ride out the section as long as it takes. Definitely try and talk about how you feel unhappy with your current diagnosis and treatment. They maybe able to work out a new treatment plan. I'm sorry you're suffering so much, that's the cause of your issues not because you're a "monster" or anything like that.

It's been nice to talk to you and I hope I can't continue to do so. Try and comply as much as you can, I hope this'll be a help and new start for you.

Best wishes!

• Love
Reactions: newave3 and Cockney_Rebel
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
This threads wild, glad you're not all crispy and shit OP.

• Love
Reactions: poisonedminds and Cockney_Rebel
E

ErzsebetBATHORY

BLOOD COUNTESS. ashes ashes, we all fall down
Jun 2, 2021
yeah dude whatever happens i hope you find what yer lookin for. be well darlin Me

• Love
Reactions: Cockney_Rebel
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I'm always perplexed that you guys get to still communicate and visit the Internet while being sectioned, but the hospital I go to, they give you a phone and 5 mins of talk time, but no internet or anything. Oh yeah, American psych hospitals are literal for-profit prisons.

I'm glad you're okay and not crispy and in the burn unit.

• Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Efilismislife, not4us and 5 others
S

Sullun

Jul 5, 2020
I don't think OP did it as I know they're UK based like I am and I don't see a thing about anyone setting themselves on fire in the news. And believe me the media are like vultures; they'd be on a story like that like a cat on a mouse.

I think it's highly likely they were either stopped and are in some form of custody seeing as his set up looked very suspicious and the country is on edge when it comes to terrorism, not to mention the police were already looking for him. Or he changed his mind.

I guess we'll have to wait and see but it's plausible that OP is OK.
I'm UK based too and, frankly, I'm not surprised someone would be driven to this. The UK is a torture chamber without walls for people who want to ctb peacefully and at a time of their choosing. It's virtually impossible to get hold of N or SN. I know there's always CO but that comes with a risk to others and too high a chance of brain damage for my liking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cockney_Rebel and demuic
Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
What are you diagnosed with? And did the pills ever work?
EUPD & OCD.

The pills worked at first, but I believe their effectiveness wore off over time. Then I just had to take them to feel half normal. I was on the maximum doses for all of them.

I stopped taking them initially because of the weight gain. I've lost a stone since coming off of them. However, I now feel that I don't need them.

I'm going to continue to refuse them.

I was on olanzapine, venlafaxine, mirtazapine, diazepam and zopiclone.
Don't do that in the fucking hospital! You'll just get into more trouble
I've overdosed in this "hospital" before.

Also cut my wrists in here, too.

Just wanted to add something:

I stated this on the post that I deleted, so I just want to mention it again.

I said basically that I believe you and I got off on the wrong foot. I misjudged you, and called you out. However, I truly believe it was the medication distorting my view, and I have come to see you as a genuinely decent person.

I hope you can accept my apology.

Look after yourself.
I'm always perplexed that you guys get to still communicate and visit the Internet while being sectioned, but the hospital I go to, they give you a phone and 5 mins of talk time, but no internet or anything. Oh yeah, American psych hospitals are literal for-profit prisons.

I've been on a PICU before, following my rooftop standoff.

A PICU is a Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit. It's one level up from this place. In there, they took my iPhone off of me and I had to buy a little "dumb" phone. They also had phone booths, and you had to give the number to the office and they put it through to one of the booths.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
  • Love
Reactions: Wrennie and Cockney_Rebel
deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

May 30, 2021
Glad to see you are as okay as can be possible considering the circumstances op. Hope the next stage after this things can work out better.

I don't think anyone thinks you are monster. Our situations can drive us mad and make us feel that way. The fact you feel this worked up over it shows that you care that don't want to be considered that way.
I know the other day when I was out driving and I mentally lost it again i just felt like ramming my car into an oncoming lorry i was that out of it but I thought about it and reconsidered but I know what's it's like to be that hell bent on just doing the deed when you feel backed into a corner so to speak.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Wrennie, Bedrock48 and 1 other person
Thisgirlwantstosleep

Thisgirlwantstosleep

A pointless life had in a pointless world
Mar 11, 2019
I'm UK based too and, frankly, I'm not surprised someone would be driven to this. The UK is a torture chamber without walls for people who want to ctb peacefully and at a time of their choosing. It's virtually impossible to get hold of N or SN. I know there's always CO but that comes with a risk to others and too high a chance of brain damage for my liking.

Yes the UK is an intolerable place for anyone who isn't of a certain creed and hue. I'm catching the bus because of the poor state of housing and the fact that the council failed me.

And yes the mental health services are shit too but that's more to do with the Tory government than anything else.

This island is a sinking ship and I think it's time I jumped off. Can't be arsed to deal with its brokenness anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad
Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
So in just a few days, I have gone from a Section 2, to having the Section 2 being rescinded, to being discharged tomorrow.

It seems like someone intending to set themselves on fire isn't serious enough for the UK mental health system.

They've also stopped all of my medication, which I haven't taken for about 7 weeks. One would have thought they'd try to get me back on them? They have just started me on one different tablet, but they say that medication is not really effective for EUPD. Yet at the same time, they won't give me therapy because I'm "so actively suicidal."

I just can't work this out?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: HopelessCookie, BloodyNobody, Scribble Fan and 2 others
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
So in just a few days, I have gone from a Section 2, to having the Section 2 being rescinded, to being discharged tomorrow.

It seems like someone intending to set themselves on fire isn't serious enough for the UK mental health system.

They've also stopped all of my medication, which I haven't taken for about 7 weeks. One would have thought they'd try to get me back on them? They have just started me on one different tablet, but they say that medication is not really effective for EUPD. Yet at the same time, they won't give me therapy because I'm "so actively suicidal."

I just can't work this out?

Medication can and has been effective at reducing symptoms, although a lot of care teams like mine prefer less meds and more therapeutic activities. Makes sense. What med are you on if you don't mind me asking? It might take some time and trial and error before you see positive changes.

However not offering therapy seems ridiculous. Have they offered you anything at all, any resources to turn to in crisis? I'm sorry you're going through this and wish I could somehow make it better. I hope the medication changes works out at least.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and logan
N

N2Narcosis

Jun 5, 2021

I've started unironally referring to the psych ward as the gulag. I'm not even joking that's what I really think of it.

Reactions: Bullit, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Burned out and 1 other person
Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
I don't understand why someone with any perception of reality would do this (no offense for those who consider this as a method). Not only because of the pain, but because even if you reach the media you'll 100% be considered insane. I want my suicide note and my reasons to actually be taken seriously by my family and those who know me at least.

Reactions: poisonedminds