Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
What do you guys think about therians? Do you think they are cringe? Are you okay with them? Are you a therian yourself? Or do you have no idea what they are? I'd love to hear your responses!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _Broken_alice, binturong, Dliena and 2 others
certified_idiot

certified_idiot

No Longer Human
Dec 5, 2023
It seems interesting. I want to learn more about it. I'm not a therian, even if I do feel subhuman sometimes as a result of my abuse, but I don't think they're cringe. I think, as long as they aren't harming anyone, they're completely ok, however, I don't know that much about them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Burden_Bailey and edu0z
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Having met wonderful folks who identify in various ways, as well as being close to someone severely struggling with issues of identity, I fully respect and support it, no matter the kind. It's fine to not understand, but nobody deserves to be harassed over their self expression.

• Love
Reactions: binturong, AInilam, Burden_Bailey and 2 others
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
It seems interesting. I want to learn more about it. I'm not a therian, even if I do feel subhuman sometimes as a result of my abuse, but I don't think they're cringe. I think, as long as they aren't harming anyone, they're completely ok, however, I don't know that much about them.
Ohh, that's really sweet. I'm sorry that u got abused tho. I am here for you if you need someone to talk to! But I definitely agree, if you aren't harming others, then you can do whatever you want!
Having met wonderful folks who identify in various ways, as well as being close to someone severely struggling with issues of identity, I fully respect and support it, no matter the kind. It's fine to not understand, but nobody deserves to be harassed over their self expression.
Thank you for supporting! And I wish best of luck to the person you mentioned struggling with their identity.
O: I also noticed that you are lesbian. Me too! That's really cool (:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: リンさん and edu0z
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd never heard the term before, although I read an article once where a teacher wouldn't let a young child identify as a cat. Maybe that was related.

Honestly, I think anything mental is difficult to assess. Even things like pain are difficult to put on a scale. Everyone is different. Who would any of us be to say that person definitely doesn't feel like they are something other than human? How would we know? How can we really assess who is just unhappy and who is depressed? By looking for other symptoms maybe. I don't know. I guess mental illnesses are diagnosed when several symptoms are present.

But in terms of what I would think about them? I think we think how we think. What to do about it though could be more difficult. Maybe that child was smart and thought being a cat would be an easier life! Cats don't need to do homework or learn maths. Will her parents be happy to 'keep her' as a cat? I doubt they'd be thrilled about cleaning out a human sized litter box! Of course- when the child becomes an adult- they can do what they like if they can afford to and it's legal. I guess it might be a case of having a separate life at home where they could express themselves fully. As living beings- I think we should have the freedom to be whatever we are.

The difficulty comes with finances- like everything else. Will doctors insist that they can't work? Will the tax payer be expected to support them? I guess that's up to them to sort out.

• Love
Reactions: Slow_Farewell and edu0z
D

delphi4470

Dec 20, 2023
Tbh i think its kinda odd, but i guess were all weird in our own ways

• Love
Reactions: Burden_Bailey
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
This site is pretty open minded so long as you are not hurting other people here

• Love
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
I'd never heard the term before, although I read an article once where a teacher wouldn't let a young child identify as a cat. Maybe that was related.

Honestly, I think anything mental is difficult to assess. Even things like pain are difficult to put on a scale. Everyone is different. Who would any of us be to say that person definitely doesn't feel like they are something other than human? How would we know? How can we really assess who is just unhappy and who is depressed? By looking for other symptoms maybe. I don't know. I guess mental illnesses are diagnosed when several symptoms are present.

But in terms of what I would think about them? I think we think how we think. What to do about it though could be more difficult. Maybe that child was smart and thought being a cat would be an easier life! Cats don't need to do homework or learn maths. Will her parents be happy to 'keep her' as a cat? I doubt they'd be thrilled about cleaning out a human sized litter box! Of course- when the child becomes an adult- they can do what they like if they can afford to and it's legal. I guess it might be a case of having a separate life at home where they could express themselves fully. As living beings- I think we should have the freedom to be whatever we are.

The difficulty comes with finances- like everything else. Will doctors insist that they can't work? Will the tax payer be expected to support them? I guess that's up to them to sort out.
That's not really what therians are, and they don't use litter boxes, and they still function like humans and go to work. But, I'm glad that you are supportive! :)
Tbh i think its kinda odd, but i guess were all weird in our own ways
True! Thanks for being honest lol.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: doormat25, Forever Sleep and edu0z
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021

In Argentina there was a case in which a person who identified with a fox sued a veterinarian because he did not want to treat him. They use this case to generalize, and just like with the trans community, I don't think that 99% of people are like the typical stereotype that is seen on social networks. But you have to set limits. Do you feel like you are a cat? For my its ok, as long as it makes you happy(we should see studies about whether this type of "self-determination" is psychologically healthy, but the topic is so controversial that they don't dare to study it), it doesn't affect me at all as if you want to be a troll from lord of the rings. But you cannot demand that the laws that apply to other people do not apply to you.

