• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
I had a really bad time of it today, fighting off impulses...but it's easing up. The time will come, but not yet...not today. Not yet.
It made me think of Roy Batty, in BLADE RUNNER, sticking the knife in his cramping hand, mind over matter, racing against the clock/4 year life-span..."time...enough..." Irony...how the replicants are trying to increase their artificially short lifespan, while I'm fretting over my longevity...still, I have a few more things to do, yet...so, not yet..."time enough..."

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
BLADE RUNNER is my all-time favourite movie. I think it deals with death in a darkly beautiful way. Roy Batty's final words will always resonate with me.

I also love this line from an alternate version:

"I watched him die all night. It was a long, slow thing and he fought it all the way. He never whimpered and he never quit. He took all the time he had as though he loved life very much. Every second of it...even the pain. Then, he was dead."