• Love
Reactions: binturong, Pluto, ColorlessTrees and 3 others
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
This site is pretty open minded so long as you are not hurting other people here
That makes me happy :)
In Argentina there was a case in which a person who identified with a fox sued a veterinarian because he did not want to treat him. They use this case to generalize, and just like with the trans community, I don't think that 99% of people are like the typical stereotype that is seen on social networks. But you have to set limits. Do you feel like you are a cat? For my its ok, as long as it makes you happy(we should see studies about whether this type of "self-determination" is psychologically healthy, but the topic is so controversial that they don't dare to study it), it doesn't affect me at all as if you want to be a troll from lord of the rings. But you cannot demand that the laws that apply to other people do not apply to you.
You are absolutely right.

• Hugs
Reactions: silentcicada
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022

It's all very interesting. No, me personally, I feel all too human but I don't think it's fair to doubt how other people say they genuinely feel.

It can become complicated though I imagine. So- from your example- I don't actually think it was all that fair to sue that vet. The drugs used on animals are likely different to those used on humans. Maybe the vet denied the treatment because of that. The man may feel like a fox but he has the biology of a human. Why should the vet risk their license and the patients health by performing a procedure they obviously felt to be unsuitable for humans? Sorry but it's like a trans woman insisting she have a C-section for a phantom pregnancy. A doctor wouldn't slice them open just to abide by their wishes if it was an unnessary risk to their health. Not that I'm against transgenderism either. It's just an example to say a procedure that could potentially hurt someone is bound to be refused.

Say he went to a pet groomers though? That's up to them really. It likely wouldn't do him any harm but again- they don't have to provide the service. No one does I imagine unless it's an emergency situation and their life is at risk- in which case- those services probably do get into trouble if they don't act. I imagine most vets are private though- not publicly funded services. We can't insist that any company provides us with a service.

Case in point are bakers who refuse to make a cake with swear words on. Or- even bake cakes for halloween or even same sex marriages- because it offends their principles/ religion. Personally, I think they're in a fortunate position to be able to turn down the work! Personally- I wouldn't have a problem with most things. Still- it's up to them ultimately. 'My castle, my rules.' It's simply a service they are providing. One that can be bought elsewhere.

That goes more for small business owners I would say though. When it's larger corporations- I think they should be more careful. Large companies employ hundreds of people. A CEO running their mouth off over strong personal views is quite frankly- dumb. Even with free speech and all that- they should realise that they don't speak for everyone that works for them and their words can directly affect sales and jobs! That's more off topic though.

But- I guess it's all individuals at the end of the day. Some people are more accepting of things than others and will treat living beings with respect whatever. Others have strong views about things. So long as neither are hurting the other, I think it has to be accepted really. You can't make people accept things though always and demand things of them as a right. Sometimes, the best you can hope for is they just ignore you to live your life. Neither though should people insist that a person's feelings and beliefs don't matter. That's even worse!

• Informative
Reactions: binturong, ColorlessTrees and Burden_Bailey
silentcicada

silentcicada

Silhouettes on the ceiling
Aug 2, 2023
I don't quite understand the philosophy behind it, but it's harmless and I understand wanting to be something other than human.

• Love
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
I don't quite understand the philosophy behind it, but it's harmless and I understand wanting to be something other than human.
Thank you for being supportive.
It's all very interesting. No, me personally, I feel all too human but I don't think it's fair to doubt how other people say they genuinely feel.

It can become complicated though I imagine. So- from your example- I don't actually think it was all that fair to sue that vet. The drugs used on animals are likely different to those used on humans. Maybe the vet denied the treatment because of that. The man may feel like a fox but he has the biology of a human. Why should the vet risk their license and the patients health by performing a procedure they obviously felt to be unsuitable for humans? Sorry but it's like a trans woman insisting she have a C-section for a phantom pregnancy. A doctor wouldn't slice them open just to abide by their wishes if it was an unnessary risk to their health. Not that I'm against transgenderism either. It's just an example to say a procedure that could potentially hurt someone is bound to be refused.

Say he went to a pet groomers though? That's up to them really. It likely wouldn't do him any harm but again- they don't have to provide the service. No one does I imagine unless it's an emergency situation and their life is at risk- in which case- those services probably do get into trouble if they don't act. I imagine most vets are private though- not publicly funded services. We can't insist that any company provides us with a service.

Case in point are bakers who refuse to make a cake with swear words on. Or- even bake cakes for halloween or even same sex marriages- because it offends their principles/ religion. Personally, I think they're in a fortunate position to be able to turn down the work! Personally- I wouldn't have a problem with most things. Still- it's up to them ultimately. 'My castle, my rules.' It's simply a service they are providing. One that can be bought elsewhere.

That goes more for small business owners I would say though. When it's larger corporations- I think they should be more careful. Large companies employ hundreds of people. A CEO running their mouth off over strong personal views is quite frankly- dumb. Even with free speech and all that- they should realise that they don't speak for everyone that works for them and their words can directly affect sales and jobs! That's more off topic though.

But- I guess it's all individuals at the end of the day. Some people are more accepting of things than others and will treat living beings with respect whatever. Others have strong views about things. So long as neither are hurting the other, I think it has to be accepted really. You can't make people accept things though always and demand things of them as a right. Sometimes, the best you can hope for is they just ignore you to live your life. Neither though should people insist that a person's feelings and beliefs don't matter. That's even worse!
Interesting..

• Yay!
Reactions: silentcicada
trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023
I don't believe in souls so I think they're people who are either mentally ill, seeking attention or both. Any therians in here, please don't be offended. This is just my opinion and I'm more than open to a good discussion about this topic. Maybe I'll learn something new 😊 I have nothing against you personally.

• Love
Reactions: edu0z
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021

agree with every word

I don't believe in souls so I think they're people who are either mentally ill, seeking attention or both. Any therians in here, please don't be offended. This is just my opinion and I'm more than open to a good discussion about this topic. Maybe I'll learn something new 😊 I have nothing against you personally.

I want to be like you when I grow up.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: trashhologram and Forever Sleep
rattymiss

rattymiss

Feb 7, 2023
i personally find it weird to say the least, and believe that people identifying as an animal should seek mental help - im not trying to say it in a rude way, but generally problems with gender identity etc come from dysphoria which is a mental disorder. its not the same as furry, where people just cosplay for fun, but actually think theyre an animal trapped in the wrong body... and i dont believe its fully "harmless", living in delusion isnt healthy and i dont think people should live in a bubble of their imaginaton, i believe to be actually cruel to let someone detach from reality just because they cant face the reality. i wouldnt be the person to laugh at them, but id just feel bad, not happy for them for "finding themselves" because they quite literally did the opposite.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Celerity and edu0z
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
Ah Therians I've heard of y'all for awhile Otherkins too I think back in the 2015-17 kind of era when I was still a teen and honestly? I never really saw what the issue was I mean sure normal people are going to judge and say what they usually will say but I think you guys are cool at the end of day IMHO plus I think nobody can possibly get or understand what another might been/be going thru or what their experince is like even in this case. So you are what/who you desire to be.

• Love
Reactions: bebebeep, edu0z and Burden_Bailey
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
Ah Therians I've heard of y'all for awhile Otherkins too I think back in the 2015-17 kind of era when I was still a teen and honestly? I never really saw what the issue was I mean sure normal people are going to judge and say what they usually will say but I think you guys are cool at the end of day IMHO plus I think nobody can possibly get or understand what another might been/be going thru or what their experince is like even in this case. So you are what/who you desire to be.
Thank you! That's so sweet!

• Love
Reactions: Dliena
achb

achb

I am Clive
Oct 23, 2023
If it helps someone be happy and doesn't hurt anyone then who am I to judge? I imagine therians and furries overlap a bit. And I must say. Furries have my heart. They always look like they're enjoying themselves at cons, and as someone who used to take commissions, they can be so generous when commissioning art pieces of their fursonas. And the dedication of them building their own fursuits!!!

• Love
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
If it helps someone be happy and doesn't hurt anyone then who am I to judge? I imagine therians and furries overlap a bit. And I must say. Furries have my heart. They always look like they're enjoying themselves at cons, and as someone who used to take commissions, they can be so generous when commissioning art pieces of their fursonas. And the dedication of them building their own fursuits!!!
Thank you so much!

N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
I'm a furry, dunno much about therians but anyone who minds themselves & doesn't cause trouble is fine in my book ^w^
Also "normal" is boring & doesn't exist so if people give you shit for it, it's just cuz they're ignorant jerks

I feel like an animal sometimes & don't know what to make of it, I wanna bite someone but I'm a good doggie lol

• Love
Reactions: binturong and Burden_Bailey
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
I'm a furry, dunno much about therians but anyone who minds themselves & doesn't cause trouble is fine in my book ^w^
Also "normal" is boring & doesn't exist so if people give you shit for it, it's just cuz they're ignorant jerks

I feel like an animal sometimes & don't know what to make of it, I wanna bite someone but I'm a good doggie lol
Hello, fellow furry! Also, you are so nice omg can I hug u

Reactions: N33dT0D13
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I find it childish, in a positive way.

• Love
Reactions: binturong and Burden_Bailey